1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.

Disney buys Lucas Film and Confirms Episode 7 for 2015

Discussion in 'Space Battles' started by bullethead, Oct 30, 2012.

1. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I'm just hoping this doesn't totally ruin the franchise.
  2. Dragoon On to Berlin!

You guys are implying that Star Wars had any integrity left for it to lose.

Besides, Disney didn't cock up Marvel too badly. I'll wait and see.
    Minohtar, Magus Zanin and Stargazer like this.
  3. DaftTechno Geek trapped working a manual labor job.

4. Unintended Consequences "uosɹǝpuǝɥ uɐɯ pןo" ןɐǝɹ ǝɥʇ ɯ,ı

I'm a Disney Shareholder. I'm listening to the conference call. I am confirming this is true, or an elaborate hoax perpetuated by Disney itself.
  5. Karamozov /popcorn

Lucas has already done his damnedest to try that. That's why I'm optimistic: this might be the direction the franchise needs to stop sucking.
  6. Necron_Lord Void-Dragon

They're basically going to lobotomize an already-crippled child.
  7. Widowmaker Most Exalted High Priestess of Genderbending

You did this. :mad:
    iamyourdad, Tylonius, Arcman and 4 others like this.
  8. Robert Walper Singularity Advocate

Holy shit, there's going to be an episode seven? Color me very interested!
  9. DarkOZ Warsie

This does explain why disney was going to build a star wars themed section in disneyland paris
  10. Caboose Super Ethical Fun Time!

Here's hoping they do something established from the EU, and don't just make shit up.

Though, one just thing is the CGI is going to be amazaballz.
  11. Sven Pure handsome

This is a good thing.
    Dusel likes this.
  12. ttestagr Joy

Holy fucking shit.

Joy to the world! Lucas no longer has any say in canon anymore!
  13. Widowmaker Most Exalted High Priestess of Genderbending

And they were doing so well. Now...

Necron_Lord and Sum Sine Regno like this.
  14. Dragoon On to Berlin!

I really need that "WE'RE DOOMED" picture.
  15. Good point :p
  16. Stargazer The Force of Darkness and Chaos

Exactly. Disney took control of Marvel, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been doing really well. Of course this could end badly, but could also be the breath of fresh air the Star Wars franchise needs.
  17. [IMG]
    EDIT: Though considering how well Marvel's been doing with its movie universe, I'm not going jump on that train yet.

Yet being the key word. :p
    Reece, Necron_Lord and moynal like this.
  18. Cody Fett Transitional Phrase Nut

. . . The frak? :confused:

This is some sort of joke, right? A really elaborate joke. George Lucas does this sort of thing all the time, right? . . . Frak it. The world stopped making sense a long time ago. If Lucasfilm and Disney want to engage in what was previously considered a farce for 4.04 billion USD, who are we to stop them? Who knows, maybe something good will come from all this.
  19. Luke Danger That would be so cool if it wasn't going to hurt

Will this suffice?

[IMG]
  20. Widowmaker Most Exalted High Priestess of Genderbending

[IMG]

Here!
  21. DarkOZ Warsie

I thought that Walt was content with cuban children! WHY ARE THEY FEEDING HIM STAR WARS!

22. Dragoon On to Berlin!

Ah, yes, thank you.
    The Star Wars franchise has continued to make money hand over fist, as far as I know. It's not exactly a failing intellectual property.
  23. white_rabbit Shadow Cabal Berserker

I had to check the calendar. Wow, Star Wars 7, the Quest for More Money.

I can't wait to see the madness this causes in versus, and you thought the frothing canon debates were batshit before.

Hands up who checked the Calendar, or thought very fucking hard about it?
  24. Qeveren Well hello there, little friends...

o_______o;
  25. Luke Danger That would be so cool if it wasn't going to hurt

Yeah. After calming down and considering that fact, I'll adopt a 'wait and see' approach.

I'm still not confident, though. Really not confident. I mean, 'Episode 7 in the saga'? Sure, some saw TCW as that and hated it because of it, but it was really three episodes thrown together to the theater, which was part of its problem.

I would of hoped that Disney would learn from that and take some baby steps considering the mantle they have to fill. This isn't what could become a one-shot superhero film like Iron Man could have been if it flopped, this is a major undertaking
    PhoenixFTW likes this.