1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. We now have an official FAQ. The link is in the nav bar but can also be found directly here:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/faq/

Feel free to submit questions so it can become more thorough.

Alchemical Solutions [Worm/Exalted] Thread 7: Ghastly Guardian’s Godly Gallantry Garners Gapes

Discussion in 'A BROB is for you! - For all your Roleplaying Need' started by Gromweld, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.
  1. BobTheNinja

BobTheNinja Beast of Possibility

-VOTE CHANGED-

Gromweld likes this.
  2. shouldn't the vote be over by now?

Gromweld likes this.
  3. [X] Talk to Wards/Protectorate

- [X] Vista, who was flagging under the influence of IEU, reminds you of the need to deactivate the Charm as well as informing you of the survival of the BB Wards team, and how Armsmaster regained consciousness a few hours ago. You ask Dragon to warn the recipients of your efficiency upgrade that you will be removing the effect soon and that it may exhaust them depending on how long they were using it.

- [X]You also ask Dragon to check on Amy and the other capes you rescued from Noelle, arranging psychiatric help for them while sending your bugs to scan the evacuation zone for any familiar survivors. You manage to spot most of the outcasts from Claredon, the twins teleporting in and out around them, your dad's friends Lisa and Kent, the villain Grue with his arms wrapped around a smaller girl, and Sally. How did she make it out? You see Miss Militia is trying to organize the refugees, shifting roles easily now that the immediate crisis has passed. Through the dullness of your suppressed emotions, you feel your heart bleed for these few fortunate people, knowing that everyone here has lost everything, and likely are the only surviving members of their respective families (Empathy check?).

- [X] As you finish your circuit around the center of the refugee center, it suddenly strikes you that with both your home and both of your schools gone and with your father on the run and out for your blood if he isn't already dead, everything you had that connected you to your old life is gone. The only thing you have left is a picture of you and your parents, taken at a park mere days before your mother's accident, that you stashed away in Elsewhere the last time you were home. You sit down in the corner of an unoccupied tent and reminisce of distant, happier days. If you're emotions weren't so dulled, you'd likely be sobbing like a child. (Eidolon)

Gromweld likes this.
  4. Some of these votes are getting a bit.... i donno... greedy. Grom may let us stunt in a survivor or two.... but essentially name dropping everyone we know is not likely to work.

Gromweld and NotAlwaysFanfic like this.
  5. BobTheNinja

Does this mean I have to go back and change my vote AGAIN? I don't know half the details about how Exalted game mechanics work, so I'm relying on you guys to give me good information to act on here.

Gromweld likes this.
  6. [X] .IronSun.
    [X] 2XP - Occult (Autochthon ●○○)
    Because this is the vote to reduce clarity.

Honestly, I think any potential problems with TT and Panacea will have already happened while we slept, and attempting to change that with a stunt will simply fail.

Gromweld likes this.
  7. spudman

spudman Underground

I like these revised votes....especially IronSun's, but for one thing...

-[]Dragon, who gave you the estimated tally of the dead, and how Eidolon managed to evacuate more people than you thought possible.
    Pending messages from Tattletale, and a report on an orbital path that should be Iris due to make reentry in two days.

No way to include that anywhere? Though Iris's trajectory would be awesome too. The tally of the dead will come without a stunt, for sure.

Gromweld likes this.
  8. .IronSun.

.IronSun. Deliverer of Peace Through Superior Firepower

I'm not trying to stack it with other human interaction, I'm trying to replace it instead since with our negative modifiers there's effectively know way we wouldn't botch it.

And yeah, that's obviously Compassion, don't know why I wrote empathy. If we have any points left in any applicable Virtue now would be a good time to use it and hopefully knock off a level of Clarity, since this scene is almost over and it's going to get refilled soon anyway.

Gromweld likes this.
  9. BobTheNinja

We have more pressing issues than that right now, the wellbeing of our teammates and survivors chief among them.

Gromweld likes this.
  10. Spud the Noelle recovery thing gets TT here that's all we really need.

Gromweld likes this.
  11. I don't even care anymore. Though I will cringe at the multitude of failures or botches, whatever wins at this point wins.

Gromweld likes this.
  12. Alright this is everyone who has voted for something other then the Triumverate plan at any point during this voting cycle. Sorry if you don't like being pinged but we need to shift the vote please consider updating your votes.

Gromweld likes this.
  13. Z000

Z000 Note to self: Remember to change icon once a day

Would you guy made up your mind already ???
    one guy want Emma death
    one guy wanted to talk to people
    some one else wanted to do some other thing

just combine all the vote into something that will please every one and if you cant do that then find some alternative

Gromweld likes this.
  14. RCa

RCa

Eidolon substitutes for human interaction, it's not a separate mechanic. You still make the Compassion roll, still gain Clarity on a botch. Except when interacting normally you get a bonus if you're interacting with someone you have an Intimacy for, so it's better, in this case, to interact with someone from the Protectorate/Wards. Or we can focus on Eidolon-memories of Danny, I suppose, but I don't know how that would work or even if we still have that Intimacy.

Gromweld likes this.
  15. .IronSun.

Gah, it's too late to go back and edit that Eidolon bit in anywhere, and I felt I was getting a bit to greedy with those stunts as it is.

It's way to late for my vote scheme to make any real difference anyway unless Grom restarts this trainwreck of a vote. I've been trying to throw up something similar off and on for the last two hours almost, but the server keeps trolling me.

Gromweld likes this.
  16. Iron argh you split the vote AGAIN if we don't want the Triumvirate vote to win we need to focus.

