1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.

NGE: Nobody Dies, Season 4 update/stuff thread

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by GreggHL, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Sharp Rescue ROVER

...you do realize... by saying this you've given TEHREE a significant reason to see this happen (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not of their "Reepoclypse" scenarios)

And if this happens, I'll be pointing at you angrily. Like Phoenix Wright.

Because it's better to be a friend of TEHREI than a enemy?

Just a thought.
  2. Willbyr76 My life is ruined.

That's a thing of beauty.
  3. Synapse Essence 4 and rising

As I said this morning on another board that posted it... I'd watch that movie.
  4. Twitchy Artemis Supreme Commander of Nanomagic.

Isn't that movie the Expendables
  5. Lain The New No. 2

I second this. I'd have liked to see Shinji & Yui work out their differences through another flashback (which I'm sure we're getting, in time).

Kyoko & Pieter was at quite a sweet point, really - I don't know how much further elaboration would be necessary, but it was kind of nice.

I liked the Ree's plan, after all that, was just an elaborate (and Ree-ish) way of saying "We love you!" to Asuka and Shinji. They're so lovable, in a scarily psychotic sort of way.

And as for Iruel as the mastermind behind Annoying Tank Joke(1)? It makes sense (though my money was on Kensuke). His survival did seem inevitable, and in a way that's a good thing: he's a scary-as-hell villain when he gets going. Seeing Arael whitewash/mindrape him was cathartic, though. And I have to wonder: Does Iruel have enough of a conscience to even care about being made to see his sin for himself?

I figured that experiencing the Arael mind-ray made a character at least somewhat sympathetic, by pointing out that character's flaws and making them realize the things they tried to lie to themselves about. Yet Iruel seems to make no bones about the fact that torturing someone amuses him. What could Iruel be lying to himself about, I wonder?

(1)I must say, though, that the Dinosaur Tank as a threat didn't seem particularly threatening - it was goofy, funny, and seemed more like a Ree-ish idea than anything else. Iruel (a Magnificent Bastard at that) seems like the type who'd have a bit more tact than that. Still, all for a good joke, eh?

Also:
    SO MUCH WIN!
  6. DrTempo The Doc of XOvers

Well, allow me to pick up the "Birth By Sleep" cast list:
    Terra: Shinji
    Aqua: Asuka
    Ven: Rei
    Vanitas: Kei
    Xehanort: Khil
    Eraqus: Gendo
  7. The_Reptile_ Afraid Of The Dark? Wise.

I agree with most of these except:

Vanitas - Kei. Mostly y sheer virtue of the fact that Vanitas is an unholy bastard, albeit an awesome one. Kei... isn't. As much as she'd like to be she's nowhere near Vanitas' capacity to be evil and manipulative.

Eraqus - Gendo. Gendo is a Crazy Awesome Guile Hero whose plans rarely blow up in hs face and generally has all of the facts. Eraqus was a Well Intentioned Idiot who really didn't expect outcomes he really should have. I knew within five minutes of him talking that Terra was gonna put him down.

(Well, okay. AFTER the three minutes of fangasm after realizing that was MARK FREAKIN HAMILL COMING OUT OF MY PSP SPEAKERS.)

In that regard, Eraqus is more similar to Kyoko.
  8. Amras Felagund Zwei 2.0: (not) ANGEL!

Another thing that seems to have fallen by the wayside is Mana's detailing of exactly what happened when she was fighting during Raziel's attack. What did she do in New Vegas, exactly? Are we gonna get into specifics at some point?
  9. ThePulse CANT STOP WONT STOP DON'T STOP

Hey guys, I'm ho--

Oh god.

Oh god.

Iruel created DINOSAUR TANK?

B-but...I created DINOSAUR TANK!

OH MY GOD I AM IRUEL AAAAAAAAAAAH

[spoiler]WHAT A TWEEST[/spoiler]
  10. FourthWall Local Girl Homus Everything

Man, I love me some TV Tropes, but that just sounds terrible. And a true Scotsman TV Tropes movie poster would have TV Tropers Are About To Shoot You on it.

Also, set =/= sex and Next =/= Net.

Also also, yay the best character in this fic coming back to get curbstomped. And/or help turn everyone into Tang. I'm not sure. But it's awesome.

EDIT: Oh yeah, we've got a few plot holes that need to be filled. This looks to be hitting the big Cent, so there's time to do so.
  11. Irksome Dude SAGOZO! SAGOZO!

