1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/
  3. We are having a contest for a new Spacebattles Logo. Come check out the thread for more info. Prizes may be involved.

Mass Effect: Human Revolution

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by IgnusDei, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.
  1. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

I'm still waiting for word on Persona 5...

PS: I've decided "Aleph" is to be voiced by Richard Madden. Just imagine Robb Stark talking.

2. Durabys

Durabys Miaow! Subscriber

Fuck..

..why do I have a very strong desire to see the Galaxy and Earth in particular burn to the ground?

Why I am even proposing this!?

Because a big chunk of Humanity just reversed into the Middle Age's mindset for christs sake! :mad:

3. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

Well, that's pretty much the Templar's thing:

4. blast flame

blast flame How far will we go if it means lighting the way?

Oh wow, I'd never watched that before. That's sickening. I'd take the 1000 years of war ending before that any day...

Cyrus 21 likes this.
  5. Durabys

"Glass that world!" *Prophet of Truth's opinion on Earth*

You know it would be ironic. One group of fanatics is burned to ashes by another BIGGER group of fanatics for the crime of them just existing. :D

Cyrus 21 likes this.
  6. Yeah.... I wouldn't mind it if the Reapers actually succeeded and turned every human into a Reaper in this timeline. :) They'd deserve it. :D

7. I... generally just ignore what the actual choice is when I play ME and just go for what's Paragon/Renegade/What I need to get what I want, depending on playthrough. It's the only to avoid going insane trying to reconcile recruiting Morinth with a Paragon option or trying to figure out why shooting an enemy robot with Garrus' rifle is Renegade.

Actually that's Persona. They'll still probably bring over SMT IV, they brought over Nocturne and they need more games to sell the 3DS (god damn PSP).

8. Durabys

Becoming part of a post-humansentient cyborg warship..

..I think the Human Reaper would go insane and kill itself.

9. blast flame

blast flame How far will we go if it means lighting the way?

Or they become really enthusiastic about following the Star Child...

10. Thought occurs: Ignus is mentioning that the Templars use fire a lot. And that the child and Fahl (whoever she was) were completely charred by the fire. Was Jensen actually around at the time of their deaths?

11. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

He was too late.

12. Uh-huh. And?

13. They were burned and all that was left were torched corpses. That doesn't sound suspiciously familiar at all!

14. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

Oh no, there's no plot here. They up and murdered a woman and a child. Think about it? Why would Templars kidnap either of them?

But yeah, Jensen has a bad relationship with fire.

15. Burn the Heretic, Purge the Unclean

16. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

Aw crap, now you've done it!

THIS FIC HAS BEEN LOCKED BY THE INQUISITORS OF GAMES WORKSHOP SINCE THE TEMPLARS ARE TOTALLY SPACE MARINES BECAUSE WE TOTALLY INVENTED THE CONCEPT

Cyrus 21 and GoneRampant like this.
  17. According to them they invented everything. They're a bit like the Soviets. Who they also invented.

18. aeroprime

aeroprime Power Lurker

Even cheese?

19. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

Especially the cheese.

20. Probably.

On topic I wonder why Alex went Templar.

21. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

That's just one of possible endings. It's up to the player to decide who to side with, so I guess you're gonna have to ask another player why he went with it.

22. In this one I meant. Unless you decided on a mixed Invisible War ending the same way they mixed the original Deus Ex endings.

23. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Laputan Machine

Invisible War didn't happen in this AU. Alex's fate is unknown.

24. Oh no. There's some terrible fucking people in a setting. Clearly all mankind deserves to be exterminated or turned into a fucked up slush that somehow helps to build horrible abominations.

I'm also getting tired of repeating the fact that Invisible War didn't fucking happen in this fic's backstory.

Though hey. Ignus said it too. Maybe that'll help it stick this time.

----------------------

I want to call the next SMT V instead of IV . . . Just out of a weird form of spite.

Strange Journey was actually created as SMT IV . . . But one of the executives actually came down on them and said that a game is not allowed to be a "main series" SMT unless it takes place in Tokyo.

Granten likes this.
  25. There are (presently) 90 pages in this thread. It's kinda a slog to go through every single one of them to check to see whether Ignus said something did or didn't happen and the fic itself can be ambiguous.

As for SMT, at least it reinforces my point that most of the games that people just lump in with it (including Catherine by this point) aren't actually part of the Shin Megami Tensei series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.