1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/
  3. We are having a contest for a new Spacebattles Logo. Come check out the thread for more info. Prizes may be involved.
  4. We now have an official FAQ. The link is in the nav bar but can also be found directly here:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/faq/

Feel free to submit questions so it can become more thorough.

Kamen rider(and to an extent other toku series) loops

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by dwennon, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Here's the Kamen Rider loops, with an amount of other tokusatusu series too.

Here's the loop rules form another thread.
    ~------
    One person in a Loop, often the main character, is an Anchor. They are the person who first starts time looping.

There is always at least one Anchor present in a given Time Loop snippet, though it may not be the local one.
    The standard pattern for a loop is that the Anchor (and whoever else is Looping there) come to awareness in a loop at a particular point in the story. From there, events will play out as influenced by the Loopers present, acting with the benefit of their foreknowledge, until either a predetermined end point is reached or all the Loopers have copped it.
    To be Awake is to be aware of the time loops (that is, to have gone back in time this time.)
    The Anchor is the only character guaranteed to be Awake. Even after others have started looping, it is mostly random as to whether they will be Awake this particular loop.
    Crossovers, fusions, and alternate pasts can also take place. It is perfectly possible, for example, to have the characters Awaken into a loop which conforms to a fanfic universe rather than reality.
    Loops do not have to be in chronological order, but it is strongly preferred that they not require a mutually contradictory order (where A must be before B and B must be before A.)
    Just about every Looper is very, very stir crazy.
    ~------

Confirmed Anchors for the Kamen Rider 'verse:

Den-O - Ryotaro Nogami
    W/Double - Philip and Shotaro Hidari

Very likely anchors but not confirmed yet(or temporary until consensus is reached):

Blade - Kazuma Kenzaki
    Ryuuki - Shinji Kido
    Kuuga - Yuusuke Godai
    Wizard - Haruto Soma
    Gaim - Kouta Kazuraba
    Faiz/555 - Inui Takumi
    Fourze - Gentaro Kisaragi

------

possible anchors:

ooo - Eiji Hino or Kousei Kougami
    Decade - Tsukasa Kadoya
    Agito - possibly rotating between the three main riders

------

Not happening any time soon:

Kamen rider Kabuto

~------

Possible Super Sentai anchors(So far these are only suggestions for a few series that would make sense as nothing has been written yet.):

Himitsu Sentai Goranger - Tsuyoshi Kaijo
    Samurai Sentai Shinkenger - Takeru Shiba
    Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger -Captain Marvelous
    Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger - Daigo Kiryu or(less likely) Nobuharu Udo

~------

Metal Heroes(So far this is only a suggestion that should make sense as nothing has been written yet.):

Space Sheriff Gavan(original series) - Retsu Ichijoji or Geki Jumonji(Very unlikely, but more people might be familiar with him thanks to the 2012 movie.)

~------

Edit:I went back and tried to fix some of the grammar mistakes. Alongside updating the anchor list, putting the full Character names down, plus adding the Super Sentai and Metal Heroes section. If There's any thing else that needs to be fixed please let me know.

2. OathToOblivion

OathToOblivion Bringing the Thunder!

WOOT! I've been waiting for this! I'll go edit the Trope page, be right back!

Conceptulist likes this.
  3. Haha, advancement.

4. OathToOblivion

Anyway, regarding Anchors, for the Showa era, I was thinking Tachibana was the Anchor since he's the one who shows up the most.

5. If we decide to have them all in one universe, Tachibana could act like I suggested Decade, as a meta-anchor so we could do both. But other wise I see no real issues with that.

6. badgep

badgep Kamen Rider Storm

Fourze possible Anchor Gentaro , Kengo or Tomoko

7. Sweet! I was hoping this would happen!

8. Conceptualist

Conceptualist Avatar updated for Halloween!

already have A meta anchor thingy going on in D transformers loops... I'm pretty sure that part of the Transformers loops was the admins not doing the meta anchor thing because of the complexity it causes with the with how new loopers start looping and stuff. I think that you might want to have a decade only be a loop aware entity. instead. However I no relatively little about Kamen Rider so Who am I to judge. If you think you can justify having a decade as and Anchor, go ahead! just don't let him try anything near the admins level and it should be fine.

9. well the meta-anchor thing in story is partly to take stress off other anchors and avoid issues from the various crossovers, and so the admins have another option for dealing with problems in loops(for a degree of justification look at the mega loops.) And also so that anchors that need to start looping but the loop can't start looping have somewhere to go(just a random idea I had.)
    out of story it's so we can have looping decade and crossovers without necessarily having fused loops without needing to do lots of hand waving(i.e. it's all Decades fault.)

10. Conceptualist

decade is bored out of his mind, and due too his unique position in the baseline he can poke and prod at the time line with no serious repercussions? maybe we could justify that by having the common rider loops store the paradox correction protocols 4 the admins or something.

