1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.

NGE: Nobody Dies, Season 4 update/stuff thread

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by GreggHL, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foe Tohn Void Where Prohibited

If all that's happening is Iruel/The Iruelim is having his protective cover of self-constructed lies stripped away, then I don't really object. From what it sounds like though he is going to be forced to become a tool of Tabris and Arael's plans by forceful re-writing of parts of his mind. Now, keep in mind, the Angels may view this differently than we humans do, it could possibly be like the [spoiler]Geth[/spoiler] in ME2, where [spoiler]re-writing the Heretic faction is the 'moral' thing to do by their standards, rather than killing them.[/spoiler] This is a complicated issue, doubly so because we're dealing with decidedly inhuman participants.
  2. Actually, by killing Mark-06, Tabris' soul would become complete again... Think about it.

And ya know what? I think I'd approve of Kaworu becoming Kei's baby-daddy! ^_^

People seem to forget that the Ree did a more physical version of what Arael is doing, and we all cheered.
  3. Winged Knight Crazy man with a wolf on his head.

Indeed. It's one of the reasons I mentioned that this is probably the only instance an Angel has been judged so by his kin. I think this may be the first time this has happened in their entire species, though with how unique they all are I use that term loosely.

And again, it appears some form of due process occurred. So it's not like Kaworu is the sole responsibility for this. I believe they all think Iruel might be more biddable and cooperative once they've peeled away his self-delusional lies.

And furthermore, in my human opinion, I think Iruel should be killed.
  4. Techlology I have to dig.

For me, the only reason why I want Iruel to still be alive is so that he can die a worse death.
  5. also to consider is that the angels are determined by their nature

Tabris is the angel of free will. of all the angels, he's the only one who 'gets' humanity without being 'reduced' to an -ilm, etc.

For tabris to so remorselessly strip away another living creature's very being, to him, should be unthinkable

lets put it this way: Zeruel's horrified at what tabris has done here
  6. Techlology I have to dig.

Could it be? Tabris is slipping into a Well Meaning Extremist? Or an Anti-Hero?
  7. Winged Knight Crazy man with a wolf on his head.

The way you phrased that makes me think that Zeruel's more terrified by Tabris going against his nature than anything else.
  8. ThePulse CANT STOP WONT STOP DON'T STOP

...So...Tabris is going Mad with Power.

...It makes sense at least. Wait for the power before you go mad. Have you ever gone mad without power? It's boring. Nobody listens to you.
  9. Whiteagle The Guardian of Freedom

Wait... what?

Yeah, kind of have to agree with Wing on this one guys.

I mean, if Kaworu is suppose to be showing signs of "Turning to the Darkside", it probably be more effective if he wasn't committing carthatically "Evil" acts on beings who deserve it.

...Wait, wasn't Arael's MIND CRUSH explained as beaming raw truth at someone?

And even if she is using it to "Reprogram" Iruel... IT'S IRUEL!!!

He's an Angelic version of a Sociopath and this is probably the Angelic version of Rehabilitation.

Ummm... Gregg...

If it walks like Iruel, if snarks like Iruel, if it comes across as a complete and total asshole like Iruel, then, as far as your readers are concerned, IT'S IRUEL!!!

I mean, if you wanted to play this up as an irredeemably horrific act, then you probably should have spent some time developing this Iruelim as something other then a direct carbon copy of its' progenitor.

Seriously Gregg, this just comes across as you trying to force Kaworu into the "Villain" role when at worst he's an Anti-Hero.

You can't really call it a "Start of Darkness" until you hurt someone who didn't have it coming and, even then, he could get a "What the Hell Hero" to bring him back from the brink.
  10. ThePulse CANT STOP WONT STOP DON'T STOP

Huh...I think I have an idea of how the next few chapters will play out.

Okay, get this. Armasiel announces that he is willing to commu--

HELLO SPACEBATTLERS.

LOOK AT YOUR MEME. NOW LOOK AT ME. NOW BACK AT YOUR MEME. NOW BACK TO ME.

SADLY, YOUR MEME ISN'T ME. BUT IF IT STOPPED WAITING FOR PEOPLE TO FINISH THEIR SENTENCES AND BASHED THROUGH WALLS, IT COULD BE AS RESILIENT AS ME.

LOOK DOWN. BACK UP. WHERE ARE YOU? YOU'RE ON A TANK, WITH THE MEME YOUR MEME COULD BE AS JAZZY AS.

