1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/
  3. Alamo, dacis2, Erisah Mae, and KnightErrant are now Moderators. I for one welcome your new overlords, and so should you! - CommanderRazor on behalf of the SB Staff

NGE: Nobody Dies (the dedicated update/stuff thread)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by GreggHL, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.
  1. BadHabits

BadHabits Bad Puppy

Yeah, I saw that quote on the TVTropes Badass Boast page and loved it, but I was thinking the lines "There is nothing we cannot kill. There is nothing we cannot destroy." should also find their way in somehow. It describes humanity to a T although it isn't a complete description.

2. Maybe something involving the daichotomy of Human nature.

"There is nothing we cannot kill, nor is there anything we find more precious than life."

Not very poetic, but something like that.

3. BadHabits

BadHabits Bad Puppy

Given that it's a Badass Boast, I think softening it like that is kind of counterproductive. But that's me.

4. Actually, I feel that-if done right-adding something soft to a list of hard stuff can actually emphasize the hard stuff even more.

5. Lavanya Six

Lavanya Six Alien Space Bat Subscriber

Here's a crack at a boast by humanity:

We are.

Through License of our own damn selves.

We create.

We destroy.

We create anew.

We are the eye that follows the course and the aim of the stars, the ear that hears the tree fall in the forest, the hand that builds the gun, the voice that sings the song.

You Angels cannot stop us.

Because all you of Heaven are idiots!

WE ARE THE HUMAN RACE.

Get out of the f__king way!

6. BadHabits

BadHabits Bad Puppy

Crack-ish maybe, but I think it's a good boast.

7. Not bad, however I'd throw in a bit about how Humanity is awesome in the way we can actually be prepared for things that haven't happened yet... makes a Gendo badass boast come to mind.

Through License of she who is called "I know", I saw you.

I need not even move to destroy you, for I lead many.

You will not advance beyond that line, from Alpha to Omega I am prepared.

I am the Husband of Yui, and Commander of NERV.

I am Gendo Ikari.

I saw you coming...

And I put Rei right in your path.

In this instance she who is called "I know" can either refer to Lilith or Yui, probably Yui... the last line in unnecessary, but the humor of it stood out too strongly to leave it out.

8. Chaos Blade

Chaos Blade Procrastinating Writer

Still seems very in line of what the Human Boast should be

9. I just had a very scary thought so would someone please reassure me that T!Rei is not, in any way, a Yaoi fangirl.

Sqeee + "Hee~eey..." is a very scary concept. As is the fact that the Ree would make up their own Horde o' Fangirls

So someone, please please PLEASE reassure me here.

10. Whiteagle

Whiteagle The Guardian of Freedom

Well as I always say to reassure myself and others about the infinite possibility of the Multi-verse, "Thank the Creator that you're not in some badly written Yaoi Fan-Fiction."

11. I am noting a conspicuous lack of denial:eek:

12. Stavaros_Arcane

Stavaros_Arcane All Arguments invalidated.

Reassurance is self-delusion. there is nothing She who shines with rays of terror cannot or will not do. abandon hope for there is none to be found. Pray, pray in vain that your nightmares shall not be made into cruel reality for there is naught else that you may do.
    ----------------------

well actually T!Rei probably not a Yaoi fan girl. thats far too mundane for Rei. Her preferences are probably much more disturbing.

13. BadHabits

BadHabits Bad Puppy

I actually don't think Rei cares too much about those kinds of things so long as her friends and family are "happy." The Ree on the other hand...

14. Hectonkhyres

Hectonkhyres Seething with increasing levels of bitterness.

I wish I could reassure you... but it seems that only Primary Rei is mostly asexual, focusing almost purely on more, ahem, flashy aspects of existence. The others, even if they don't give a damn about thrusting pelvic action, seem to take a wee bit too much joy out of other vaguely sexual-ish activities. Particularly in regards to their brother.

If Shinji wasn't so damn good at escape-and-evade tactics we would no doubt find him dressed in a Victorian English gown with catgirl ears superglued to his head and a prosthetic tail jammed up his ass. As a minimum with the assumption that they were stopped before they got too inventive as apparently occurred with Kensuke. The whole affair would, of course, be posted on youtube.

Run, Shinji. Run.

15. EarthScorpion

EarthScorpion Fell on His Sword

*tuts in a disappointed manner*

No, no. We need style. We need arrogance. We need humanity as an eldritch abomination in its own right.

Pleased to be of service.

WE ARE.

THROUGH DESCENT OF SHE WHO IS CALLED "I THINK" WE ARE BORN.

THOUGH SIX BILLION FEET POUND THE BASE EARTH, WE ARE AS ONE.

WE ATE FROM THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE AND STAND AGAINST THE PROGENY OF THE TREE OF LIFE.

WE ARE MANY, AND YET WE ARE UNITED.

THROUGH OUR DEEDS, SHALL FLESH AND MACHINE AND MIND UNITED STRIKE DOWN THOSE WHO OPPOSE OUR BILLIONS OF SELVES.

