1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/
  3. We are having a contest for a new Spacebattles Logo. Come check out the thread for more info. Prizes may be involved.
  4. We now have an official FAQ. The link is in the nav bar but can also be found directly here:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/faq/

Feel free to submit questions so it can become more thorough.

One Who Walks the Path of Night (Digimon/????)(Quest)

Discussion in 'A BROB is for you! - For all your Roleplaying Need' started by Talos, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.
  1. Talos

Talos Spatula-Proof Sorcerer

Prelude: The Final Gambit.
    Explosions shook the ground beneath your feet as you lean against the alter for support. Brushing aside the loose data that was leaking from your many wounds, you drew your cloak about yourself and tried to focus.

The Royal Knights... Digital Gods, who ever thought that the scheming of one Myotismon would attract the attention of the Royal Knights? Words could not describe the horror that you felt when you first saw them approaching. Their armour gleaming in the sun; their weapons raised for battle. Egotistic fools every one of them...but they were each at the mega level and even one would crush you before you could do so much as blink. A part of you had known that you were dead as soon as you. Part of you felt like just lying down and accepting fate. No Digimon ever had escaped from the predations of those blind followers of the World-Computer. You'd felt weak at the knees. For the first time in years, you had been helpless.

But you had refused to despair. You were Myotismon! King of the Undead Digimon. And outnumbered or not, overpowered or not you would not go quietly. With a word, you turned the weapons of your fortress on them, but it was too little. Guns designed to take down ultimate levels at best were simply deflected by the chrome-Digizoid which made up their armour. Shields intended to halt every conceivable thread were broken in seconds, every layer of defence you had so thoroughly prepared fallen before the blades of the Royal Knights. Then one of them, Crusadermon, had swept the balcony with a single attack. Every Digimon there, your entire command staff, wiped out in a single instant. Their data rising into the air to be absorbed by her. You were hit too; but it was a glancing blow. Nevertheless, that attack was responsible for your current state. A single blow not even intended for you and yet you were barely hanging onto the power of your ultimate level. Despair was a strange emotion to you. Both foreign and well-known. It was supposed to be a weapon; supposed to be something that you inflicted on others. Not something that you felt yourself! You hadn't despaired like this in a long time. Not since...

Well, no point in thinking about that time now. If this was your final battle, if this was to be your last stand you would not be founding hiding in the shadows and reminiscing about the past! With a grunt, you forced the data that made up your body back into cohesion. There were benefits to being an undead-type Digimon and one of those was that it was very hard to put you down. If you had been anything else you would surely have been destroyed as quickly as the others. But still, the Royal Knights were on their way...

“Phantomon!” You barked. “Where are you, you cloth-mouthed fool!”

“I am here, master.” The ghostly reaper Digimon faded out of the shadows. As always, his sickle carried over his shoulder. A cloak drawn up to cover his face. Your main enforcer and probably the closest that you had to a friend. Though other Digimon were now deserting you in droves rather than face the wrath of the knights, Phantomon would not abandon you. It wasn't loyalty; no that was hard to come by in virus Digimon. Rather, it was because he knew that when they were done here, the knights would quickly sweep the area. None escaped the Royal Knights. Your best, and only, chance was to find some way to stall them or to escape yourself. But how? It had seemed so clever when you made your fortress fly. A great castle suspended by constant stormclouds and armed with massive cannons that could destroy whole cities. It was to be your command centre, your base of operations. But now you realized that you had let your ego get the best of you. It was such an obvious target...how could the knights have failed to attack it?

But damn it, you never expected to have to deal with the Royal Knights!

“Master.” Phantomon said. “ We have to do something quickly. The knights are fighting their way through the fortress at an astounding rate. If we don't move now, we won't even have a ghost of a chance.”

You glare at him a second. Now is the time he decides to start with the puns? His one major vice, you consider. His love of bad puns. And now is really not the time for you to be bothered dealing with this.

“What is your command, master? Should we flee? Should we fight?”

[] “Send in everyone we have left. They won't win but while the knights are busy slaughtering them, we can make our escape.”

[] “Sound a retreat, the Knights will give chase. It may distract them long enough for us to find a way out.”

[] “Ah, Phantomon. I am glad you arrived. You see, I was caught by one of their attacks and long story short, I require more data to be healed. Your data. I'm afraid that only I will be escaping this time.” <Attempt to load his data>

[] “ What could they be here for, Phantomon? We weren't subtle, but the knights don't usually make a move unless the whole of the Digital World is in danger.”

[] Other

Now with bat-index!

Thanks to Croaker for compiling this.

Devimon's assorted Bric-a-Brac.

