1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. We now have an official FAQ. The link is in the nav bar but can also be found directly here:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/faq/

Feel free to submit questions so it can become more thorough.

Is Evolution true?

Discussion in 'Non Sci-fi Debates' started by Drexal15, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.
  1. Drexal15

Drexal15 Always Angry Through The Holidays

Wikipedia Definition.
    We all know about the Darwinian Theory of evolution, But is it real? or a crackpot theory from the 20th century?

A great many people on the site seem to think so, but many others are not convinced.

What is the scientific evidence for evolution, and don't say look in the mirror, or something stupid like that.

Is there any evidence against it?

I don't want any religious debates here, no mocking of a religion because you think it's stupid. That goes for Atheism as well.

Edit:

Basically can onse species change into another different one?

2. smthng

smthng Special scientist

[​IMG]

Eagerly anticipating where this thread is going.

3. If you want an easy example of evolution you should look up bacteria becoming immune to antibiotics.

shiki11, kinglugia, Mortifer and 45 others like this.
  4. foamy

foamy Solidarity.

5. Drexal15

How so?

6. Palentological evidence, studies in labs that show that it's a thing that happens today...

Do I HAVE to go web-trawling for something like this?

7. I'm a conservative voting Christian and yes it is true.

In fact it is pretty fucking obviously true.

8. the atom

the atom a.k.a THE TROOPER

Question: Do you believe in animal breeding?

9. lightdreamer

lightdreamer General Pigmask

Just note that real life evolution is nothing like Pokemon evolution. :p

shiki11, kinglugia, Mortifer and 32 others like this.
  10. Mook91

Mook91 Expendable

Well clearly all those unique species created through selective breeding were made by praying to god for more efficient cows/dogs/warthogs.

[​IMG]

shiki11, kinglugia, Prospalz and 86 others like this.
  11. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Queensguard of House Targaryen

Yes it's real, for real world examples look at the Galapagos Islands

12. Well, 65 millions of years ago Lavos crashed into the Earth accidentally wiping out the Dinosaurs and their fledgling civilization. He's been tinkering with the genome of all living things ever since, setting one creature against another in an endless cycle of violence so that only the strongest survive. Evolution is the process Great Lavos guides, and when enough species have enough traits he finds desirable, he'll wake up, absorb the desirable DNA, rain fire from the heavens and kill us all.

Mayans predicted the Times of Harvest for 2012, but I guess they were off by a few years.

13. Shepard1707

Shepard1707 This'll be fun. Super Awesome Happy Fun Time

[​IMG]

With that out of the way.

Yes. It's true.

The fossil record pretty much 100% supports gradual changes in creatures biological structures, with the most extreme changes corresponding to notable and measurable environmental changes. And most of the discrepancies in such have proven, time and time again, to merely be missing one or two points of data.

. . .

That might not make as much sense as I hope it does, it's a bit late, and I've been taking pain pills to deal with a headache.

14. Of course not. "Evolution" is just a clever way of explaining the balance changes between major patches.

15. Mook91

Mook91 Expendable

Indeed, no matter how many times they were nerfed the dinosaurs were simply to hax which is why they were eventually removed when a new release came out.

16. Drexal15

Yes but there is a difference between growing a pig to have long legs, and turning a pig into a giraffe:D

I'm changing the OP to add a summary of what it's about. One species changing into another.

17. greendoor

greendoor Losing in avatar related threads since 2012

As true as can be proven with current science.

kinglugia and ckk185 like this.
  18. sigmaunit

sigmaunit That one guy.

Given enough time and assuming the conditions are optimal for it to do so, yes one species can evolve into another.

kinglugia and ckk185 like this.
  19. Drexal15

And that means?

(More informmation needed than just Science!)

20. greendoor

greendoor Losing in avatar related threads since 2012

All the evidence that we have points to Evolution being true, but it is not one hundred percent confirm-able because it is a theory.
    Edit: Scientific Theory, thank you Someone

21. No, it's false. It's an absurd piece of propaganda constructed by neo-luddite illuminati grand wizards in an attempt to steer us clear of religious and spiritual influences. It's the principle weapon the elites use to disseminate their influence via mass media.

Do you really believe we came from monkeys? Do you really believe this piece of rock we call home has the ability to mutate one animal into another? Occam's razor people. Life came about as result of micro-meteroids carrying seedlings from Proxima Centauri which grew into the lizard pod people who control politics and mass media today.

WAKE UP!

22. Drexal15

Information that confirms this?

23. Someone

Someone Unkown

I don't want to sound like a high school science student but scientific theory =/= theory.

Mortifer, meianmaru, LGear and 6 others like this.
  24. What are you, a broken record?

What are you looking for here?

Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.