1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/
  3. We are having a contest for a new Spacebattles Logo. Come check out the thread for more info. Prizes may be involved.
  4. We now have an official FAQ. The link is in the nav bar but can also be found directly here:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/faq/

Feel free to submit questions so it can become more thorough.

Mass Effect: Human Revolution, Thread II

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by IgnusDei, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.
  1. Cyrus 21

Cyrus 21 Kamen Rider/Spirit of Chaos

....Okaaaaaay.
    I'm half expecting Daemonettes and Keepers of Secrets to start showing up. This has Slannesh written all over it....

2. Kalaong

Kalaong Extinction Is Approaching. FIGHT IT.

You try being a control freak's bitch for several... days? Weeks? They're sailors on shore leave squared.

3. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

The gangs: Envy

Caim: Wrath

The Redlight District: Lust and Gluttony

The RedWater Tower: Greed

The Miners: Sloth

The Templars: Pride

4. Cyrus 21

The Seven deadly sins. I wonder if someone is going to connect the dots?

5. Kalaong

Wait a minute... All of Benezia's thralls are still under her control - but she herself has lost all control.

6. Cyrus 21

Well, Time to cut the head off the snake then.....

7. NeoSeether

NeoSeether Time Diver

HOHENHEIM!!!

*joke post*

Durabys, Legrio and pecenipicek like this.
  8. Unlikely unless Abrahamic faiths are a physical concept in this world.

9. aeroprime

aeroprime Power Lurker

I was thinking something similar.

10. Kalaong

And at the same time, they're acting out Benezia's repressed desires; IE seven deadly sins.

11. Rabe

Rabe whatever I did I wasn't trying to piss you off

The town is turning into a day camp version of Dante's Inferno. Each little piece is becoming it's on sin themed deathtrap.

12. Kalaong

Well, Benezia used a fifty-thousand-year-old piece of alien technology to pop the tops of several thousand people. You have to expect something to come out.

13. Really loving the Assassin's Creed vibe you have given Jane, appropriate yet cool at the same time.

Tikigod784 likes this.
  14. Brellin

Brellin Bolos are magical

mugging them

15. Ed130

Ed130 Courage and Duty

I bet Aleph is going to pop out next snippet.

16. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

"Hey, fucker called me a thief!" she chuckled menacingly. "That reminds me, I pocketed a few of his coins, figured Hein would love to have a look at them. Wanna see?"

"When we're safe inside... what did Grey call it? The Spooky truck?"

"Yeah, not the most- HOLY SHIT!"

A trio of Asari that had ganged up on an orange Drell bared their teeth and began biting and tearing off huge chunks of his flesh. The man cackled in ecstasy, begging them not to stop even as his life's blood gushed out.

That was too much for Jensen to simply watch.

"Oh Spirits..." muttered Garrus in horror.

"Let him go! Let him go right now!" Jensen screamed, his stunner brandished. It took a few shocks (and a few punches courtesy of Jane) for each Asari to finally back down, and Vakarian pulled the Drell out of the fray. He applied some Medi-Gel, but it was too late: his heart rate was beating twice as fast as normal, and too much blood had been pumped out of his wounds. A silence came over the area --no, the entire district, and the trio found themselves surrounded by an entire crowd of people just staring at them...

"Uh oh." said Garrus. "Guys, I think we got their attention..."

"No shit." hissed Jane under her breath, angrily.

"I noticed, thanks."

Every pair of eyes in the crowd were transfixed on them, and they glowed dimly with a purple light. They licked their lips, their expressions ravenous. They spoke in unison, with a woman's voice, deep and calm:

"You. You are the one that took my daughter away from me."

Vakarian and Jane were confused, but Jensen realized quickly who really was speaking to him. "Matriarch Benezia, I presume."

"Yes... and yet, no. Benezia and I form a whole you cannot begin to comprehend, an entity both old and new. I am a being forged of fire, spirit and breath, born in a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension... I, am the Black Queen."

Seven Asari stepped forward from the crowd, and held their hands forward.

"Kneel."

Gravity pushed down Jensen, Proudfoot and Vakarian, and it was getting harder and harder to stay upright. While the 108's CNT muscle fibers kept Jensen upright, his organs started to feel heavy, and he doubled over in pain, grunting. The other two knelt, their legs unable to take the strain.

"Where is Manah? I long to hold her in my arms..."

"Go to hell..." grunted Jensen.

"Come now, there is no need to be unkind. I can be a pleasant master... and grant you your heart's desire, all you have to do in return, is swear fealty to me, and become my servant."

"You have nothing that I want!"

"...Your soul burns bright with defiance, but I can sense tendrils of longing emanating from it... A field of wheat..."

"Shut up!"

"A house of stone on a hill..."

