1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. We now have an official FAQ. The link is in the nav bar but can also be found directly here:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/faq/

Feel free to submit questions so it can become more thorough.

3. Round 2 voting for the new logo has started. It is non-optional, you must click here and vote.

Mass Effect: Glorious Shotgun Princess (ME/Exalted)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by GreggHL, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.
  1. Blackkyuubi

Blackkyuubi Excalibur Prime was the first.

....... There is irony in this since you based Go-kuns initial AI off Liberty Prime whose, if I remember correctly, favorite line is "Communism is the very definition of failure.

2. The Bushranger

The Bushranger In the Danger Zone

"Soylent Reaper is....!"

3. Cornuthaum

Cornuthaum Villainous Velociraptor

... made of melted xenos. Still heretical, but not quite as important as a Soylent Reaper brand made from humans.

Mortifer, Maracroix, cyko2041 and 6 others like this.
  4. Delusionist

Delusionist Seeker of Truth

To be fair, Autochthonian societies are not actually communist in the philosophical sense, but exhibit some of the prominent aspects typically attributed to the philosophy, such as all property ultimately belonging to the state.

5. Cornuthaum

And given that the state is, in this case, quite literally responsible for keeping the entire world working, that is a good thing.

Exalted: Where earthpolitics concepts meet irrefutable proof that god not only exists, but needs maintenance lest his continent-sized organs crush everyone.

6. It just dawned on me that Reapers might be immensely old Alchemicals (what would be the stage after 'turning into a city', or Essence >10?) who succumbed to some version of the Great Curse. :eek:

7. Synapse

Synapse Essence 4 and rising

The alchemicals weren't cursed.

8. Edit your post! your killing Tali!

9. Ginger Maniac

Ginger Maniac Subject to Gravity

I don't think that E>10 is possible, but I did have an idea about running a Mortal Engines-style campaign with elder Alchemicals as the rolling cities once. By that logic, there is no reason the Reapers couldn't be elder Void(?) Alchemicals with [Dreadnought] Charms instead of Municipal Charms.

EDIT: Alchemicals get Clarity instead of the Curse. Basically, high Clarity means they act more and more logical rather than emotional.

10. GreggHL

GreggHL Engaging hilarity engine/air oscillation booster.

And now Tali has to die.

I mean, it's more the Maidens are playing the ME series on the cosmic Xbox, because the Unconquered Sun wandered onto Bioware Social Network and has lost faith in humanity. Again.

11. Damn it Bloodrevan.

12. Synapse

Synapse Essence 4 and rising

It's not possible.

13. Well, the only plausible explanation for the Catalyst is massive amounts of Voidtech, so Alchemicals are probably involved somehow.

14. Delusionist

Delusionist Seeker of Truth

I would not be surprised if Reapers were Apostate Patropoli.

15. koolerkid

koolerkid Lord of All Things

Where's Luna? Playing Minecraft?

Mortifer, Maracroix, cyko2041 and 4 others like this.
  16. You know, I expected a bigger outcry over this. Heh.

I guess everyone's still in denial?

17. too busy plotting how to avenge Tali's Death at Bloodrevan's hands to agree with you.

18. [tempting fate]Like he would really do it.[/tf]

19. Winged Knight

Winged Knight Crazy man with a wolf on his head.

I'd really like for her not to die. I really, really would. But Gregg is so good at misdirection... Will he or won't he? Is this true or am I being played? My heart, it can't take the pressure! I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S REAL ANY MORE! EVERYTHING I KNOW COULD BE A LIE! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

On the story itself, still looking good. I can't wait to see more of Deus Machina and its inhabitants. It promises for such delicious interactions.

20. Cornuthaum

It's an Exalted story. People die.
    It's a Mass Effect story. People die.
    It's a fundamentally unfair universe these two now share. People die.

Just because they (ie. Garrus, Tali) are fan favourites does not make them immortal. They might be worth twenty faceless, full-helmeted mooks apiece, but people die, and so do heroes. Only the Neverborn do not die.

21. GreggHL

GreggHL Engaging hilarity engine/air oscillation booster.

No, the Neverborn just keep dying and never finish the job.

Updates will be forthcoming. Just got the Extended Cut.

22. Mizuki_Stone

Mizuki_Stone Gnd. Admiral

Oh we're all plotting some horrible, horrific, vengeance, we're just being quiet about it.

My personal plan involves a firm steel chair, a cool room, a cheep conveyance store bought lighter, a cooking pot, a cheese greater (well two, always good to have a spare), several rats, two point three kilos of sodium hydroxide, and truly excessive quantities of ducktape, superglue, and wire.

I'm worried it might be a tad bit excessive though. I normally don't break thought articles out unless Sis has a new boyfriend...

Valiran likes this.
  23. See? Denial. Followed by bargaining. Most people are probably orbiting around those two.

Ah, Greg, you magnificent troll. I read your book still-ongoing stories.

EDIT: Say, is your name properly spelled 'Greg', 'Gregg', or 'eldritch abomination that secretly feasts upon tears of rage'?

24. Actually he probably hasn't even gotten out of ME1's tutorial yet because he keeps trying to save Jenkins, failing, and starting the game over.

If by Minecraft you mean Gaia.... Then yes, yes she is.

Mortifer, Gamerex27, cyko2041 and 3 others like this.
  25. koolerkid

koolerkid Lord of All Things

Actually that's totally what I meant, but I didn't expect anyone to get it. Go you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.