LET OUR WORDS SPLIT ATOMS, AND CALL FORTH THE PRODUCE OF THE BASE EARTH TO SERVE US, AND ONLY US.

WE ARE THE KILLERS OF ANGELS

AND THOSE WHO WE SPARE SHALL BECOME ONLY TOOLS IN OUR SERVICE.

WE ARE THE FINAL ANGEL.

WE ARE THE LILIM.

CHILDREN OF LILITH, MOTHER OF MONSTERS, WHO SHOW THEIR MOTHER NO MORE MERCY THAN ANY OTHER ANGEL.

WE ARE LEGION.

AND WE ARE WAITING.

You know, I think Wuffles shouldn't have drunk all that beer, if he's going to have nightmares like the one above...

Note that I'm taking the population losses in Second Impact into account, when I give numbers.

Bulldog18 and pheonix89 like this.

16. i am.

By my own license, i am

this planet is mine to protect

those who oppose me, tremble

those who stand beside me, be afraid

i am the rei

horror of the day

terror of the night

i come for you

17. Willbyr76

Willbyr76 My life is ruined.

:eek:

If the awesome in this could be distilled, it would crush the American beer and bourbon industries overnight.

18. And this leads to my favorite evangelion crossover: the one where they get to say that to the foolish alien invaders.

Saying it to The Race would be hilarious

19. Hectonkhyres

Hectonkhyres Seething with increasing levels of bitterness.

I AM THE WALRUS. GOO GOO GAJOO.
    Wait. Can we have do-overs?
    Dammit, this is the last time I let Rei make the cue cards. Any of them.

20. Whiteagle

Whiteagle The Guardian of Freedom

...A[SIZE="-2"]wesome[/SIZE].

...For some reason... I feel this is in need of the line, "In the Name of the Moon, I shall Punish YOU!"

21. Barricade

Barricade A Perfectly Elegant ZA WARUDO!

While not in the same line of thought, this works as well:

Adapt. Evolve. And most importantly, assimilate.

When man looked out onto the world, he did not question how to make himself belong to it - he asked how to make it belong to him.

The first of what would soon be countless of animals we tamed was the canine. In it, we saw strength, ferocity, and loyalty. But we didn't hunch to all fours and growl at them, no - we took the canine and put into them something of our own selves. We took the wolf and made them, in the smallest way, human. We gave them names and identities where they had none. And we trained them to understand full subordination. The canine learned to give up it's life for the human.

We walked our planet, discontent with what we had. We adapted to the harshest of environments, living in places the non-humans would deem "unlivable," and doing it with the crudest of technologies. We evolved to this task further, to walk across any land and live. Not just live, but flourish. And we assimilated. We were not nurtured by our planet, but instead nurtured it. We taught our crops to grow according to our whims. We allowed the animals to learn how best to live in servitude under us, so that they might advance their own destiny aside ours, by our wishes. Even in our religions, we forged gods not of the plants, but of ourselves. The oldest religions claim we were made in God's image, but now we know the truth - we made Him in ours.

Remember this, soldiers, when you leave this academy. This is our heritage. This is what it means to be human. The other races are content on borrowing their planets. We own them. That is our destiny - to walk alien lands, tame them, and make them ours.

22. Barricade

*Stands up to perfect attention, and snaps off a salute that would bring a tear to the most hardcore bastard badass of drill sergeants*

God I love to be human.

23. Barricade

Holy crap, who put Humanity's boast up already in the Badass Boasts page?? That was fast.

24. EarthScorpion

EarthScorpion Fell on His Sword

Hmm.

I AM.

THROUGH DESCENT AND LICENCE OF SHE WHO IS CALLED "I THINK", I EXIST.

I WALK ON THE BASE EARTH, BECAUSE, YOU KNOW, IT'S EASIER THAN FLYING, AND LITTLE MOTHER KINDA TELLS ME OFF FOR DOING THAT TOO MUCH.

I AM BUT ONE OF EIGHT, AND WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN YOU. YES, ALL OF YOU. OH, YOU WANT TO ARGUE? GREAT! I WAS KINDA BORED ANYWAY, AND FIGHTIN' IS FUN!

OH, COME ON! STAND UP. IT WASN'T AS IF YOU REEEEEEALY NEEDED ALL THAT BLOOD, RIGHT?

SO IT DOESN'T MATTER I PUNCHED IT OUT, RIGHT?

WHERE WAS I?

OH, RIGHT.

I HAVE PUNCHED THE ANGEL OF THUNDER IN THE SOUL.

I AM A GOD TO A CHILD OF ADAM.

I HAVE A TURNIP.

I AM REI.

I AM ZERO.

AND I WILL KILL YOU ALL.

UNLESS I LIKE YOU, RIGHT. OR LITTLE MOTHER TELLS ME NOT TO, AND I CAN'T THINK OF A WAY OF GETTING HER TO NOT FIND OUT. AND THAT'S REEEEALY HARD, YOU KNOW.

25. Sounds about right...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.