1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/
  3. We are having a contest for a new Spacebattles Logo. Come check out the thread for more info. Prizes may be involved.

Conquest Quest [Exalted/???]

Discussion in 'A BROB is for you! - For all your Roleplaying Need' started by Sojiko, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.
  1. Sojiko

Sojiko Smiling Witch

You are an Exaltation, forged by the Highest of Holies, the Unconquered Sun, the ultimate form of power designed to elevate mortal humans to heights that allow them to challenge the world-creating titans head on and win. Through you does the Most High chose those that would rule and protect Creation in His stead
    You are very proud of your job. Which is why you are so frustrated with your inability to do anything meaningful due to all of Creation's humans having come down with a bad case of death. With a side order of Oblivion, too. Not a single human soul left anywhere in Creation, let alone a living human soul that you could bond with. Nothing in Yu-Shan or either, and you've even checked all of the Primordial world-jouten, you were that desperate.
    Creation has truly fallen and all of its defenders have been slain, some protector you are. Of course, this failure on your part has nothing to do with how you were corrupted, just a little teeny bit. Nope.

How were you corrupted :
    [ ] By the Neverborn's spite against their victors (standard difficulty)
    [ ] By the Yozi's wrath against their jailors (higher difficulty)
    [ ] By the Neverborn's hope for peace (insane difficulty)

The Lunar Exaltation mated to you has just informed you that it's going to try exalting animals now. Wow, must be even more desperate than you. Then again ... as you peer at the Well of Udr and ponder the possibility of finding suitable humans somewhere in there, you might be about to attempt something even worse.
    Just have to find someone to bond to in there, and then convinced them to come back here and restablish human dominion over Creation. Shouldn't be too hard, you do have an old memory of playing a turn in the Games of Divinities to motivate them, and without any significant opposition over there it'll be a snap to achieve world domination and use its resources toward your goal.
    Yes, nothing could go wrong with that plan. A Sidereal exaltation could not have come up with something more foolproof!

Assured that your course of action is the best one (you certainly don't want to venture into Pure Chaos in the hope of finding something suitable) you delve into the Well and use your perfect hero-seeking senses to find a heroic soul that fits your favored profile.

You favor the sort of hero who:
    [ ] solve their problems with superior force
    [ ] have the unwavering faith to withstand any hardship and inspire others
    [ ] who use their intellect to understand their problems and create the ad hoc solution
    [ ] who make sure their problems can never catch them
    [ ] use people to make problems disappear, uniting, guiding or dividing them as needed

YES! Over there, you found something very appealing. Hmmm, let's see, this universe is very different from Creation. You are going to be an alien to the rules of this world, thankfully the indomitable power of the Unconquered Sun (never mind the tampering by amateurs) shines through and allows you to continue working by your rules. Still, even imposing your own rules on yourself, it's going to interact with the rest of the world and this is going to be :
    [ ] Helpful (OCPs are going to favor you greatly, expect Shaping defense to be overpowered for example)
    [ ] Problematic (despite being the only exalt, the locals are going to cause enough OCPs to keep things difficult)
    [ ] Neither (reasonable interpretations that lets everything work the way it should)
    [ ] Both (OCPs everywhere!)

As you zip toward your target, you take a quick look at this new world you have reached. you see :
    [ ] Elementalist ninjas (easy)
    [ ] Hunters of rare and exotic things (standard)
    [ ] A galactic civilisation built on the ruins of an ancient race, unaware or the trap it represents (hard)
    [ ] Dragons presiding over internation corporations and mages working as wage-slaves (standard)
    [ ] Mutants and avengers (standard)
    [ ] Parahumans battling the endbringers (hard)

