Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Spartan303, May 12, 2008.

1. Spartan303 In Captain America We Trust!

Hey Guys I just found this story quite by accident on Fanfiction.net and I just cant stop reading it. If anyone of you Command and Conqure fans have read the tragedy that was the Tiberium wars Novel then you'll agree with the Author's assesments. So I feel the need to post a link to this superb fic so that you all may enjoy it as I am.:)

Enjoy.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3654039/1/Tiberium_Wars
  2. I'm a big fan of the authors FF8 fanfiction, its in a league of its own. Definetly one of the better novelizations of that fandom at ff.net.
  3. Spartan303 In Captain America We Trust!

I look foreward to reading those as well since I loved Final Fantasy 8.
  4. Chuut-Riit Overshadowed by Awesome

Thanks for posting. This is excellent fare. :)
  5. Forgetful Nuka Chemist

Excellently written.
    Reads just like a good Sci-Fi military novel, say Halo, for reference.
  6. Cpl_Facehugger Evolution Complete

Bump so I can find it tommorow. :p
  7. Forgetful Nuka Chemist

Facehugger! Just SAVE the AWESOME thing so you can get it tomorrow.
  8. Warringer SPAAAAAACE!

Exactly, bookmark it!
  9. Tai Falkenburg He is Risen

Somewhat put off by the novel bashing though (not that the novel dosn't deserve it. But it isn't Kevin J. Anderson level of bad.) I meet Peptuck while editing Wikipedia, and we had a discussion over the continuity issues (which arn't that many).

Despite this, it is a good fanfic, and its nice to see Peptuck put his energies into something creative.

Plus, it has references to Red Alert. :)
  10. Cpl_Facehugger Evolution Complete

You saw what it did to the Scrin, right?
  11. Satori Buffleheaded

I'm sure the novelization is bad, but having read the Baldur's Gate novelization, I maintain that you C&C fans have nothing to complain about.
  12. Tai Falkenburg He is Risen

Ok, he made them invincible and incorrectly identified a tiberium mutant as one.

This is small peanuts compared to what Anderson/Brian Herbert did to Dune.
  13. Spartan303 In Captain America We Trust!

Yeah I hated how the Scrin were suddenly immune to Railguns and any other form of projectile weapons.
  14. beale947 CLASSIFIED: <DELTA GREEN EYES ONLY>

The novel is absolute shit. I regret paying the £5.99 for it.
  15. Forgetful Nuka Chemist

16. jpdt19 Tortage

Very good !
  17. PsyckoSama Ia! Ia! Kamina fthagn!

As this is not a author fic post... lets make it a recommended C&C fanfic thread... :p

Come on, ladies... post 'em!
  18. Spartan303 In Captain America We Trust!

Loved the part where it states how NOD absolutely hates railguns.:p
  19. Why does NOD hate railguns but love laser weaponry ?
  20. Forgetful Nuka Chemist

Lasers can serve as a great distraction-
  21. Spartan303 In Captain America We Trust!

Railguns seem to be GDI's most powerful conventional weapon. So it stands to reason why NOD would hate to be on the receiving end of them.
  22. jpdt19 Tortage

Hmmm, feel sorry for that sergeant, even if he is NOD. Having your leg nearly severed by a railgun round can't be too pleasant!
  23. Tai Falkenburg He is Risen

It has to do more with the combat doctrines of GDI and NOD. Nod has always perferred the exotic and esoteric technologies, as well as weapons that increased their symbolic image. Lasers (notably, the Obelisk of Light) are one of the key examples. Also, Nod tends to minitarize energy weapons, where as GDI just focuses on practable, conventional weapons and just update their orbital energy weapons.
  24. Spartan303 In Captain America We Trust!

25. jpdt19 Tortage

It's damn good!!!!