A Hero: a Puella Magi Madoka Magica/Doctor Who crossover Thread MK3

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Dalek Ix, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

We need to have something done about that server, or we'll eventually reach thread MCLXXI

Second thread

First thread.

Trope Page [spoiler]WARNING! MAY RUIN YOUR LIFE![/spoiler]

----------

Index

----------
    Selias, Kia and Nox like this.
  2. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

I was looking through the second thread, when I came across someone mentioning a Dalek with The Man Your Man Could Smell Like's voice. I was suddenly struck with the insane idea of Sec, Kyouko and Homura doing a POWERTHIST-like comercial...with Kyouko narrating.

"...for when you need PREPOSTEROUS AMOUNTS OF HOPE."

*Shot of Sec and Homura, surrounded by familiars.*

*EVERYTHING EXPLODES*

"Now in sworberry! Made with real swords!"

"Who the fuck wrote this crap!?"
  3. FaceMeltor CARRY HARDER

That was me. I wrote it after thinking about how abnormally shitty Daleks sound. I guessed that Daleks may be mad scientists, but that that does not necessarily mean that they are good scientists. Ergo, for the abnormal loudness they deliver they have nothing but a loudspeaker the size of what you would use in cellphones, which explains the (lacking) sound quality.

Now I imagine a Dalek with a boombox panzertaped to the front, wires going in and out, singing this.

And he means it.
  4. Irksome Dude SAGOZO! SAGOZO!

Wat.
  5. Torgamous Untitled

POWER KILLING! POWER RUNNUNG! POWER HEALING! POWER SPAWNING GRIEF SEEDS! YOU'LL HAVE SO MANY GRIEF SEEDS!
    FIVE HUNDRED GRIEF SEEDS!

[spoiler]caps[/spoiler]
  6. FaceMeltor CARRY HARDER

GIVE SWORBERRY TO YOUR GRIEF SEEDS AND THEY WILL BECOME BAD AT

[SIZE=+3]ABSORBING EMONESS![/SIZE]

MAKE YOUR GRIEF SEEDS ABNORMALLY CORRUPTED!

THEY'LL BE AS CORRUPTED AS WITCHES!

PEOPLE WILL SEE THEM LYING AROUND AND THINK THEY'RE WITCHES!

THEY'LL BE AS MUCH AS A DANGER TO SOCIETY AS WITCHES!

EVEN IN COMPARISON TO WITCHES!

AND THEN THERE WILL BE A WALPURGISNACHT AND THEY'LL GET EXTERMINATED BACK TO MADOHALLA!

HEY, GO WITH THE SURE THING! DON'T GAMBLE WITH YOUR CORRUPTION!

CAAAAAAAAAAAANNDLEEEEEEEEEEE

JACK YOURSELF UP WITH SWO

EDIT: Fuck this capskiller.
  7. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

Write words without allcaps. Then the forum ignores all the ALLCAPS you type.
  8. dz1 Lost in time and space...

I apologize for this post as I'm sure most of the thread is already sick of the topic, and if you want I'll take it to PM's instead, but I have difficulty walking away from an argument...

No, the Doctor does say "they don't exist when they're being observed". Word-for-word. However you interpret the rest of the explanation, David Tennant said those exact words during filming and then they were aired with the rest of the episode as part of the Doctor's dialogue. As for the fucking up people who look into their eyes, that was added in "The Time of Angels"/"Flesh and Stone", and Weeping Angels were changed significantly between those episodes and "Blink", and as I've already said, I'm explaining how I believe it worked in "Blink". And the Doctor responds to Sally's claim that they are "just statues" (in response to his statement that they are "creatures from another world") with "only when you look at them".