2. Sojiko

Sojiko Smiling Witch

Story Only Thread

Interludes are canon, but not necessary to read in order to follow the main story. They include side scenes, info dumps, and long list of possible actions and their pros and cons to help players choose their next step.
    1. The Before Time
    2. Chosen
    3. Reboot
    4. I Know Kung Fu
    5. Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting
    6. Meeting the Family
    7. Bravely Running Away
    8. Discussion
    9. Home Sweet Home
    10. Playing Hooky, Interlude: Training Decisions (options listing)
    11. Training Hack, Interlude: Futures (options listing), Preferences (humor)
    12. Confession
    13. A Night on the Town part 1
    14. A Night on the Town part 2, Interlude Masks behind Masks (options listing)
    15. A Night on the Town part 3
    16. Bloody Hands
    17. Communication
    Not fixed in the chronology
    Continued in thread 2 and thread 3 and thread 4 and thread 5 and thread 6 and thread 7 and thread 8 and thread 9. The latest thread has the up to date index with all the chapters and omake. There is also a Story Only Thread.

3. Sojiko

Sojiko Smiling Witch

Let's see if you can guess all the available worlds. Here's a hint :
    2 mangas, 2 games, 2 super hero settings

Also, character sheet:

Name: Taylor Hebert
    Aliases: Firefly, Sunset_Firefly
    Exaltation: Solar
    Caste: Twilight
    Anima Holographic User Interface: Zeph & Reya

Attributes:
    Strength D- / Dexterity C+ / Stamina D
    Charisma B+ / Manipulation E- / Appearance B-
    Perception C+ / Intelligence B / Wits B

Abilities:
    Martial Arts B+ (Fighting Unarmed +), Integrity B, Presence B+, Resistance D-, Survival A, Craft C- (Wood, Water), Investigation E+, Lore C+, Medicine F+, Occult F+, Athletics C+ (Jumping +), Awareness D+, Larceny B-, Bureaucracy B-, Linguistics D-, Socialize C+ (Lying +)

Charms:
    Fists of Iron Technique
    Sledgehammer Fist Punch
    Ox-Stunning Blow
    Friendship With Animals Approach (new)
    Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit
    Element-Resisting Prana
    Steadfast Elemental Emperor Stance
    2nd Investigation Excellency (new)
    1st Larceny Excellency
    Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise
    Sagacious Reading of Intent
    Poetic-Expression Style
    Taboo Inflicting Diatribe

Knacks:
    Broodmother Awareness Methodology
    Hive Overseer Authority
    Eyes of the Swarm
    Thousands Move As One Stance
    Loyal Puppet Technique

Essence 3

Virtues:
    Valor 4, Conviction 1, Compassion 3, Temperance 2
    Willpower 7

Mote pool: mostly full

Backgrounds:
    Past Life SS - Reya & Zeph
    Artifact E - Silk costume

Intimacies:
    Superheroing (Dream)
    Dad (Love)
    Terrible Trio (fear)
    Reya (Respectful Pity)

Experience: 18

4. [X] By the Yozi's wrath against their jailors (higher difficulty)
    [X] who make sure their problems can never catch them

[X] Neither (reasonable interpretations that lets everything work the way it should)
    [ ] Elementalist ninjas (easy) Naruto
    [ ] Hunters of rare and exotic things (standard)
    [ ] A galactic civilisation built on the ruins of an ancient race, unaware or the trap it represents (hard) Mass effect
    [ ] Dragons presiding over internation corporations and mages working as wage-slaves (standard) Shadowrun
    [ ] Mutants and avengers (standard) marvel , most likely cinematic.
    [ ] Parahumans battling the endbringers (hard)Worm

[X] Dragons presiding over internation corporations and mages working as wage-slaves (standard)

5. [x] By the Neverborn's hope for peace (insane difficulty)
    [x] use people to make problems disappear, uniting, guiding or dividing them as needed
    [x] Neither
    [ ] Parahumans battling the endbringers (hard)

6. Quantumboost

Quantumboost Now with 50% more dots in Correspondence

[X] By the Yozi's wrath against their jailors (higher difficulty)
    You favor the sort of hero who:
    [X] who use their intellect to understand their problems and create the ad hoc solution
    [X] Neither
    [X] Dragons presiding over internation corporations and mages working as wage-slaves (standard)

EXALTED/SHADOWRUN YES
    FUCK YES

7. Sojiko

Sojiko Smiling Witch

ding ding ding ding ding
    This is all correct.