"I said--"

~[h+]~
    Adam let his hand caress the golden wheat on his bare fingers, enjoying the texture. He had worked so hard, but now it was time for harvest, and he looked forward to finally stop his mercenary ways. He looked at his calloused hands, and smiled: the surgery, while it had robbed him of his incredible strength, had given him something back, something he had missed.
    He climbed atop a hill overlooking his land, illuminated by the sunshine. A hundred yards away was his house, given to him and Fahl as thanks for their sacrifices. He could make Fahl in the distance, nursing a wound on Sunny. Poor thing scratched her knee running around the house... Soon it would be time for dinner, and it was Jensen's turn to cook.
    Yes, for the first time in a long while, Jensen felt... happy, and fulfilled.
    This is not real
    The thought echoed in the back of Jensen's mind. It wasn't his own, but he knew it spoke the truth.
    An oily shadow in the shape of a woman, wearing a dark, metallic mask appeared at Adam's side, And it whispered in his ear, in a voice both seductive and motherly all at once.
    "No, it isn't real... and soon you will wake, and face the bitter reality of their deaths. But I can grant you this dream forever. Your mind will sleep, and your body will serve me. All you have to do... is submit.
    "No... I, I musn't...You'll only hurt her."
    "What has defiance brought you but pain? What has defiance brought you but loss? Is submission not preferable, when one is offered an eternity of paradise? Is it not preferable, when you have so much to gain? Let your story end in blissful illusion, my Adam..."
    "Fahl and I... we earned this, we earned this moment..."
    "Yesss... You deserve this, you've earned all of this..."
    "...By NOT giving into the tide of death and horror that threatened to swallow us whole. By defying it! If I accept your offer I would be desecrating her memory, all that she stood for!"
    The blue sky shattered in a million pieces, revealing a sky covered in thunderclouds. The ground shook, and the land was set ablaze by bolts of lightning."
    "How?! How can your resist me?!"
    "Get out..."
    ~[h+]~

"...OF MY HEAD!"

The Element Zero nodes in the 108 suit surged with a negative current, and a burst of mass lightening dark energy pulsed outwards, freeing Garrus and Jane from the increased gravity. Jensen roared as he raised his fist, and the seven Asari that served as biotic proxies for Benezia were lifted up. He glowed briefly a yellow green light, and swatted them away like flies into a nearby building.

Garrus couldn't believe what had just happened. "Holy crap, Jensen, did you just--"

The crowd growled and leered and licked their lips, and approached the trio, intent in raping and eating them, not out of fury, but out of a pure desire to simply do so, fueled by the energies of the Black Queen.

"Guys? Horde of crazed lunatics? Ring any bells?!" shouted Jane as she withdrew her Vector submachine gun.

The crowd charged at them.

"Run like hell!" commanded Jensen, and they did.

~[h+]~

17. Ed130

Ed130 Courage and Duty

I was right!

Not in the way that I thought, but still.

Your mind will sleep, and you body will serve me.

'and your body'

pecenipicek likes this.
  18. Cyrus 21

Yeah, This is what we call in the Adventuring business F.U.B.A.R.
    Time to evac and find someone to bomb the planet to hell, There is no way that..... thing should keep existing.

19. SirLagginton

SirLagginton El Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Presidente

Pax?

Really it's giving me the vibes despite knowing that it's all freaky psychic shit.

20. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

The reavers are fueled by rage. These folk are fueled by desire...

I'm not sure which is worse, really.

Durabys, Kalaong, stark40763 and 4 others like this.
  21. Jensen... gah. There are times to be a hero. When you've got minimal support and an entire city of kill-crazy lunatics (and among them many who can kill you with the power of their mind) it is probably not one of those times.

22. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

To be fair, Jensen wasn't quite fully aware of what Benezia was capable of.

23. The One Char

The One Char Never tactful, always witty.

Benezia you fool, defiance is what earned Jensen and Fahl that moment. You think you could use it against him?

24. WarpObscura

WarpObscura Mooning

... With?

25. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

~[h+]~

Moody was just reading an Galactic Electronics article on advanced security systems when he heard the rumbling of footsteps in the distance.

"Guys?" he called out to his passengers. You hear that?"

Grey stepped out of the vehicle to see, and he started hearing gunfire. Bipedal, armless support mechs strode and leapt into the Alienage, and before long there was the sound of plasma projectors and disturbingly insane screams of delight.

"Oh, no..." he muttered. as he tapped the side of his helmet, activating his comm unit. "Spirit? Spirit are you there?"

"We're still alive, sir, but we--" she gasped, and he breath was short. "We stirred up one fucked up hornet's nest! We're a hundred meters away and we're coming with company! I hope your truck's engine's warm!"

"Moody! Switch the engine on, now! Spirit! Are you being pursued by Templars?"

The rumble of a thousand footfalls approached, and Grey could make out Vakarian and Jane coming around a corner like bats out of hell, followed by Jensen, who was carrying a satchel.

And right behind them was a horde of civilians, mostly alien.

"No sir, hostiles are most definitely not Templars, sir!"

"What the flying motherfucking fuck?!" shouted Moody.

Grey's eyes widened in horror. "Oh, Jesus! Get in the truck, now! Move it, move it!"

The trio went into full sprint and reached the vehicle with the stampede just seconds away from reaching the truck. Grey hurried them in, and ordered Moody to hit the accelerator pedal as he climbed back into the truck and closed the door behind him. A tide of bodies slammed into the side of the truck as it sped away, and once their prize was lost, the power of the Black Queen left them to suffer from their injuries.

~[h+]~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.