Miscellaneous Loops

Discussion in 'The Index' started by Jcogginsa, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This thread if for posting Loops for series that do not have there own thread devoted to them at this time. Here are the Loop mechanics in a general sense. Being lazy, I have copied them directly from the OP of the MLP loops thread

Loop mechanics (general):

One person in a Loop, often the main character, is an Anchor. They are the person who first starts time looping.
    There is always at least one Anchor present in a given Time Loop snippet, though it may not be the local one.
    The standard pattern for a loop is that the Anchor (and whoever else is Looping there) come to awareness in a loop at a particular point in the story. From there, events will play out as influenced by the Loopers present, acting with the benefit of their foreknowledge, until either a predetermined end point is reached or all the Loopers have copped it.
    To be Awake is to be aware of the time loops (that is, to have gone back in time this time.)
    The Anchor is the only character guaranteed to be Awake. Even after others have started looping, it is mostly random as to whether they will be Awake this particular loop.
    Crossovers, fusions, and alternate pasts can also take place. It is perfectly possible, for example, to have the characters Awaken into a loop which conforms to a fanfic universe rather than reality.
    Loops do not have to be in chronological order, but it is strongly preferred that they not require a mutually contradictory order (where A must be before B and B must be before A.)
    Just about every Looper is very, very stir crazy.
    Here is a list of Looping universes and their anchors, not including series who already have loop threads dedicated to them. List may be incomplete

Nanoha (Fate, others)
    Tenchi (Tenchi - Washu)
    Kei or Yuri (Dirty Pair)
    Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog - Tails)
    Blaze (Sonic Rush (Linked Loop with Sonic the Hedgehog - Marine)
    Bulma (Dragonball - Goku)
    Vash the Stampede (Trigun - his twin?)
    Saya (Blood+ - her twin Diva?)
    Alucard (Hellsing - Seras)
    Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
    Helga Pataki (Hey Arnold - Arnold)
    Mido Miko (La Blue Girl)
    Shepard (Mass Effect - Darrus, Tali, Joker, Sovereign)
    Mollari (Babylon 5 - Ivonova, Corwin)
    Louise (Zero no Tsukaima - Irukuru)
    Olórin/Gandalf (Middle Earth (Tolkien))
    James Raynor (Starcraft - Zaratul)
    Doreen Green/Squirrel Girl (Marvel Anchor... Explains a few things, Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Wade Wilson/Deadpool (Who can tell?), Wolverine)
    Harry Dresden (Dresden Files - Murphy, Thomas: Harry's brother, Bob the skull)
    Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars - Ahsoka Tano)
    Sora (Kingdom Hearts - Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Namine, Axel, Mickey, Donald, Goofy)
    Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
    Luffy (One Piece)
    Sasakura Ryuu (Bartender Manga - general vacation Loop to unwind. Powers are suppressed here)
    Splinter (TMNT - Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo, April O'Neil)
    Belgarion (Belgariad/Malorean - Polgara, Ce'Nedra)
    Lief (Deltora Quest - some woman related to Lief, Kree (a raven), Jasmine, Doom, Zeean, a Guardian)
    Elan (Order of the Stick - Roy Greenhilt, Haley Starshine, Durkon Thundershield, Vaarsuvius, Belkar Bittlerleaf, Narrator is 'Loop Aware')
    Leman Russ (aka Lemon Rush (calls Fluttershy 'Little Mother') from Warhammer - his brothers (human like Vulkan and wolf such as Freki and Geri), The Emperor, the four chaos gods (Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Khorne), Ciaphas Cain (Candy Cane))
    Leah Clearwater (Twilight saga)
    Nita or Kit (Young Wizards - Tom, Carl)
    ??? (Civilization building game, the narrator most likely)
    ? (Valdemar saga)
    Reiji (Dragon Drive - Chibi)
    Simon (Gurren Lagann - Kamina, Yoko)
    F'lar (Dragonriders of Pern - Mnementh)
    Lawrence (His Majesty's Dragon - Temeraire)
    Eragon (Eragon series - Saphira)
    Rincewind (only Anchor to have never actually died - Discworld - Twoflower, Ninereeds, Carrot)
    Jakkin (Pit Dragon trilogy)
    Sokka (Avatar - Katara, Toph, Aang)
    Cinque (Dog Days)
    Vin (Mistborn - Elend, Kell/Kelsier)
    Vlad (Taltos)
    Buffy (the vampire slayer)
    Matthias (Redwall)
    ? (Disney - Belle, Beast)
    Jebediah (Kerbal Space Program)
    Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Carribean)
    Issun (Okami - Amaterasu, Brush Gods)
    Laharl or Etna (Disgaea? - Flonne, Midboss, Captain Gordon)
    Optimus Prime (Transformers - Grimlock, Megatron (on probation))
    Picard/Kirk/Archer (the anchors for Trek loops, all Trek loopers generally let other loopers do their own thing and don't call attention to themselves if outside their home loop, plus their main crew members, Sisko, Janeway and their main crews)
    Crazy Dave (PvZ - ? No one, even the gods, is certain that he's actually looping despite being the designated anchor)
    Keichi & the Norns run a 'service loop'. Several of their friends are 'Dreaming'.
    ? (DC Comics- Core Justice Leaguers) (Personally i'd suggest Nightwing, but it remains undecided)
    TK/Patamon (Digimon Adventure- Kari, Tai, Matt, Izzy, Joe, Mimi, Sora, Davis, Yolei, Cody, Ken, Willis, and Digimon Partners)
    Marcus Damon/Agumon (Digimon Data Squad)
    ? (Red Alert- Einstein)