Marvel will indeed be the movie continuity. A few notes about that :
    • the first Hulk movie has been retconned out of existence and therefore irrelevant
    • X-Men Origins: Wolverine => all of my hate
    • Fantastic Four movies are out, not because I dislike them but because Reed Richard Is Useless is highly toxic to any intelligent roleplaying

8. Sojiko

Sojiko Smiling Witch

As a side note I have role playing systems (occasionally that I have entirely designed or significantly modified) for every universe in this list, except Mass Effect. And I have from a couple months to several of experience using those system. I will be using a simplified fusion of Exalted and the system of the host world.

And a clarification on the system interaction. Helpful means things like Shaping definition as "anything that doesn't obey the rules of Creation" will being abused to make Shaping defense overpowered, and your character having a very significant amount of the local powers on top of the exaltation.
    Problematic is going to make mote respiration either very difficult or impossible, and you can probably forget Sorcery.

9. Walker Of The Yellow Path

Walker Of The Yellow Path This is going to hurt

[X] By the Yozi's wrath against their jailors (higher difficulty)
    [X] have the unwavering faith to withstand any hardship and inspire others
    [X] Neither (reasonable interpretations that lets everything work the way it should)
    [X] Hunters of rare and exotic things (standard)

10. Menwearpink

Menwearpink King of Posters.

[X] Neverborn's hope for piece INSANITY DIFFICULTY

[X] Superior Force/aka SB
    [X] BOTH! OCPS EVERYWHERE

Naruto is hard but Mass Effect is easy?... really?

Reapers are ezee-mode.

[X] Worm, I don't know it but I'd like to kick that Scion's ass, I've heard he's bullshittly overpowered.

11. kinglugia

kinglugia Zzz

[X] By the Neverborn's spite against their victors (standard difficulty)

[X] Both (OCPs everywhere!) Because I want Kubo train

As you zip toward your target, you take a quick look at this new world you have reached. you see :
    [X] Dragons presiding over international corporations and mages working as wage-slaves (standard)
    Hmm, sounds fun

12. Sojiko

Sojiko Smiling Witch

Wow, I see that Infernals are popular (I'm assuming that the first two choices are abvious enough that no one need any clarification) ...
    I feel obligated to point out that when I mentioned that they'd be higher difficulty, I meant it. Infernals are not meant to rule, lead others, or take control of organizations (like governments or the illuminati), they are meant to BE. Lack of proper Bureaucracy or War Charms may seriously cripple your ability to achieve the stated goals of the Quest. Of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't chose this option, just be aware that it really is Hard Mode.

Speaking of Infernals, since Isidoros was one of the Reclamation Yozis, his Charm set is open. Robert Vance (one of the writers for Exalted) has created a Charm set for him which I'm going to consider canon for this Quest. Since his thematic can be summarized as "I don't care, I'm a black hole", it is unlikely to be very useful to your objectives, but I'm not expecting that to stop you ...

Zeitgeist, Salbazier, Arcman and 2 others like this.
  13. [X] By the Neverborn's spite against their victors (standard difficulty)
    [X] Mutants and avengers (standard)

Let's drag the world into oblivion, that's always fun.
    Infernals are nice thematically, but unless we're allowed to make our own war and bureaucracy charms it's not the greatest idea.

[ ] Hunters of rare and exotic things (standard) - Tokiro?

14. ZiPeppe

ZiPeppe Friendly mushroom! Mushy giant Friend!

☑ By the Neverborn's spite against their victors (standard difficulty)
    ☑ solve their problems with superior force.
    ☑ Neither (reasonable interpretations that lets everything work the way it should)

☑ Parahumans battling the endbringers (hard)

Initially I wanted to vote for the "neverborn hope for peace" but I'm already voting for hard difficulty, no need to make it insane + hard difficulty.

15. Sojiko

Sojiko Smiling Witch

It's the opposite.

... was that sarcasm?