11. if we have to we can come up with an in story reason, until then let's just try and have some fun with this

for if there is no god
    if there is no buddha
    if there is no thor or c'thulu
    in our darkest hour
    there is
    Kamen Rider

(shout out to the awesome Kamen rider spirits manga)

kage15oni likes this.
  12. Now for an actual snippet.
    ------
    This loop was looking to end up one of his most miserable yet, thought Inui. First most of his would be friends and allies nowhere to be found, then the Faiz gear to damaged to use, next Smart Brain spreading some new drug that was secretly to try and increase orphonoch numbers, Psyga and Orga active, Shocker active, and to compound all of that Ryuuki's rider war and Blades battle royale were in full swing with him being one of the only people involved that cared. Inui knew deep down, this was all Decade's fault somehow someway.

"Inui Takumi come and meet your fate and die like the dog you are," shouted an accel mode Kamen Rider Delta backed by a squad of Riotroopers that somehow had blaster modes of their own. 'Well at the least I have a new belt to fight with' Inui thought to himself before puling out what would look like to most an over sized usb, with a red belt buckle appearing.
    "Henshin!" Inui shouted before hitting the button on the usb *click* "FENRIR!"

13. OathToOblivion

Isn't there a canonical Wolf Memory though? ...No, wait, I'm thinking of fanfiction again...

14. Yea I was having trouble of thinking of something cool for Inui to have, and I only thought to have some type of shark themed one like a minute ago. But the Fenrir one is fitting, and something of a follow up to the Quetzalcoatl memory.

15. Leonite

Leonite The Kaminamuffin. Kaminacake if you prefer.

EDIT: Covered in the Misc loops, never mind.

Also... I may contribute, I may not. I've got enough loop threads already XD.

16. Well here's the beginning for a Fourze loop that should cover Gentaro's early loops, also I have no beta for this so it's probably going to need some work...so anyone who reads this has been warned.
    ------
    Gentaro had seen time repeat itself again and again, each time starting roughly on his first day at Amanogawa High. Also the start of his tour as Kamen Rider Fourze and all the adventure his friends and him would have. The first time Gentaro went back he was confused fro a while then went to see all of his friends, non of them seemed to remember any of there adventures in the kamen rider club. And they all seemed to be back to being how they were before, this gave Gentaro pause for a few moments then his thoughts turned to either getting back to his time or trying to reconnect with his erstwhile friends.
    "Ah man." Gentaro sighed. He just finished fighting the Taurus, Scorpio, and Cancer Zodiarts alongside having to make sure no one else was hurt after they started forcing switches on students against there will. Since he put trying to return to his time on the backburner after three or so loops and refocusing to befriending everyone and stopping the zodiarts again things seemed mostly better at first. While Shin stayed on the football team the majority of the team ended up helping out same with JK and Miu's groups. They were even able to get Ohsugi-sensei as an ally much earlier.

However The horoscopes seemed to be reacting to this less than favorably, after awhile. Forcing people to use a zodiarts switch against their will, forcing the school and the surrounding area into lock down under their control, seemingly random attacks on innocent people, and at least one attack on a hospital. Not long after that some group called Foundation-X started to show up and things started to get even worse with new monsters that weren't around the last few times and these weird guys in strange costumes that helped the new monsters.

One of the few saving graces was the Kougami foundation sending help in the form of two Kamen Rider Birth's and some equipment so some of the non riders could defend themselves better. And it all looked to be getting even crazier in the near future.
    ------
    I am currently planning/thinking on a second part to this, but would like some feedback to improve it. And if anyone's willing to beta the next part I'm planning out before I post it that would be appreciated but not necessary.

geohikari152 likes this.
  17. Conceptualist

a little more show, a little less tell, and I think your first paragraph could be a snippet unto itself if you expanded on it. I didn't see any glaring mistakes in grammar, but it looks like you just tried to cram in what amounts to the first couple of chapters worth of loops in too one.

18. Something like that yea, plus I was more so aiming to set up for an awesome bit where Gentaro sort of cements certain things about himself. I don't want to spoil it if I can actually get that far. And if you have any suggestions to get a little more show out of this, or maybe scenes of you own(don't really care either way, just thought I'd offer it to anyone interested), then I'm plenty open to them.

19. Conceptualist

Well I don't know Kamen Rider that well. However the thought just occurred to me that maybe you don't have to show or tell the first whoops for him. If I remember correctly, in the MLP loops Twilight had looping for a while indie first loop. maybe you should go and read the first chapter or two off the compilation 4 the MLP loops 2 get an idea of how you need to say what you want to say.

20. Yea it might be a good idea to reread those. But at the same time there's something special I want to establish about how Gentaro loops. Although it might not be that special since some of the overall loops cannon is a bit fuzzy for me since it's been something like a year or so since I've read some of it.