Note that you are not limited to these series, these are just the ones that have been established already. They are listed as a means of easy reference.

Certain series, due to various factors such as an overabundance of time travel, are Read only and Thus do not have anchors or loops. These series can still have fused loops, but nothing from them can leave their universe

Doctor Who(Overabundance of Time Travel)
    Once Upon a Time (Overabundance of Multiversal travel)

Here is a list of Series with either dedicated threads or dedicated Fanfics. Please place loops solely featuring these characters in the proper place. Fusion loops with them are allowed, but please post them in both threads to more easily keep track of them. I will only be listing the anchors for each loop

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (Twilight Sparkle)
    Ranma 1/2 (Ranma Saotome)
    Naruto (Naruto Uzumaki)
    Yugioh (Yugi Moto/Jaden Yuki/Yusei Fudo/Yuma Tsukumo. All are Anchors for their section of the timeline, similar to Star Trek. Atem and Astral are Co anchors to Yugi and Yuma respectively)
    Megaman (Upcoming. Anchors Unknown)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinji Ikari)
    Harry Potter (Harry Potter)
    How To Train Your Dragon (Hiccup/Toothless)
    Sailor Moon (Usagi)
    Bleach (Ichigo Kurosaki)
    Slayers (Lina Inverse)
    Jonnoda and TrivetLurker like this.
  2. yannoshka C rate smartass

On account of technically being around for most of it, (and if noone beats me to it, some ideas I have) Vanyel/Yfandes should be co-anchors for Valdemar. And, yes I know Van does not seem like the most stable person to anchor a loop, thats what 'fandes is there for.
  3. Go ahead a write them out. The stuff in the OP is just what has been already established, it's not all there is
  4. Hey there! I actually have just a little bit of time before I board my boat and lose internet access until January. I'd like to take that to make a couple of additions to the list here.

Hub universe - 'Ours'. Every Loop exists as fiction here and it is being used to Anchor the entire multiverse. No actual Anchor (or other loopers for that matter) needed. Keeping the Hub stable enough to run the Loops is taking up most of Yggdrasil's remaining power.

Lost universes (completely unavailable for even fused Loops):

Puella Magica (The Anchor Madoka ascended to the divine level, destroying the Loop (though evidence suggests it may be recoverable once Yggdrasil stabilizes) - her potentially sociopathic familiar Kyuubey may or may not still exist as a Malicious Looping Entity or MLE)
    Unknown (The Anchor suffered catastrophic destabilization in an attempt to bring the Megaman universe into the Loops and their Loop lost on the conceptual level. It no longer exists as even a fully formed idea.)