I'd watch that.

Though they could use a-

IGUANA APC

-as well...
  12. GreggHL Engaging hilarity engine/air oscillation booster.

Word of God, time.

Iruel is not technically Iruel. The correct turn would be Iruelim- but closer to being Iruel than the other four Iruelim. He hid himself in the Reego's data and separated when they crashed, hiding in multiple MAGI while reforming.

And yes, I would like to point out that he is being mind raped on Kaworu/Tabris' orders.

I believe the trope would be Start of Darkness. Yes, Iruel is a monster, but Kaworu doing this to him is no less monstrous.

As for Pieter/Kyoko and the Ichi thing, we will get resolution to that next chapter. Several hours did pass between the scenes in Cage 3 and Shinji arriving home.
  13. The_Reptile_ Afraid Of The Dark? Wise.

So the scenario of "Tabris=Sun Droppage" is still possible?
  14. Winged Knight Crazy man with a wolf on his head.

I'm sorry. It might actually work as a start of darkness, except Iruel has absolutely nothing in him to feel sympathetic for. He's a monster, and an unrepentant one at that. Nothing's changed for him, he's still trying to hurt people. If he had survived and then just didn't try to mess with people anymore, and Kaworu dug him up from that to do this, then I would consider it a start of darkness. But he ripped himself out of the Reego, causing pretty major damage, and then snuck in Dinosaur Tank to mess with the cast. And he implied that he was going to do more before he was yanked into Angel chatroom.

So, yeah, to me at least this feels like a just punishment for a creature that just doesn't stop trying to hurt people.
  15. ThySelf Just one more thing, good sir...

^^^ He Meant for Kaworu, not Iruel.
  16. Winged Knight Crazy man with a wolf on his head.

I know that and apologize. I should have been clearer. It's just that Kaworu's doing just doesn't seem like start of darkness to me. It seems like punishing a monster who has shown he's still a threat and willing to go on being one while he smiles and laughs at the misfortune he causes other people.
  17. The_Reptile_ Afraid Of The Dark? Wise.

Yeah, the thing is you'd e surprised how many Starts of Darkness begin like that.

Or have we all forgotten about Light Yagami?
  18. Winged Knight Crazy man with a wolf on his head.

It's a good point, but Light also had book that messes with minds and Ryuk...
  19. Wait a sec.

One; Other four Iruelim?

Two; What about Mana's story of whatever happened with Spencer?
  20. GreggHL Engaging hilarity engine/air oscillation booster.

One: We've already met the other four Iruelim; Una, Dua, Tres, and Ivy. The Reego are data entities, but their mental imprints are patterned after Rei and Go-kun.

Two: That's next chapter.
  21. Synapse Essence 4 and rising

That's the thing...Being a monster to acceptable targets don't make you less monstrous.
  22. Winged Knight Crazy man with a wolf on his head.

But is the action really monstrous?

Iruel's crimes are, as we have seen:

1. The horrific torture of minors. The fact that he was getting a kick out of it is just icing on the cake.

2. The attempt to kill said minors via use of previously mentioned torture.

3. The destruction of Naoko Akagi from the Magi.

4. Multiple attempts for the destruction of Tokyo 3 and all of its inhabitants.

5. Ripping himself away from the Reego and leaving them to die.

6. Sending in Dinosaur Tank to cause harm under the guise of Rei's scenario.

We have punishments in the legal system ranging from enforced community service to death in the extreme cases. Criminals are considered acceptable targets for these punishments, the punishment ranging on how bad the crime was. We, in several modern societies, have pretty much institutionalized systems to determine acceptable targets to punish in ways that could be considered monstrous.

I'll say right now that, yes, there are differences between a comparison of justice systems to what Kaworu's doing, but hear me out. Iruel is obviously unrepentant and willing to continue causing harm to other people, and who is better to give judgement over an Angel than the other Angels? Could it not be considered a just punishment for someone who obviously won't stop trying to harm everything and everyone around him?
  23. Synapse Essence 4 and rising

That's exactly what I'm talking about. That list of yours make him an acceptable target. But that still means Tabris is ordering a can of mindrape. It's a Bad Thing no matter how much the target deserves it.
  24. condonzack I'm so sorry

kaworu's real start of darkness came earlier: when he enslaved what was left of Zeruel. Tabris may seem nice, but deep down he deserves the title of Kei's boyfriend
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.