1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Isil`Zha has been promoted to full Administrator.

[Oppression Intensifies]

3. Are you good at managing/creating Xenforo styles? Do you want to work on making SB's custom style even betterer? If so, PM The Observer!

Battle Fantasia Project #14

Discussion in 'The Index' started by Thy-Robocop, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Thy-Robocop Fairy Chess Player

Welcome to Battle Fantasia, a Magical Girl round robin megacrossover.

The world changed in 2007 when suicidal teenager Akiko Yamaguchi revealed to the world the existance of magical girls. Now the protagonists of Sailor Moon, Lyrical Nanoha, Sailor Nothing and many more are in for the ride of their lives.

Read the published story!

Follow us on our new FF.Net account!

Read the ongoing Nagasaki Heroes storyline!

Re-read Gamlain's "that time" from the start!

Participate in the wiki!

Browse through the TVtropes page!

Or have an archive binge in the old threads:
    Thread 13
    Thread 12
    Thread 11
    Thread 10
    Thread 9
    Thread 8
    Thread 7
    Thread 6
    Thread 5
    Thread 4
    Thread 3
    Thread 2
    Thread 1

Semi-canon soundtrack (from thread 13):

Akiko First scene theme- "Closer to the Truth" Cryoshell
    Akiko Prequel theme- "Stand in the rain" Superchick
    Akiko Powerup theme- "Unbreakable" Fireflight
    Nightmare Factory main theme- "Main Theme" Alice: Madness Returns OST
    Nightmare Factory Combat theme- "Vorpal Blade" Alice: Madness Returns OST
    MGA Theme 1- "Anthem" Superchick
    MGA Theme 2- "Citizen/Soldier" 3 Doors Down
    MGA Battle theme 1- "Gravity Hurts" Cryoshell

Omake Soundtrack:
    MLA Theme- "I Don't Do Boys" Elektra :p

IRC discussion channel is #Fantasia on irc.rizon.net

To get to it: Open up a chat client (I recommend mibbit), enter the rizon.net server (irc.rizon.net), and type in /join #Fantasia. Or just click here
    EVA-Saiyajin likes this.
  2. Thy-Robocop Fairy Chess Player

So, with the start of the new project, I thought it might be best to open up a new thread for discussing Battle Fantasia related ideas, whether related to the AngryDesu snippets continuity (which my Nagasaki Heroes are based on), or just magical girl megacrossover in general. Feel free to discuss these in here!
  3. sdarian Watching The World Burn

So, I'm hoping that an actual story will be posted sometime? I read that one that Darth Artemis wrote, which ended because of complaints or something. Then a new place was set up with the bio saying they were moving the stories there within the week, and half a year later nothing was ever posted.
  4. Actually, Darth was the editor and poster, and the complaints, put short, was about certain individuals throwing their weight around to get their own way, and that is all that shall be said. The writing was in large part a compilation of effort.

Anyway, Thy-Robocop seems to be handleing one side of the Arc for NaNoWriMo. If that's successful, we'll have literally half of the story preped and ready to go, and we can hopefully get the other side done in short order.

As to the Official Account, who set that up? I still want to post the "Fears of Akiko Yamaguchi" snips there, get some word out that the project is still warm, but I can't unless I have to password.
  5. chriswriter90 Registered

Hey Robocop, why did you start a new thread instead of continuing the old one? The page limit has been increased from 20 to 200 since the forums were upgraded.
  6. I'm pretty sure it was a move to regain interest. Harder to get interested in an old thread in the middle of discussions. A new thread makes a clean slate.

That said, I'm pretty sure the limit has been removed entirely.
  7. ‘Why…?’

The redheaded, punkish Magical Girl panted heavily, laying on the ground in pure agony. ‘This can’t be happening…,’ was the thought that ran through her mind. The flames burned around her as the warehouse began its slow collapse. ‘I… can’t lose like this… I can’t… I can’t lose.’ Berserk attempted to lift herself up from the ground, desperately trying to get back on her feet. The magical light shards were embedded too deeply. Her body refused to respond to her will anymore as the Factory’s enhancements were being disrupted.

‘Damn those bitches… damn all of you bastards…’

---

A loud sigh came from the orphanage director over the young girl standing in front of him. He was a bureaucrat whose career had stalled in the ‘child care’ system and looked it with balding hair and a pudgy face. If one didn’t know him at all, they would think he was a pedophile or some kind of pervert. Maybe it was his appearance that had prevented his advancement; it wasn’t the first time something like this had happened to others.

His squinty eyes stared back at a hazel-eyed girl with black hair in a red bow. Appearing nine years of age and dressed in the orphanage uniform of red dress and Mary Jane’s, she stared back without any remorse or regret in her eyes. Indignation radiated across her features as if she had been justified in her actions. Hazel eyes looked into his own without fear.

Those eyes only broke away momentarily to glance at the paper, “Amagi… you have come back here after another altercation with one of the girls,” another momentarily glance to confirm things, “It was with Shinseki. What you did was improper, no matter what Shinseki may have said to offend you.” Amagi muttered something under her breath that the Director had caught, “It is also rude to not speak properly with your superiors. What did you say to me?”

Amagi, whose eyes had not wavered, said to the man, “She said that I don’t have a family…” Her tone was seething with anger and resentment ready to burst at any moment. The Director had seen this many times in his tenure. Those who had lost their parents were mocked by those who had been abandoned by their families, their clans into the system. It was a way for those who had been left there by their parents to cope with their sense of abandonment. From the reports, Shinseki believed that her parents would eventually come back for her.

This caused her and the group she had formed to cause all kinds of trouble for the girls who were completely cut off by the deaths of their parents. It was an unfortunate fact of life in a burdened system like theirs. They couldn’t care for all of the children at once after all, “Of course you have parents. Everyone does in some form.” Everyone came from somewhere, no matter if they were an orphan or not.