Gromweld likes this.
  17. BobTheNinja

Screw this, I'm going back to my original Jinnt-Bob fusion plan. This is my final vote, not changing it after this.

[X] Talk to Wards/Protectorate

- [X] Vista, who was flagging under the influence of IEU, reminds you of the need to deactivate the Charm. She informs you of the survival of the BB Wards team, and how Armsmaster regained consciousness a few hours ago. Miss Militia is presently trying to organize the refugees.

- [X] You ask Dragon to warn the recipients of your efficiency upgrade that you will be removing the effect soon and that it may exhaust them depending on how long they were using it. You also ask her to relay your thanks to the Triumvirate along with your hopes that you might have a chance to talk to them about the Endbringers in the future.

- [X] You check on Amy and the other capes you rescued from Noelle, arranging psychiatric help for them while sending your bugs to scan the evacuation zone for any familiar survivors. You manage to spot most of the outcasts from Claredon, the twins teleporting in and out around them, your dad's friends Lisa and Kent, the villain Grue with his arms wrapped around a smaller girl, Emma looking lost and alone, and Sally. How did she make it out?

[X] 2XP - Investigation (Swarms ●●○)
    [X] 2XP - Social (Swarms ●○○)

Gromweld likes this.
  18. spudman

spudman Underground

Maybe he'll give us more time if enough people actually ask.

Grom, more time please? :)

- [X] Vista, who was flagging under the influence of IEU, reminds you of the need to deactivate the Charm as well as informing you of the survival of the BB Wards team, and how Armsmaster regained consciousness a few hours ago. You ask Dragon to warn the recipients of your efficiency upgrade that you will be removing the effect soon and that it may exhaust them depending on how long they were using it.

- [X]You also ask Dragon to check on Amy and the other capes you rescued from Noelle, arranging psychiatric help for them while sending your bugs to scan the evacuation zone for any familiar survivors. You manage to spot most of the outcasts from Claredon, the twins teleporting in and out around them, your dad's friends Lisa and Kent, the villain Grue with his arms wrapped around a smaller girl, and Sally. How did she make it out? You see Miss Militia is trying to organize the refugees, shifting roles easily now that the immediate crisis has passed. Through the dullness of your suppressed emotions, you feel your heart bleed for these few fortunate people, knowing that everyone here has lost everything, and likely are the only surviving members of their respective families (Empathy check?).

- [X] As you finish your circuit around the center of the refugee center, it suddenly strikes you that with both your home and both of your schools gone and with your father on the run and out for your blood if he isn't already dead, everything you had that connected you to your old life is gone. The only thing you have left is a picture of you and your parents, taken at a park mere days before your mother's accident, that you stashed away in Elsewhere the last time you were home. You sit down in the corner of an unoccupied tent and reminisce of distant, happier days. If you're emotions weren't so dulled, you'd likely be sobbing like a child. (Eidolon)

Gromweld likes this.
  19. First off, that old vote has already been overwritten. Secondly, Triumvirate was leading with thirty votes at the last count.

Gromweld likes this.
  20. BobTheNinja

So this means we SHOULDN'T be using Eidolon right now, correct? Just interact with the Wards/Protectorate and reduce Clarity that way?

Gromweld likes this.
  21. .IronSun.

Christ Bob, make your damn mind up. At least my Eidolon approach instead of human interaction keeps us from torpedoing an intimacy if we botch it, so it's not a complete loss. My plan tries to reduce Clarity while taking care of our associates and avoiding alienating them.

Gromweld likes this.
  22. BobTheNinja

I'm not willing to botch a Compassion roll and risk gaining MORE Clarity, especially since it sounds like we burned up most of our Virtues from the Behemoth fight anyway. Just interacting with our friends sounds like it will suffice for now, so let's focus on that. Besides, I think our friends will understand that we're in a bad place mentally right now.

Gromweld likes this.
  23. spudman

spudman Underground

Right now it's more important that votes are converted from the Triumvirate main action to the Wards/Protectorate. The stunts will come with that...

I really do hope Grom will extend the vote. It gives people with only certain times to check things out and have more time to vote (during their days) more than a single narrow window that various schedules might allow to read/make a decision.

I FUCKING LOVE IronSun's third stunt, though. That bit of self-reflection and saving that photo could be Taylor's and Danny's salvation down the road.

Gromweld likes this.
  24. BobTheNinja

Honestly, I'm kinda pissed that IronSun decided to put this forward now just when I was finally gaining some momentum on my own edited vote plan. This is why I HATE these late voting period changes. It splits the votes and makes things a goddamn mess to deal with.

Gromweld likes this.
  25. kestrel404

kestrel404 Player of Games

Updating vote, in case it helps:

- [X] Vista, who was flagging under the influence of IEU, reminds you of the need to deactivate the Charm. She informs you of the survival of the BB Wards team, and how Armsmaster regained consciousness a few hours ago. Miss Militia is presently trying to organize the refugees.

- [X] You ask Dragon to warn the recipients of your efficiency upgrade that you will be removing the effect soon and that it may exhaust them depending on how long they were using it. You also ask her to relay your thanks to the Triumvirate along with your hopes that you might have a chance to talk to them about the Endbringers in the future.

- [X] You check on Amy and the other capes you rescued from Noelle, arranging psychiatric help for them while sending your bugs to scan the evacuation zone for any familiar survivors. You manage to spot most of the outcasts from Claredon, the twins teleporting in and out around them, your dad's friends Lisa and Kent, the villain Grue with his arms wrapped around a smaller girl, Emma looking lost and alone, and Sally. How did she make it out?

Gromweld likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.