It doesn't. I never said it was willfully done, in fact that is one of the main ways it is changed between "Blink" and TToA/FaS. In the latter episodes, it appears to have some cognitive aspect (when they surround Amy they freeze because of her, but when they think that she can't see them they begin to move despite the previous shot showing that they were all arranged so that they were looking at each other--meaning they don't freeze because of seeing each other, unlike in "Blink"). As for my personal hypothesis, in that explanation they aren't "creating" anything--the placeholder that I refer to is what looks like a statue, my personal belief on the subject is that the statue is not itself an actual object so much as the space that the angel occupied still functions as though it were occupied, only without an actual object there (when it is no longer observed, the angel exists again). If that were true, the appearing to be made of stone would be incidental. And this is all believable in the Doctor Who universe because the show runs on so much Art Major Physics and Art Major Biology that sometimes I almost think it fits more into the fantasy genre than sci fi.

Edit: I should restate, I'm sure I'm overthinking it. But I enjoy overthinking it, so yeah.
  9. biigoh Fluffy Paws indeed

Of course, it's from the perception of a blind Amy Pond...
  10. dz1 Lost in time and space...

I don't think it is. I'm pretty sure the audiences perspective is supposed to be third-person there.
  11. judgeking United Nuclear Nations

In chapter five, you mentioned Homura having a decommisioned US Warship in her possession for her plan to defeat Walpurgisnacht. Would I correct in assumimg that she and Sec stole the USS Hawes (FFG-53), an Oliver Hazard Perry-class guided missile frigate that was decommissioned in 2010?
  12. Brellin Bolos are magical

Homura stole that before she met Sec if I remember right.
  13. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

Yes she did.

It caused a bit of an investigation, which will become RELEVANT in chapter 6.

Oh and, by the way, the following is spoilers:

N4-92 50F5U K2F0I QWTPF 5TWU0
    72JG9 QUWHS S4626 QZ879 9RXJ9
    X93ID SRZ3- JR+1M 1WWVB W3GRE
    06FQY 41CGE 6JJ3T N40B3 KG5ZZ
    9T1KZ TDV9G 9+FUC +79D1 WZ8RI
    0NU+9 SA2VR TIQXR H677C U5C6N
    HCI89 EXJ6W R8OWW UF
  14. firefossil I have charts. Lots of charts.

No, not N40B3 you sick bastard :rage:
  15. linkhyrule5 Hero of Time

That's either a series of serial numbers, or an ASCII substitution code. I'm guessing the latter. :p.

(or something else entirely.)
  16. FalseDead The Consuming Fear

You had to ruin it for me..... :(

Now I can't Read the story.... whats the point if you know the ending?

Just leave me alone....

Wait I misread 06FQY and +79D1

Guees I will be back for the next update!
  17. Torgamous Untitled

I don't feel very spoiled.
  18. Grace Unapologetic in practice, too!

Hold on, that's a CD Key for Windows 7, I'm sure of it.
  19. *Squint* Soylent green is made of... purple?
    Ars Poetica likes this.
  20. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

Ignoring the sarcasm, that's actually a Coded message. Made with this Thing.

For those of you with the patience/OCD to actually wish to figure it out, it actually does spoiler some very Important things.

[spoiler]What? You want the Key? Keys are for wusses. Figure it out.[/spoiler]
  21. NHO Misplaced Mechmind

It's representation of block transfer equation in highly nerfed form?
  22. Gore17 Lord of Insanity

Does anyone know how to decode this bloody thing?
  23. DB_Explorer An advocate of faithful contracts.

You want us to break the enigma code?

Engima machine vs Spacebattles forums

*hands out a Vlad Tepes Award* And its not in the spacebattles favor.
  24. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

It's an ATOMIX machine. Which is even harder than an ENIGMA.

ENIGMA=3-4 stepping rotors.

ATOMIX=8 irregularly stepping rotors, moving in either directions.

I gratefully accept that award.:D
  25. Gore17 Lord of Insanity

May you burn in the pits of HELL!!

Seriously, that goes beyond the Vlad Tepes Award, into previously unknown territories.

I suggest we use the rubber hose method.