The young girl said nothing more, so the Director felt free to deal with the problem. It was necessary to maintain discipline. “But this is not acceptable. You and Shinseki will not be eating dinner tonight. The matrons will be made aware of this. You are dismissed.” The hazel-eyed girl said nothing, only bowing to the Director and leaving the office.

-------

I have been writing. It's just people don't comment all that often.
  8. [IMG]

Seriously, I wanna know where you're going with this.
  9. Me too.

And my story too...I ain't finished with the Gaza raid, but I need info on what units are inside a Nightmare Factory branch.

I want something that will terrify both Hamas and IDF watchers on the scene and get to without any prior communication, cooperate with each other and shoot the hell out of the...THING that will try to kill Hoji, Hamma and Abdul.

P.S.

I thought the date had been changed to 2007?
  10. Thy-Robocop Fairy Chess Player

Right, about that...I'm not entirely sure about it, but I strongly suspect that LurkingGoblin made it. I would suggest going to him to get the password, if it weren't for the fact that he hasn't showed up in the forums since last February, according to the what his profile says. I think Battle mentioned that he has the password, but I'll have to wait until he shows up to confirm that...and last I heard of him, he said that hurricane Sandy is paying a visit close to where he lives, so it may be a while before he gets back to the thread.

And of course, I may be completely mistaken, so could the owner of this account please get in touch with me and K9 via PM to give us the password?

If we get no answer after Battle gets back in touch with us, then I guess we'll have to make a new account, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

In other news, T-4 days to the start of NaNoWriMo...
  11. That sounds resonable.

Huzzah! Now where's my stock of popcorn bags?

Say.... Have you given any thought to my suggestions for the Magi Sororitas and Hounds of God?

No, I don't expect associated individuals or explicite refferences or their biographies listed, and I don't really mind either way. Just curious.
  12. Thy-Robocop Fairy Chess Player

Yes I have. And yes, I would definitely like to use them in some stories, and have Yuko mention them when talking about her past adventures. But it would probably have to wait until I finish my NaNoWriMo project, and/or start thinking about Arc 2.

I've posted Yuko's profile in the previous thread a while ago, so if you want to take a stab at writing a scene with her interacting with either/both members of the two groups, either pre- or post-jump, then go for it. If you need any more information, just send me a PM, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
  13. ...AngryDesu? You there? Umm...where did you put the page that describes all about the personnel of the Nightmare Factory?

Also...what's a NANOWRIMO?
  14. NaNoWriMo means National Novel Writing Month. The idea is to write a 50,000 word novel in a single month. November to be exact.
  15. ...Aiyaaah.

I can't write that much, even with my own fanfic story, in a month, what with getting easily distracted.
  16. Thy-Robocop Fairy Chess Player

This might come in handy: http://bfp.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Factory. Also, Filraen was working on an organization chart for the NF, which might help out. But as far as I know, we don't have any real "standard" description for what NF monsters look like (I'm going for "spidery-like" creatures for the mooks). It doesn't matter too much what they really look like, however, because their modus operandi is basically to generate illusions that target the fears of the victim, ranging from rather general fears to more specific ones, depending on whether there is someone overseeing them to direct the illusions, such as a Manager, Factory Overseer (converted humans) or a Monster of the Week class monster.

In short, to answer your previous question, make the thing that attacks Hoji and co look like the thing that they fear the most, and perhaps have the monsters attacking the military forces be based on the soldiers individual or collective fears.

And NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. It's a challenge where one writes a novel of at least 50000 words within the month of November.
    EVA-Saiyajin likes this.
  17. Filraen Big Damn Lurker

18. Rhaka the Red Temping as IL-Series

I've taken a backseat on doing BFP because of an attempt to write more of my own stories (which I put aside back then), but I'll take the opportunity to write something in November as well (inshallah).
  19. shanejayell Rebel without a Pause

This has fourteen some threads of discussion....

Eeep.
  20. Thy-Robocop Fairy Chess Player

21. crystalwatcher Lost my Trans-Dimensional warship

Curious:

I was going to start writing out a original story some time down the line with the general magical girl idea... any chances I can pull the main character into this at all? Main reason I'm asking is because creations of mine tend to trend onto the side of op-ed... I've been working on fixing that but I got along way to go, and was hoping that joining in on things like this could help me trunge it back a little to mroe reasonable power levels.
  22. Thy-Robocop Fairy Chess Player

Sure thing! We're always welcoming new blood into the project, especially considering how long we haven't had any activity in here until recently! If you want to show us your characters and bounce around stories ideas with us, feel free to use the thread for that purpose, or if you want a little more privacy, you can PM me or join those of us who are still (relatively) active in the chat that I've linked at the start of the thread. I try to be around there from 10pm to midnight every day (that would be UK time, so check the timezones), and the others are usually around at that time, so we can have a chat then!

And speaking of new blood... was anyone aware of this one-shot story? I only just discovered it today, but apparently, it's been around for almost more than a month. Anyway, check it out, because it's really good!

As for me, I'm at 12622 words on the project, and close to wrapping up chapter 2, which will be posted possibly at the end of the week. And speaking of the chapter... is there anyone in here that knows the Sailor Nothing canon well? I'd like to get a few facts straight before I venture into writing them again for the next chapter...
  23. crystalwatcher Lost my Trans-Dimensional warship

Yay, I'll write this up and leave it here. Bear with me since I don't know if there's anything more specific I need to put up.

Thy-Robocop likes this.
  24. ...woah. When did that get posted?

Well...Desu, Robo, your choice.

Make that canon or not? Will it mess with your plans?
  25. crystalwatcher Lost my Trans-Dimensional warship

That's the story that had me wanting to introduce my character ^^;