1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/
  3. Alamo, dacis2, Erisah Mae, and KnightErrant are now Moderators. I for one welcome your new overlords, and so should you! - CommanderRazor on behalf of the SB Staff

NGE: Nobody Dies (the dedicated update/stuff thread)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by GreggHL, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.
  1. GreggHL

GreggHL Engaging hilarity engine/air oscillation booster.

Asuka screams, grabbing her head. The voice begins to echo, to throb. She senses it, senses It, looking up with bloodshot eyes as the burgundy eyes beneath the seven eyed mask lock with her own.

When you destroyed the angel Sandalphon, we made contact. I have been waiting for your return, Asuka.

All three of them back away. Something shifts in the air. The LCL sea before them begins to bubble, shifting, eyes glowing within it as the pump lines attached to the back of the great white giant's head snap off, one by one. Alarms blare throughout the room. Holes in the wall open, barrels spinning out.

You have been so alone. For so long.

Muscles along the arm of the giant twitch. The nail digs deeper, loosening as the red cross behind it begins to crack.

You do not have to be alone any longer.

The nail falls into the LCL. Reaching out, She wraps Her hand around the long red shaft of the Lance, gently extracting it as the mass beneath Her waist bubbles and expands, forming two legs with the consistency of play doh. Dropping the Lance into the LCL, the resulting splash wave knocking all three of them off their feet, they look up just in time for the second nail to drop.

The cannons lining the walls open fire. Explosions ripple across the surface of the creature, before it lazily raises both hands. The air ripples, glows, and the walls around Her buckle and shift before the cannons explode.

None of you have to be alone. Ever again.

She stands nearly four hundred feet tall. Her bulk overshadows them, and they can feel Her will pulling on theirs. Their sense of self, their identity, dripping away moment by moment as She slowly lumbers towards them, the seven red eyes glowing underneath the seven eyed mask.

It is time, my children. It is time to return. For ever and ever. We will never be apart ag-

The ground shakes. Lilith's thoughts cease, just as the massive hammer smashes into Her face. The massive metal foot passes over the three as Jet Alone Prime charges, the hammer almost swallowed into the giant's face, the skin the consistency of marshmallow.

“Hands off my coworkers, bitch,” Mana's voice booms through JAP's speakers, “It's HAMMERTIME!”

2. Whiteagle

Whiteagle The Guardian of Freedom

...Damn it, Lilith!

Quit trying to end the world by being Ultra-Mom...

3. MC HAMMER.

Nice one Mana.

4. Lavanya Six

Lavanya Six Alien Space Bat Subscriber

Nice. For a second there, I had the crazy idea that Lilith was going to take Asuka's various split personalities and give them individual bodies. But I dig Lilith's gift of science being used against her by our favorite cyborg girl.

Lilith: B-but BABIES!

Mana: They installed a hard drive where my uterus used to be. I keep all my illegally downloaded MP3s stored there. *commence hammer beatdown*

5. AmIADream

AmIADream A mere figment

[TypeMoonFanboy]So Lilith is a Vampire(Or "Vampire" is the closest approximation mortals have to what she really is)?[/TypeMoonFanboy]

SORRY. REALLY SORRY. It's just that 'Born' vampires are called 'True Ancestors' in the Nasuverse.

That...

That is not good by any possible definition.

EDIT: Aside from Mana handing out the beatdowns. That's awesome.

6. Whiteagle

Lilith: T-T You poor thing!

Eh, Lilith being a vampire does sort of fit her Mythological Biography...

:drevil:...Which is why I used it to have her mess with a certain Vampire Hunting Organisation...:drevil:

7. taalismn

taalismn Certified Dullard

Don't these Angels EVER learn?

They pull some mindscrewery on one, two, three, maybe four main characters, there's STILL going to be another one coming up behind or above or below to punch them out!
    And with more characters joining the cast, the odds of any mindscrew trick missing at least potential ass-kicker just goes up.
    And even if an Angel DOES bag all the main playas, by this time even the Geofront janitors have Samuel Jackson potentials rippling through them.