Stable universes (These have no Anchors or loopers native to them, and are often used for fused Loops after a bored looper breaks their universe rather spectacularly):

Eiken (Most stable universe outside the Hub, and one of the least favorite of nearly all loopers. Too bad since it's the stable universe most used for fused Loops)
    Oz

The 'Traveling Looper':

Jenny Everywhere - She can't remember ever having a Loop from her own universe or what her home universe was even like. No one (gods included) even knows if she actually has a home Loop.
  5. You may want to link to the "donation threads" for loops that have such a thing.
  6. Why exactly is eiken so disliked anyway? Back pain?

Regarding the kamina discussion, one reason they might have to try and way things in Kamina's favor is spiral power. By word of God, Kamina had one of the lowest outputs of Spiral power out of the Dai-Gurren Dan
  7. Generally high stress environment with no real way to relieve said stress is the gist I think.

8. That, and those that loop in don't get their normal abilities, subspace pocket abilities, or anything. It's just "Survive the softcore high school for a loop!"

LOOP PROTOCOL: HOMESTUCK
    Homestuck loop is home to numerous potential high class MLEs as well as a functioning universe generation code. For this reason, Homestuck is labeled READ ONLY. Any looper that comes into contact with the Skaia code is to be debriefed as soon as they enter their next loop. Any reality formed from Skaia is to be LOCKED DOWN AT ONCE. Use of Skaian protocols (such as Fenstrated Walls and Sylladex storage systems) is permissible in other loops. Use of Skaian artifacts (such as an alchemeter or anything made from/relating to an alchemiter) is strictly forbidden. If a kernalsprite is prototyped with a HORRORTERROR or a FIRST GUARDIAN by a looper, CEASE THE LOOP IMMEDIATELY AND CALL IN HEAVY SUPPORT. If a First Guardian becomes aware of the loops, CEASE THE LOOP IMMEDIATELY AND CALL IN HEAVY SUPPORT. Homestuck and all Skaia Contact loops are to be monitored at all times.

9. Please link these threads.
  10. I need links to most of them
  11. Master Basher Damn you Time Clocks!

12. Okay, I have thirty minutes until I have to go board my boat and lose internet access until January.

So, here's a teaser for the upcoming Megaman Loops that I'll post when I return:

Yggdrasil Log: Loop activation attempt 1 using primary Anchor candidate:

Rock shook his head as he suddenly experienced a glut of memory errors. Entire years worth. Just like...

No, he'd never experienced something like this before... Why would he think he had?

It didn't matter. Dr. Wily had stolen Dr. Light's robot masters and attacked the city. Since he had been about the only thing outside Wily's control, he'd volunteered to be converted into a fighting robot and stop the mad doctor's plans. And possibly get him psychiatric help once he captured him.

The gate in front of him slid up and he beheld his opponent.

"Took you long enough," the orange robot master glared. "I thought you might have chickened out. But the Glue Gun of Bond Man will make certain you stick around... forever!"

Bond Man? No, that wasn't right... It was supposed to be 71#3 #@&*$@#!%^......

ATTEMPT FAILED
    Indalecio and Ranma-sensei like this.
  13. Well, the Megaman Loops are not up yet, and five of the loops are fanfics, no threads

Also, Crisis: Is Megaman the only Looper, or are they linked a la Star Trek and Yugioh?
  14. You'll have to wait and find out (aka I'm not entirely sure yet since I'm still writing the intros).

Though, as a hint, here's two more teasers:

Yggdrasil Log: Loop activation attempt 1 using secondary Anchor candidate:

Roll blinked as her memory banks glitched.

Looking down at herself, she suddenly wondered if she'd always been this tall. Or had been such a mature-appearing model. The yellow bodysuit with the red stripes on the side certainly didn't seem familiar to her...

She really didn't remember getting into a fight with a buff-looking Cut Man.

She dodged a rolling cutter narrowly and pointed her arm at Cut Man, feeling it reform like her brother's often did - when did Dr. Light install that on her? - into... a toaster?

