A Hero: A Puella Magi Magica Madoka/Doctor Who crossover MK2

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Dalek Ix, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

New thread, same ol' index.
    Previous thread.

Trope Page [spoiler]WARNING! MAY RUIN YOUR LIFE![/spoiler]

----------

Index

[post=6015865]Chapter one: The alien and the Magical Girl[/post]
    [post=6015940]Chapter two: The looping of Time[/post]
    [post=6021912]Chapter three: The Dalek's master plan[/post]
    [post=6373134]Chapter four: The Knight in shining armor[/post]
    Chapter five: The Shodows of the Realm

----------
  2. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

I innagurate the thread with this:

----------------------
    After partially draping the unconscious Sayaka over Sec’s arm, they set off for the blunette’s place. They stuck to the alleyways, so as to keep themselves out of sight, stopping only once they reached the park. There, Dalek Sec unceremoniously plopped Sayaka into a bench, Madoka hastily sitting her up.

Despite a rather rough journey (Sec didn’t seem to grasp the concept of “Gentle”), Sayaka was still dead to the world, only the constant moving of her chest indicated that she was still breathing.

“Shouldn’t she have woken up by now?”

“I USED A LOW POWERED NEURAL DISRUPTOR. IT SHOULD WEAR OFF IN FOUR HUNDRED RELS.”

“In how long?”

“FIVE OF YOUR MINUTES.”

“Oh.”

They stood in silence for a few moments.

“Sec-san… can I ask you something?”

Dalek Sec turned to look at her, boring into her with an unyielding mechanical gaze.

“THAT IS DE-PEN-DENT ON THE QUES-TION.” He said.

Madoka pressed her fingertips together. “I want to know… about this Walpurgisnacht.”

“WAL-PUR-GIS-NACHT?”

“Homura told me that you and she were preparing for it, but she refused to tell me what it was…”

“HO-MU-RA A-KE-MI BE-LI-EVES THAT YOU SHOULD DIS-TANCE YOUR-SELF FROM A-NY-THING RE-LA-TED TO WAL-PUR-GIS-NACHT. I AM A-MA-ZED THAT SHE MEN-TION-ED IT TO YOU AT ALL.” There was a tinny whine of something electronic inside the armor, “HO-WE-VER, I BE-LIEVE YOU ARE EN-TI-TLED TO KNOW. WAL-PUR-GIS-NACHT IS AN EX-TREME-LY PO-WER-FUL WITCH, CA-PA-BLE OF MA-NI-FES-TING WI-THOUT A BAR-RIER.”

“Oh.” A Witch…well, what else could a Magical girl be preparing for?

“How powerful?”

“IF LEFT UN-CHECK-ED, IT WILL RA-VAGE THE A-RE-A.”

Madoka fell into a shocked silence. A witch, capable of wiping her town from the map…

- I’m not a hero. I stopped being one so long ago I cannot remember what it was like…

“But…why does Homura wish to stop it? She doesn’t look like the sort of person who would do such a thing…”

“BE-CAUSE THE AR-RI-VAL OF WAL-PUR-GIS-NACHT OFT-EN TRIG-GERS AN IN-CREASE IN THE NUM-BER OF PUE-LLA MA-GI IN THE TAR-GET A-RE-A.”

“And she doesn’t want anyone to share the fate of being a Magical girl…” It made sense, the appearance of such a monster would have girls making wishes left and right in desperation.

“And you?”

“I HA-VE MY REA-SONS.”

Well… that didn’t work…

They stood there in awkward silence, trees rustling in the cool night air. Few people visited the park at this hour.

“Aren’t you worried? About fighting that thing?”

“DA-LEKS HA-VE NO CON-CEPT OF WOR-RY, TO FILL YO-UR MIND WITH WHAT MIGHT HAP-PEN IS AB-SURD. IN AD-DI-TION, I HA-VE FO-UGHT WO-RSE THI-NGS BE-FORE.”

“Really?”

“YES. IT IS HA-RD TO FI-ND A FOE DAUN-TING AF-TER SER-VING IN THE DA-LEK AR-MY FOR TWO HUN-DRED AND FIF-TY THOU-SAND YE-ARS.”

Madoka blinked.
  3. Poor Madoka, her scale of time keeps getting defied by ageless beings. :D

It was a nice snip, good character interation. (aka: dalek says something, puny human characters just can't find words to answer)
  4. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

Yeah... I'll try making Madoka bolder in the next version part of that snip.

Girl has a massive backbone, she just never gets to show it.
  5. Yeah, to be honest Sec saw something infinity worse about five minutes after seeing the Walpurgisnacht, and he wasn't intemedated. Pissed off about facing something he could do nothing but die pointless against, yes, intimidated, no.
  6. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

And that's without counting the crazy things he saw in the Time War.
  7. Carandol Custos Sophiae

How much of that time was spent in the Time War, I wonder? For the Doctor, it doesn't seem to have lasted more than a few decades, depending how badly he's lying about his age, but Sec followed a different path through the temporal battle. He might have been fighting that war for a thousand years, or a hundred thousand, especially if this isn't the first time he's been stuck in a time loop.
  8. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

Sec was pretty young when the Time War happened, around seventy five thousand years old, give or take.