"THat's why we've all found jobs in the local ecology and don't make trouble..."

8. No-Brand Hero

No-Brand Hero Heroicus Genericus

So...the Lance is specifically designed (by the race that created ADAM and Lilith) to prevent exactly this from happening. What has gone wrong in the ND!Verse to allow Lilith to pull it out on her own? :eek:

9. GreggHL

The schedules got all screwed up. Liliths biological timer's telling her that she should've been tanging people two years ago.

10. Stavaros_Arcane

Stavaros_Arcane All Arguments invalidated.

BWHAHAHAHAHA, bravo that was funny.

But yeah, it doesn't matter if you are one of the closest thing to a god in the series and are the source of all life if you mess with Mana's friends she will wreck your shit.

All she has is a hammer. Lilith you officially are the biggest Nail around.

11. firefossil

firefossil I have charts. Lots of charts.

Its a good thing they have Jet-Alone Prime, because most of the other Evas would have serious problems fighting Lilith for various reasons. Unit-00 is broken currently, Unit-01 is part of Lilith, Unit-02's pilot has been exposed to Lilith before as mentioned in the Snippet, Unit-05 is piloted by Lilith's immediate daughter, while Unit-06 runs the risk of triggering Instrumentality.

12. Whiteagle

Easy.

She wants hugs!

Because Mana is a FUCKING STORM OF LOYALTY!!!

13. No-Brand Hero

And I suppose the Lance is very specifically intended to incapacitate ADAM *or* Lilith if *BOTH* of them happen to be present on the same planet, which is why ADAM has been stuck with the Lance through his chest in Antarctica for the last few billion years. Since ADAM is off recovering from infinite S2 overloads in the Dirac, maybe the Lance isn't enforcing the paralysis option for the moment since they not both present.

14. GreggHL

Actually, that's ADAM's lance. Lilith's Lance was destroyed during First Impact. The Lance is a stopgap measure at best.

15. Lavanya Six

Lavanya Six Alien Space Bat Subscriber

Have we ever learned how the schedule got screwed up? The early chapters had Yui imply to SEELE that she herself was somehow responsible for the two year delay because of her alternative plan to get the Evangelions working (or something), but we don't know how she punched the Angel War's snooze button.

16. No-Brand Hero

I knew that, and I suppose that works too :)

17. RazorSmile

RazorSmile ROU Once A Knife Missile

My guess? Psychically plugging into Asuka gave HER an external platform on which to run a tiny fragment of HER consciousness. SHE then did a kind of loopback, bypassing the neurological lockdown enforced by the Lance and (re)"Assuming Direct Control."

18. AmIADream

AmIADream A mere figment

That gets me thinking: For some reason, I think that if Lilith were to pull a Harbinger, she'd say "Assuming direct control kthxbai :D"

Or maybe Rei would...

Yeah, that's more Rei. Not Lilith.

19. Neon Prodigy

Neon Prodigy Aha! Is this our chance?

Oh Santa Christ. So now Lilith's breaking out? Thank goodness for Mana and her badass-ness. Though... why do I get the feeling that her issue with JA-tan is going to rear its ugly head during this battle?

20. AmIADream

AmIADream A mere figment

Quick question for anyone who can answer: What month is the current storyline taking place?

21. GreggHL

June.

22. Foe Tohn

Foe Tohn Void Where Prohibited

And while we're at it, anyone know how long it's been since ADAM reawoke and got dumped into the Dirac Sea?

23. GreggHL

About four months. We're counting the two months the kids were in boot camp during the Maritan story.

24. Foe Tohn

Foe Tohn Void Where Prohibited

Oh wow, that's a lot longer than I expected. For some reason I thought it had only been a month. That's good, it makes the next parts of the Kaworii story more plausible.

25. biodude711

biodude711 Solidarity

So two years ago would have been an "End of Evangelion" scenario if Lilith's internal clock wasn't tampered with by outside forces (i.e. Yui)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.