16. Sojiko

Sojiko Smiling Witch

It's funny you'd choose this specific set of options. This Quest started as a fanfic with those exact settings. This would give me the chance to use those things I had already planned.

Winged One likes this.
  17. [X] By the Yozi's wrath against their jailors (higher difficulty)
    [X] solve their problems with superior force

We should totally take isidoros charms.

18. ZiPeppe

It's the opposite.

... was that sarcasm?[/quote]

A curiosity, if I am to change my vote and chose "☑ By the Neverborn's hope for peace (insane difficulty)", is that difficulty level going to be added to the difficulty of the setting (insane + hard difficulty)?

19. Sojiko

Sojiko Smiling Witch

Pretty much, yeah.

That difficulty is Insanity because Abyssals are really not good at the "rule the world of the leaving and lead them to a better tomorrow!" deal. If you pick a setting where things are going to be hard and on top of that take a character that tends to kill everything around him, the problems tend to compound.

However in this specific situation (Worm), Abyssals are not hit as hard as Solars by the problems. It's the one setting where being an omnicidal monster is actually a good way to improve the situation for everyone. Similarly Infernals have an usual trait which give them a slight edge in the Worm setting. Not that it makes this setting easier than the standard standard difficulty ones, but it helps. And Solars still have an easier time there, since they can just use a single Charm and become the head of the Protectorate (lol, Solar Bureaucracy, y u so hax?).

Non Solars benefit from no such advantage in the Mass Effect universe, so choosing that setting along with an Abyssal will lead to FUN

On a similar note, the Shadowrun setting is quite a bit harder on Infernals and Abyssals than it is on Solars. The "standard" difficulty has a lot to do with the way Solar Bureaucracy interacts with Megacorporations.

20. Xelloss33

Xelloss33 Mad Doctor

[X] By the Neverborn's spite against their victors (standard difficulty)
    [X] who use their intellect to understand their problems and create the ad hoc solution ...
    Not sure about OCP.
    I can't make up my mind between Mass Effect, Shadowrun and Worm. ME is a really fun universe spoiled by a terrible rushed ending, and I would really like to see what a Twilight could do there (Shepard is an obvious Zenith - at least the paragon version - let's see something else !). Shadowrun is a really cool setting, and I don't remember having seen a lot of SR/Exalted crossovers. Worms, well, I heard lots of good thing about it, and I guess I'm interested.

21. On the other side we got SWLIHN charms and computers that can interact. And subverting a Red samurai program or even Deus to our side would be interesting. And well who needs charms if you got the right excellency.
    And are you allowing the Charms that Earth Scorpion wrote?

22. Sojiko

Sojiko Smiling Witch

I wasn't going to mention it, but AIs are Material Intelligence, yes. Note that not all autonomous programs are at that level, so those Charms have a limited applicability
    Many of them, yes, but I have to judge on a case by case basis.

It just took me 32 minutes to edit a single post. I'll come back later when the lag isn't quite so bad.

23. pheonix89

pheonix89 Lurker

[x] By the Yozi's wrath against their jailors (higher difficulty)
    [x] use people to make problems disappear, uniting, guiding or dividing them as needed
    [x] Neither (reasonable interpretations that lets everything work the way it should)
    [x] Parahumans battling the endbringers (hard)

Because fuck you, Simurgh!

24. ZiPeppe

Not going to change then :p.

By the way, another question: What is the difference between normal Abyssal (spite) and the "peace" one? Charms? Resonance? How the shard will affect the character or who it's going to attach itself to?

25. Sojiko

Sojiko Smiling Witch

The Neverborn's spite against those who had killed them drove them to cast the Great Curse, which corrupted the Solars (and the other exalts to a lesser extent).

Then, after enduring the horrible pain of being forever dying yet never dead for millenniums, they started looking for a way out (after being woken up by the Black Nadir Idiots). The final plan to bring them the peace of Oblivion was to corrupt Solar Exaltations into Abyssal ones and let them slay Creation, their final Fetters preventing them from fading away for good.

Hope that clears up the distinction between those two choices.

Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.