WHAT'S IN YOUR HAND? BACK AT ME. I HAVE IT. IT'S A DISCLAIMER ON MY HULL READING "PROPERTY OF IRUEL INCORPORATED." LOOK AGAIN. THE DISCLAIMER IS NOW JAZZ.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOU INTERRUPT THE NARRATIVE AND HAVE JAZZY MUSIC.

I'M A DINOSAUR.

DEEDOO-NEEEENERNEEEEE-DEEDOO-NEEEENERNEEEE
  11. Foe Tohn Void Where Prohibited

That would be more like a major step towards the Moral Event Horizon, the Start of Darkness is the place where we see the character start to take steps towards the "evil" side of the morality scale, they could still be a hero, not even an anti-hero yet, but if they do end up crossing the line to villain territory this is the event you can point to and say "here's where it went wrong (or right)". Right now only Gregg (possibly Kreuz) could say that this is Kaworu's Start of Darkness, because that specifically refers to the events in a post-villainification light, usually as a prequel. We throw trope names around a lot here, and it's easy to start applying them too generally.

Unrelated:

Dinosaur Tank is dead, in-story because it got killed by a giant owl, and as a meme because we're all tired of it. It doesn't need to be exhumed and toyed around with, that's just messed up.
  12. ThePulse CANT STOP WONT STOP DON'T STOP

B-but...

He was my first meme... :(

He was my baaaa~aabyyyy!
  13. FourthWall Local Girl Homus Everything

Canon!Gendo: "Do you want to get him back? I can help you."
  14. Unreluctant Loitering with Intent

And now it's time to let the baby grow up and go out in the world, to see if he can survive on his own...
  15. biodude711 Solidarity

"The Simpsons Movie" quote?
  16. Whiteagle The Guardian of Freedom

*Facepalm.*

Guh... that would imply that Gregg is forcing Kaworu into the roll of a "Villain" when he has shown no real motivation FOR such behavior and therefore the whole thing comes across as a ham-handed attempt to create "MELODRAMA".

...Please Gregg, tell me you are not going to make Kaworu a villain just for the sake of "MELODRAMA"...
  17. ThePulse CANT STOP WONT STOP DON'T STOP

*sniff* You're right...it's time for him to leave the nest I guess...

...Lets have one final send off for him, though.

*Music begins playing, a somber, touching version of the Dinosaur Tank theme*

Oooh~

...When another day goes by,

There isn't a moment where your not on my mind,

And though I see, the world is calling your name,

I wish you could stay with me, safe from those cruel games...

But every stage must have its end,

And a goodbye comes with every friend...

But we need to get UP and say,

If just for one day

That we can face every obstacle coming our way,

I'll be here...

By your side...

And though you cant FEEL it now,

I know, no matter how

You will pass every challenge with pride...

You're a true, Reptilian Super-Ranked...

You're a War Machine, the spirit of Flank...

You're a true Blue-and-Green Di-no-sa~aur Tank...
  18. Synapse Essence 4 and rising

What is it with people trying to make mindrape "not bad" because the roach deserves it? The two things are not dependent on each other.
  19. Whiteagle The Guardian of Freedom

Probably because it's more of a "Shoot the Dog" moment then a "Kick the Dog" one...
  20. GreggHL Engaging hilarity engine/air oscillation booster.

I don't qualify what Kaworu is doing as 'villainous' or 'evil.' He's doing what is necessary. We've always known him to be kind of clueless.
  21. Whiteagle The Guardian of Freedom

OH THANK GOODNESS!!!

You had me worried there when you used the term "Start of Darkness"...

It had me thinking you were going to take our favorite Well Intentioned Extremist and turn him "EVIL!"
  22. AmIADream A mere figment

Eh. I don't really consider Kaworu's actions to be evil. And I'm too out of it to give an argument, so instead I will play This music and hope you ignore me until I get into good enough condition.
  23. Techlology I have to dig.

Yeah, for a moment there I thought we're going to end up with a Goth Kaworu...

*shudders*
  24. GreggHL Engaging hilarity engine/air oscillation booster.

Kaworu's always been one to go to extremes. Look at his pursuit of Rei. It's just that he's always had a calming influence in Annette or Uri. Now he has Zeruel.
  25. Whiteagle The Guardian of Freedom

Uhhh... Gregg...

I know she might not be the best of restraints...

...But what about Kei?

And... ummm... what kind of extremes are we talking about?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.