What good was a toa$73R/$%&^$Fg5ev6&^]......................

ATTEMPT FAILED

Yggdrasil Log: Loop activation attempt 1 using tertiary Anchor candidate:

This was wrong. This wasn't how everything was supposed to go. He was supposed to be the disenchanted first creation of Dr. Light. An experimental military model with the mental programming of a son the man never had who ran away because he was afraid that a repair to his faulty power core would end up erasing his personality.

He most certainly wasn't supposed to have been the last hope of humanity in a post-apocalyptic world where Wily had not only won, but apparently done so without any resistance whatsoever while at the same time framing Dr. Light for crimes Wily had committed. He wasn't supposed to have lost his faith in humanity and be forced to duel his brother to the death for defending them, and then watch as humanity's lack of will caused even Rock to lose faith.

But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't seem to stop himself. Surely this w@$ 4377******

ATTEMPT FAILED
    Indalecio, Noctum and Ranma-sensei like this.
  15. Most of the rest are not threads here, but works that can be found on Fanfiction.net.

Ranma/Naruto/Evangelion/Harry Potter/Bleach/ and mentions of Slayers (Lina's mostly subject to lines by other loopers about how Dragon Slave-happy she is) are courtesy of Innortal and can be found under the title 'Omake Files': https://www.fanfiction.net/u/681915/Innortal

HTTYD Loops are Saph's other project and can be found here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7305602/1/HTTYD_Loops

Less than five minutes until no internet...

Aloha.
  16. thewatcher Lady of Edelye

Didn't Fluttershy loop into Homestuck once, and wasnt there a local anchor?
  17. Ranma-sensei Reality-breaking Vampire Elementalist

You should maybe ask Saph about Twilight - he is keeping a loop 1 in his sta.sh which he expands from time to time.
  18. That was a proposed loop which didn't make the final cut. Primarily because, well, Homestuck.
  19. Master Basher Damn you Time Clocks!

Eh, I'm sure that they'd be some loops within' Homestuck that don't end with quite the same MLE's, or some that end up with completely different mechanics (under Problem Sleuth/MSPA shenanigans, and one Andrew Hussie.)

And from what I've gleamed from the Fandom there; I wouldn't be surprised if the 'Troll' loops can be deemed 'safer' if it means SBURB doesn't exist 'technically'.
  20. But by keeping Homestuck as a whole Read Only--no anchors, therefore no native loopers--the multiverse is far safer.
  21. hey, DC and Marvel aren't Read Only, and they're likely more dangerous than Homestuck
  22. Master Basher Damn you Time Clocks!

Other than personally sayin' that they've had Loop Wars that the Admins probably keep/edit out the worst to the 'native' loops at most. And not to mention OOC the Fanbase being too large to make it READ ONLY...

I'd probably say for simplicities sake, that the Admins MAY have done damage control by trying to invoke more 'AU' Loops in Homestuck, such as the Troll Alpha/Beta Kids, and the Human!Troll AU's. Or try to introduce some more 'safer' MMORPG in the loop such as .Hack.

And not to mention; some of the kids may have been savvy enough to TRY not to play SBURB at all, to limited degree/s of success. But really; I bet they probably shaft The Doctor on EVERY single one of the Homestuck Loops; just to do Damage Control at least.

23. Eh, they're complicated but most of the danger can be contained by the loopers native to those realities. Homestuck has characters that could arguably be a Seven on the Tropes Super Weight as part of the main plot. So it's less "more dangerous" and more "a dangerous thing is more likely to get out."

The admins are not nearly powerful enough to invoke AU loops with any regularity. And they cannot permanently introduce foreign elements. They locked down the Doctor Who verse as Read Only ((NO LOOPERS FROM THERE PERIOD)) because of all the time travel.

As for the fandom issue... well, Doctor Who has a large fandom, and we locked that down. And most "fanfics" for Homestuck end up being "What if these other characters played Sburb?"
  24. So? DC has characters like Anti-monitor, who's a threat to the entire multiverse all on his own. In fact, his sole goal is to destroy the multiverse. Though I suppose dealing with him was one of the first things the admins did
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.