I was wondering how the Daleks would cope with inmortality, and just came to the conclusion that Daleks wouldn't really care for it, by virtue of HATEKILLness overriding everything. COS Daleks, being capable of feeling things other than an intense desire to see everything burn, would be a bit more affected, but only slightly.

Madoka's gonna want to squeeze tips for Sayaka out of him. And Rory. And Homura. And The Doctor. Especially The Doctor.

BTW, here's a fun fact for you: a good chunk of casualities in the cult of Skaro were not due to hostile fire or accidents.
  9. Tabi Over a thousand stories, yet unfinished.

Doesn't intentional friendly fire still count as hostile?
  10. SotF Apocalypse How

Probably still falls under the category of friendly fire, at least officially in the same way fragging would be.
  11. Gore17 Lord of Insanity

Well, it's hard to lie about your age if you don't know it. Personally, I think his stated age is based on the age he was when he stole the TARDIS, plus how long he has been in it/her.
  12. Yay, update :D

I have nothing to say except I liked how Madoka is interacting with Sec, and I wonder just how would Sayaka react to all this when she wakes up.
  13. Atlan Solidarity

Cult of SKaro Daleks often seem to gravitate towards the Girl Genius level of SCIENCE!, without the protection of actually being Sparks :D
  14. SirLagginton El Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Presidente

Poor Madoka, not realizing that she and Sec have completely different definitions of 'A-RE-A'.
  15. So, when are we going to get a glimpse of the good Doctor again?
  16. Nice little Sec/Madoka segment. Is he gonna give her a big reveal like he did with Homura? That would be interesting to see, or at least the end of it. :D
  17. S J C GDI Commander

He was 900 in his fourth regeneration. So I would say he's 2000 2500 or so years old.
  18. Brellin Bolos are magical

Dalek time tech isn't as advanced as TimeLord stuff, its entirely possible that Sec experianced a more linear version of the LGTW.
  19. NHO Misplaced Mechmind

My main question about LGTW is "How this universe is still exist?"
    Because there were destroyed TRADISes in LGTW. And everyone remembers that exploding TARDIS exploded every star everywhere, everytime.
  20. Stormwind Yuusha Destron

TARDISes were destroyed in non-explodey manner?
  21. Zap Rowsdower Ex-Cultist Vagrant

Maybe its more to do with HOW they explode, and what parts go boom vs. what parts are just tossed around by the boom.

Also, time lock and proper shielding that Sexy probably is too old to have probably play into it.
  22. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

Or that, his luck being what it is, he got stuck in places.

A lot.

Remember how, when Homu explained what the situation was, he more-or-less knew how tackle the problem.

That, right there, is a question for the ages. It could be because The Doctor's TARDIS is an old wreck and some mechanism that prevented this got worn away. It could be because The Silence rigged it up so that it's explosion would collapse the universe. It could be that anti-TARDIS weaponry creates a bubble universe outside the thing so that it can be safely destroyed. It could be that the process of destroying a TARDIS is a lot more complicated that simply shooting it to pieces and makes the universe destroying explosion a non-issue. It could be that The Doctor's TARDIS was in maintenace when he stole it because some critical safety feature that prevented this sort of thing from happening was malfuctioning...

I have no bloody clue.
  23. Carandol Custos Sophiae

I'm not sure there could be a version of the LGTW that was anywhere near linear, but it does seem plausible that it last much longer for the Daleks. The Time Lords could brute force their way through the temporal storms, keeping their path short; the Daleks would be tossed around by every eddy, only one ship in a thousand surviving the full course- but the Daleks outnumbered the Time Lords by billions to one, and the hazards of the long path just fuelled their rage.

I don't know of any canon population figures for either side in the LGTW, but from what we see on screen, a few thousand is a reasonable upper estimate for the Time Lords, while Dalek populations could easily reach the trillions, a few billion to a planet. That the war was so close despite these numbers shows the technological superiority of the Time Lords, but that the Daleks chose to fight in the face of such superior fire power shows their sheer determination to win.
  24. As other have stated, my own theories are similar. The Daleks knew how to shut down TARDISes, also the Doctor's own is quite old and need of repair. A maintained TARDIS being destroyed might simply explode with no universe-ending.
  25. Dalek Ix Angry Mexican Dalek

It also show us something else: The Time Lords, for all their technological superiority, hadn't fought a real war in oh my god I don't know how long. The Daleks, on the other hand, had been fighting a non-stop, massive war against everything ever since they left Skaro.

It's like when The Race invaded in Word War. One side has the technological advantage, but the other has more numbers, more experienced commanders and is more culturally inclined to wage war to its utmost consequences.