21. OathToOblivion

Reposting this from the Mega Man Loop Thread!
    ---
    Hidari Netto sighed. It was a slow day today at the Narumi Detective Agency in Fuuto City, which meant he got to do boring stuff like filing taxes. Luckily, the annoyance known as Narumi Akiko was off renovating her apartment, so at least there was that. Just as he was picking up an old case file to review, a knock was heard on the door. Looking at it in curiosity, he grabbed his fedora and went to the door, opening it to reveal the sisters Sakurai Meiru and Roll, better known by their nicknames of Queen and Elizabeth.

"What brings you ladies here?" asked the self-styled hard-boiled detective. The Sakurai siblings looked a little frantic, as if they had just run from something. But what could be after them?

"Netto-kun! You have to hide us! There's a Dopant after us!" cried the distraught Meiru.

The detective in black reacted in shock. "What?! Why would a Dopant come after you girls?!"

Roll shook her head. "We don't know! But he's been chasing after us for the past hour! We think he's...!"

Suddenly, a shout was heard from outside. "GUUUUUUUUUTS!"

Netto facepalmed. "I assume that's him?" he asked. The two nodded in fear. He sighed. "Alright then. Go hide in the hanger. Oi, Phillip! We've got a Dopant outside." A piece of the wall that was being used as a hat rack opened to reveal that it was actually a door. Queen and Elizabeth rushed into the back as Netto's partner, Sonozaki Saito, commonly known by his nickname of Phillip in these parts, exited.

Saito chuckled. "This has been a pretty interesting Loop so far, hasn't it, Lan?" the person who was known in their Home Loop as Megaman.EXE said.

The person usually known as Lan Hikari smiled. "Yeah, I guess it has, Hub. Remind me to thank to Django for teaching us how to make a subspace pocket one of these days, would you? These Gaia Memories are pretty cool." he asked of the person who was usually his brother.

Phillip nodded. "Of course." He then turned to the door. "Shall we?" he asked of his partner, holding up what appeared to be a Green USB Drive with a C emblazoned on it.

Netto nodded, bringing out a Black USB with a J on it. "Of course. Ikuze, aibou (Let's go, partner)," he said, withdrawing a Red and Black object from his jacket and putting it on his waist, a strap moving around it and holding steady. An identical device then shimmered into existence on Phillip's waist.

Phillip then hit the button on his USB.

CYCLONE!

Netto then hit the button on his own.

JOKER!
    "Henshin!"

---
    Shotaro and Phillip were replaced by Lan Hikari and his Net Navi and brother Megaman.EXE, the co-Anchors for Mega Man Battle Network. Queen and Elizabeth were replaced by Mayl Sakurai and her Navi Roll.EXE. Only Lan and Hub (Megaman's real name) are Awake.

kage15oni likes this.
  22. A Kuuga time loop AKA It sucks to be the grongi
    Its Unidentified Life Form #14 aka Me-Badjisu-Ba aka the hornet grongi's turn to play the murder game as he flew the skies of Tokyo, he smirk as he sees what he presume shall be his first victim, as he prepare to make his first kill unlike the Zu-clan that got wipe out before the game can even commence, A shot from Kuuga Rising Pegasus put an end to him before he can even blink. Result- Grongi kill-12, Human kill-0.

Unidentified Life From #36 aka Me-Garima-Ba aka Mantis Grongi blinked in confusion at the emptiness of the subway,Tokyo Subway usually crowded to the brim with Lindo(humans) every day which is why she choose it as the theme of game, why is it deserted on the very day its her turn to play the game? Oh wait there is one lindo on the bench there, maybe-these thoughts were cut shot when the guy on the bench turned into Kuuga Rising Dragon and wrack her over the head with his harbert. Result-Grongi kill-34, Human kill-still 0.

Unidentified Life Form #46 aka Go-Gadoru-Ba aka Rhino Beetle Grongi march into the Lindo warriors(Police) headquarters, determine to be the grongi that FINALLY score at least one kill on the Lindos. He had good word that Kuuga had earlier reverted to his white form allowing him at least 2 hours to slaughter without interruption. Its to his surprise when he see an armored Lindo similar to Kuuga waiting for him. "Kuuga?" "Nope." said the armored man as he aim his mini-gun at the Grongi. "Its G-3 mother#$%."
    Result-Grongi kill-44, Human kill-still 0.

Later, Godai Yusuke let out an uncharacteristic smirk when Ichiro gave him the news of G-3's victory. Only Unidentified Life Form #0 is left, if he can finally have zero casualty achievement against even him, maybe he can finally escape this hellish time loop.

geohikari152 and Meikyuu like this.
  23. well that was interesting, and something I can totally see happening

24. Well I figured among all Kamen Rider enemies his is the most well documented(police reports) so its the easiest to predict and G3 is canon based on Kuuga so it results in this snippet.

25. not exactly, and that's true about g3 since the gear was made to fight grongi. Heck G3's one of my favorite riders alongside Gattack and Decade so it is nice to see him succeed where he was meant to. Also some other enemies that could qualify as well documented: the worms/
    native
    , dopants, orphenoch, and the inves, all of which to some extent with the grongi just being somewhat more well documented to a "good" group.