1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/

NGE: Walking in the Shadow of Dreams (revised)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by GreggHL, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 14 days old.
  1. biodude711

biodude711 Solidarity

Thank you.
    (Kind of figured it out right after I added my post.)

2. NeoSeether

NeoSeether Time Diver

Are you really not seeing the issues here?

Shinji and Hikari had a night of activity six years ago. Her older daughter is five.

She wasn't hooked up with Touji at that point, unless it was within three months of that night.

Do the math.

EDIT: Ninja-ed. Damn.

3. biodude711

biodude711 Solidarity

Thanks.
    Goddamn fridge logic, always coming up with answers at the least opportune moment.

4. Techlology

Techlology I have to dig.

Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oooooooooh shit.

5. Arujei

Arujei Manens ob diem Irae

Daaaaaaaamn now THAT'S a twist right there.

6. Willbyr76

Willbyr76 My life is ruined.

If there was ever a point at which a record scratch sound needed to be inserted, it's now. That's a helluva twist...also, was the ambiguity about whether she argued with her girlfriend or boyfriend intentional?

Now, something just occurred to me. Does Asuka (child) favor Shinji in any way, and if she does, how the hell has Toji not noticed?

7. Maybe it was Pat?

[​IMG]

8. Willbyr76

^^^
    I'd say Hikari would have much better taste than that...and maybe Shinji would too. ;) :p

9. NeoSeether

NeoSeether Time Diver

Looking things over, the odds of Shinji being Ariel's father are rather... astronomically low.

If both Aya and Ariel are both five years old at this point... the pool of suspects for the father (or genetic donor) have gone up a lot.

EDIT: Word of God has stated Aya is the older daughter, not Asuka-chan.

10. Willbyr76

^^^
    It's a slim possibility, to be sure, but it's not completely out of the question...it's all a matter of timing and how long Hikari's pregnancy was. Of course, ultimately it all depends on Gregg's say-so.

The trope page has been updated.

11. The D

The D Toucan Ambassador

The typo was funny.... until I read the rest of the snippet.... wow

12. Cody Fett

Cody Fett Transitional Phrase Nut

Okay, so it was Hikari, not Mana, that got Shinji's virginity. Not only that, but there's a good chance that Hikari's oldest daughter Asuka was sired by Shinji. Oh, and if that wasn't enough, it also looks like Hikari got bi-curious in the time between junior high and getting married to Toji. Great, just bloody great.

Anything else you care to drop on us like a BattleTech soucebook before we get the real deal in the chapter? . . . Because, honestly, all the WMG is quite fun. :D

13. Techlology

Techlology I have to dig.

You know maybe that wasn't Shinji's first time.

14. condonzack

condonzack I'm so sorry

How would Toji not know? Outside of denial of course.

15. stormwalker628

stormwalker628 NTR Subscriber

I think you mean tripping instead of stripping over her shoelaces in the second sentence.

Well, Shinji did just break up with a currently unnamed girlfirend just prior to some massive rebound sex with Hikari. It is entirely possible that Shinji was sexually active in that relationship as well. Hell, it could have even been Mana.

This snippet also raises another question. How long have Toji and Hikari been married? Did he marry her so she wouldn't be an unwed mother (regardless of whose father Asuka is)? Does that even have the same stigma in post-Second Impact Japan?

16. GreggHL

GreggHL Engaging hilarity engine/air oscillation booster.

Okay, so for a timeline.

When Shinji's 14, he meets Mana. Girlfriend of Steel happens, they loose contact, meet up again during senior year of high school. Shortly after that, Asuka has her blow up, Shinji spends two months in a coma. Shinji and Mana date off and on during their freshman year at college, up until the Banging of the Shinji where Mana beat 18 Ree for the honor of deflowering him.

He and Mana break up during the sophmore year. Junior year, the thing with Hikari happens. Hikari was dating Touji, had a big blow up with him, they broke up, she ends up looking for some support and talks with Shinji. Things go from there, they have a night of wild, passionate sex, then agree it was a massive mistake. She and Touji work things out, and three months later, Shinji's best man at their wedding, and nine months later, their first child, Aya, is born. Asuka's their second child.

Is Shinji Aya's father? Not saying. Hikari did do a paternity test behind Touji's back. She didn't tell anyone.

17. Forgetful

Forgetful Nuka Chemist

Oh, WHAT? Everyone gots DIRTY SECRETS.

18. The D

The D Toucan Ambassador

So another cute little girl with father unknown, the plot thickens...

19. Terrace

Terrace Insane Slacker

I see what you did there...

20. GreggHL

It's their naming scheme. First child's named after Rei, second's named after Asuka, etc.

21. NeoSeether

NeoSeether Time Diver

Waitaminute. There's something odd with the phrasing here:

Either you meant to state 'six months after the wedding', or 'nine months after the night in question', or else Hikari has one freaky-as-hell pregnancy cycle.

Assuming that there's any intent to question Aya's biological father other than Touji.

22. GreggHL

Could be either. Hikari and Touji's reconcilliation was hardly a chaste one. So, yeah, let's say that after Hikari and Shinji had their marathon whoopie night, they decided that was a bad idea, she patches things up with Touji, they have some fun, and there you go.

Now we made the situation worse. :D

23. stormwalker628

So if they have a fourth, will it be Toji Jr? (I guess they could use Suzu for a girl)

24. Neon Prodigy

Neon Prodigy Aha! Is this our chance?

I feel that an earlier comment of mine bears repeating:

Gregg Landsmen, you are an evil genius of a fanfic author.

EDIT: Actually, let me explain further. I have never read a fanfic author's work that is able to be so simultaneously laugh-out-loud hilarious, heartrendingly tragic, intriguingly dramatic, just plain silly, or flat-out fun to read as yours... and the only published author that I can think of that fits all of that is Terry Pratchett.
    Yes, I'll goddamn well compare Gregg to PTerry.
    Though, Gregg probably employs less satire...

Hmm, and for their fifth child, Kaworu is a gender neutral name so the child's gender wouldn't matter.

...Although, I wonder if they'd go that far. Or name one of their children after the 17th Angel (probably not).

25. stormwalker628

One thing that I find jarring in this latest segment, We're clearly dealing with adult characters here, but swearing is still censored. It works (and fits perfectly) in Nobody Dies, but here it seems kind of unnatural.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 14 days old.