Bygone Days:
    Birthdays
    Graceless Rebirth

Reflections of Departed Paths
    A Duel of Ideals (Bonus Scene)

The Chosen Path
    In Which His Fortress is Pillaged
    In Which His Grand Army Falls
    In Which His Pride is Soothed
    In Which He Plays a Card Game
    In Which He Boldly Retreats
    In Which He Finds a City
    In Which He Begins His Hunt
    In Which He Finds A Wandering Waif
    In Which He Corrupts A Minor
    In Which He Finds That Too Easy
    In Which His Intern is Led Astray
    In Which He Finds a New Enemy
    In Which His Enemy is Seafood
    In Which He Takes a Nap
    In Which He Examines His Soul
    In Which He Meets His Better
    In Which He Rambles to Himself
    In Which He Discovers His Sadism
    In Which He Retains His Intern
    In Which He Represses… Everything
    In Which He Obtains a Trinket
    In Which His Friend's Fortune Takes a Nose Dive
    In Which He Gains an Ironic Home
    In Which He Interviews His Intern
    In Which He Gives On-Site Training
    In Which His Intern Meets His Friend
    In Which His Hedges are Trimmed
    In Which His Salutations are Made
    In Which He Learns Of Contracts
    In Which He Meets an Angel
    In Which His Reputation is Defended
    In Which He Makes a Lofty Exit
    In Which He Makes Promises
    In Which He Finds a Mess
    In Which His Intern Rises To The Challenge
    In Which His Intern Cleans the Toy Room
    In Which He Acts Like a Guardian
    In Which He Becomes a Storyteller
    In Which He Listens to His Spy
    In Which He Sides With the Devas
    In Which He Tangles With a Dominatrix
    In Which He Forgot the Safe Word
    In Which He is Chained and Bound
    In Which He Coughs Up Unagi
    In Which He Has a Rematch
    In Which He Learns a New Trick
    In Which His Intern is Employed Full-Time
    In Which His Dominatrix is Paid For Her Services
    In Which His Intern Isn’t Feral
    In Which He Forms a Hunting Party
    In Which He Enjoys Mutual Distrust
    In Which He Tells The Truth Called Despair
    In Which He Splits The Gang Up
    In Which He Fights His Last Round With Unagi
    In Which He Chats With the Dinner Special
    In Which He Claims the World
    In Which He- Shinryaku Shinryaku Ika Musume!
    In Which He Evaluates His Relationships
    In Which He Learns Friendship is Horrible Gribbly Squid Murder
    In Which His Party Dances with Demons
    In Which He Takes a Bath
    In Which He Is All Washed Up
    In Which He Seeks A Dryer
    In Which He Knows The Meaning of Inconceivable
    In Which He Is Outfoxed
    In Which He Brings Bad News
    In Which He Slowly Kills Urcyomon
    In Which His Snark is Underappreciated
    In Which He Chews the Scenery
    In Which His Loan Application is Approved
    In Which He Earns The Dark Knight
    In Which He Continues Choking the Life from Urcyomon
    In Which He Saves Seyiku
    In Which He Baits a Newbie
    In Which He Brings Out the Knight's Sense of Humor
    In Which He Remembers Her Name
    In Which He Has a Reunion With His Minions
    In Which His Lady is Disappoint
    In Which He States the Overobvious
    In Which He Makes His Case
    In Which He Finds a Pocketknife
    In Which His Cousin Plays With Seyiku
    In Which His Knight Joins the Party
    In Which His City is Saved From a Rampaging Dragon
    In Which His Intern is Begged to Perform Euthanasia on Urocyomon
    In Which His Intern Follows the Voices
    In Which His Intern Meets an Ex-Employee
    In Which His Ex-Employee Brags About His Other Job's Benefits
    In Which His Intern is Compared to Him Favorably
    In Which His Intern Finds a Cult of One
    In Which His Intern Practices Critical Thinking
    In Which His Intern is an Ace Attorney
    In Which His Intern Overrules the Cultist
    In Which His Ex-Employee Questions the Cultist
    In Which His Intern Plots
    In Which His Intern And Ex-Employee Trade Stories
    In Which His Intern Receives Help From The Cultist
    In Which His Intern Calls A Strategic Regrouping
    In Which His Intern Tries to Tame The Flames
    In Which His Intern Knows It Isn’t That Easy
    In Which His Fox Is Stuck in Chains
    In Which His Cultist Suffers From Foxfire
    In Which- HERESY! BLAM!
    In Which His Intern Buries Old Skeletons
    In Which He Misses a Party
    In Which He Provides His Own Unique Grief Counselling
    In Which His Desires Are Torn
    In Which He Visits A Wounded Comrade
    In Which He Meets the Blue-Haired One
    In Which He Explains Some Things But Not Others
    In Which He Gives a Gift
    In Which He Makes the World a Little More Unique
    In Which He Bat-Evolves
    In Which He Meets the Council Again
    In Which His Cousin Takes Up Art
    In Which His Cousin's Art is an Explosion
    In Which His Cousin Turns Into a Tree

2. Entilza

Entilza Forever Alone

[x] “Send in everyone we have left. They won't win but while the knights are busy slaughtering them, we can make our escape.”

