1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.

NGE: Nobody Dies (the dedicated update/stuff thread)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by GreggHL, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmIADream A mere figment

Speaking of which, am I the only one that thought Rei reminded them of This?
  2. Stavaros_Arcane All Arguments invalidated.

Probably yes...

Oh in that case...

um, er, okay then the outcome of the fight becomes situational. It sounds like Alma had to work her way up the food chain before noming any great old ones so if she was facing ADAM in a fight she would need to have eaten at least up to the migou to be able to fight on equal terms. After eating Cthulu she might have the advantage, but it is still difficult to call, especially since she may not be able to consume ADAM since he's not from that dimension.

It would also depend on whether ADAM had just been through one of the events that hurt him/limited his power.

and how pissed off he is at the moment.
  3. GreggHL Engaging hilarity engine/air oscillation booster.

Okay, so when they faced ADAM in chapter 16 and 17, ADAM was about maybe 5-10% of His actual power. He's been tortured for seventeen years, He's just woken up and regained a mobile body. Still, His presence disables the Evangelions before they can overcome, and He wipes the floor with Unit 01, even in level 7 functionality and it takes a literal plot device to stop Second Impact 2.0.

When they encounter him in the Dirac, he's at about 50% of His total ability. There, He destroys a FUCKING PLANET. He wipes the floor with the Migou and Moloch, is unfased by being at the center of a collapsing EOE Earth, may have survived an infinite number of S2 organs detonating in His face.

We have yet to see ADAM at full power.
  4. James Freeman New guy

... oh shit.

Though this brings up another question: how does Zeruel's power compare, percentage-wise?
  5. Willbyr76 My life is ruined.

Noted and troped. Also, I'm digging The Akagi Files.
  6. AmIADream A mere figment

... This'll be fun.
  7. Stavaros_Arcane All Arguments invalidated.

So Alma versus ADAM is even more situational as at half power he can go head to head with Cthulhu (granted a somewhat groggy and sleepy but no doubt cranky Cthulhu but still a big deal.). Alma at some point apparently ate the great old ones. If they were both at 100% of their potential killatude, it really doesn't matter because there would not be a universe, maybe not even a multiverse, left to see who's still standing.

I'd still place money on ADAM. Because even if he starts round one at lower power he will be back for a round two. and if the enemy survives a round three. and so on. each time more powerful and pissed off than the last.

and that is why his name is in all capitals, as in "OH SHIT ITS ADAM!"

plus we saw Alma (at least a version of Alma) is vulnerable to being hit by a van and to tire irons. granted they were divine, eldritch tire irons and van but still.

EDIT: and since Zeruel is second to ADAM I'd say he's at least at the level we've see ADAM at so far. something like: Zeruel= 50-75% of ADAM at full strength.
  8. The D Toucan Ambassador

Obviously the only one who can take on ADAM at full power is Lilith, she is a progenitor, has her own moon and her own lance, that points to power equal to ADAM, but of course there is the fact that touching each other can cause third impact, still i have hopes for such epic battle.

Now imagine if you will, ADAM's body taken over by Kihl's mind, sweet dreams
  9. Stavaros_Arcane All Arguments invalidated.

ADAM is essentially an angry God. the last thing we need is an evil genius manipulative bastard, wielding the power of an angry god.
  10. No-Brand Hero Heroicus Genericus

Lilith's lance was destroyed in the First Impact. The one pinning her to the cross is ADAM's.

And there's plenty of things that can take on ADAM at full power...like all the other ADAMs out there. It's not like he (or Lilith for that matter) is a unique entity after all :D
  11. Well, if you want to be technical, Alma's already 'dead'. She still exists as a psychic/spiritual/'other' entity nonetheless.

Still, it would be epic.

ADAM x Alma OTP!

Not surprised. Still terrified.
  12. TheFourthman Stranger in a strangeland

Oh God.. FEAR2 flashback!
  13. Barricade A Perfectly Elegant ZA WARUDO!

"Mommy?"
  14. Machina Ex Deus Nightmare Brony

15. TheFourthman Stranger in a strangeland

16. AmIADream A mere figment

Tempted to watch those episodes. The only thing preventing me from watching them is that I can't stand the Ninth Doctor. Don't really know why.
  17. No-Brand Hero Heroicus Genericus

That's kinda the point of the whole Scenario, actually. ADAM is only HALF an angry God, after all. He's all power, no intelligence. Sure, he can blow up a planet or two, but he's not going to be able to whip out a counter to your clever plots beyond the Brute Force method. That's why the union of ADAM and LILITH is forbidden, after all. When you combine the two, you get Power AND Knowledge in the same package, and that would be a threat to the Sufficiently Advanced Aliens who created them in the first place.
  18. GreggHL Engaging hilarity engine/air oscillation booster.

19. shanejayell Rebel without a Pause

OOOOH.

^____^

Cool fight, but I almost think the Asuka/Yui scene was more important.

Also, how much is this going to blow up in their faces if Shinji finds out Yui AND Asuka decieved him?
  20. biodude711 Solidarity

I second that opinion. I mean, I can understand Yui lying to Shinji to protect him, but ASUKA?! If he finds out that Asuka deceived him, it can severely hurt their relationship and their trust. And thats something nobody wants to happen.
  21. AmIADream A mere figment

Oooooooh...

Well, I'm looking forward to how everything is going to turn out.
  22. Foe Tohn Void Where Prohibited

It would probably help if Yui talks to him about it first, without him finding out on his own; that way she can explain everything to him and let him know that she asked Asuka not to tell him. He'll still probably get upset, but definitely not as much.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Adam and Allison. This could lead to important developments, especially with the possibility of Ichi getting a human body, after the Angels are all dealt with and they don't need the Evas of course. Maybe Zwei will get a dog body.
  23. Aleph Solidarity

Sometime later, you can explain to me how the thought of a Lilith just as potentially powerful as ADAM, directed along her lines of thought instead, is a comforting one.
    Cause right now, I'm kinda rigid with terror at the thought of what she would be capable of if she ever broke free.
    ...they're going to end up fighting her when she breaks free, aren't they? Probably for a season finale.
    Most awesome. Most intriguing. Most- wait, we STILL haven't found out exactly what directly caused Naoko's death from anyone other than Yui...
    In other words, once again the issue has been addressed, revealed a little more... and still not fully shown. Why, it would take some sort of literary genius to-
    LANDSMAAAAN!!!
  24. AmIADream A mere figment

I'm looking forward to how they'll react to Rei. That should be interesting.
  25. biodude711 Solidarity

I totally agree with you. But knowing Yui, the probability of her telling Shinji the absolute truth about what really happened is somewhere between "A snowball's chance in Hell" and "When Hell freezes over".

Still, Yui is playing a very dangerous game here. One that could possibly end very badly for everyone involved.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.