3. Wander

Wander Not all those who Wander are lost

[x] “Send in everyone we have left. They won't win but while the knights are busy slaughtering them, we can make our escape.”

4. Tomsawer18

Tomsawer18 Wears no mask

5. Flamester

Flamester Lurker in the dark

[X] “Send in everyone we have left. They won't win but while the knights are busy slaughtering them, we can make our escape.”

6. Darik29

Darik29 Here, have a Cookie!

[] “ What could they be here for, Phantomon? We weren't subtle, but the knights don't usually make a move unless the whole of the Digital World is in danger.”

This, because if we know why they're here, we can divert them towards there objective, then pull a runner.

With potentially more minions than just Phantomon.

7. Wing101

Wing101 Bahala Na

[X] “ What could they be here for, Phantomon? We weren't subtle, but the knights don't usually make a move unless the whole of the Digital World is in danger.”

8. Talos

“Order a full assault.” You said, managing to conceal the pain behind your usual elegant manner. You were not going to show pain in front of anyone. “They'll be slaughtered of course, but they will buy us the time we need to flee.”

“Against the Royal Knights?” Phantomon sounded doubtful.

“They'll have to.” You growedl. “ I didn't spend years assembling this army for it to be weak. That's not to say I expect them to win, just hold long enough for us to escape. Give the order.”

“As you say, master.” Phantomon held his sickle up to eye-level and spoke softly. “Shadow-Scythe.”

A single slash and a thin line of darkness was cleaved across the air. Before your very eyes, it expanded into a window-like portal showing you the battle as it was going. Your forces were in disorder, being swamped by the power of the Royal Knights. Gallantmon, Dynasmon and Crusadermon had already slaughtered thousands and honestly you were a bit impressed that your forces had lasted this long. Even as you watched, a trio of Tankdramon were deleted in a burst of red light. A flock of Bakemon scattered desperately.

“Run away!” The leader screamed. “Too strong! Myotismon's a goner now! Save yourselves while you ca-” Abruptly, a fireball struck it from behind and it was deleted in a cloud of data. Data which was then gathered by your lieutenant and the leader of your forces.

“Anyone else who runs gets the same treatment!” He howled. “Fight together and turn them back. Or I will end you all.” The blue flames crackling around his demonic metal faceplate made him look positively terrifying. Even in the midst of battle, your forces still feared him more than the enemy. What a worthy addition to your forces. A pity that he now would be expended in your escape but your survival was worth that more than ten times over.

And Phantomon's too, you supposed.

“SkullMeramon.”

He fell to one knee as he caught sight of the portal. “Lord Myotismon. Despite my best efforts, these fools continue to fail you. The Knights encroach upon your inner sanctuary and there is very little I can do to stop them.”

“Do what you can. I am ordering all forces to your position. Those that haven't run at least. I am ordering you to hold them as long as you can. Until your last breath, SkullMeramon, do you understand me? Fail me in this, and you will wish that you had died this day. The mercy of the Royal Knights is tender indeed compared to the things that I may do to those that...displease... me.”

Despite the fact that his face was coated in metal, despite the fact that it was ringed by blue flame, SkullMeramon nevertheless appeared to blanch at the thought. Turning with renewed vigor, he practically screamed at the remnants of his forces.

“Regroup! Reinforcements are on route and don't stop fighting no matter what!”

“Sir!” A Bakemon floated into view “Gallantmon is pinned down by the corner and Dynasmon is fighting the Megadramon. But we can't find Crusadermon anywhere!”

“What?! Find her! I won't fail now!” he turns back to you. “ My lord, I swear it will be done. I swear I won't stop fighting until every one of these useless fools have given their life in your honour!”

“Very well.” You nod magnanimously. “ Die in my place, SkullMeramon or face my wrath. This is my ultimatum. Don't fail me.”

With that, Phantomon cuts the connection.

Crusadermon missing then? She was an infamous battle-seeker. Why then did she chose to leave the field of battle? It didn't make sense unless she was seeking some higher goal. With her unaccounted for, you daren't risk the normal passageways. Fortunately, when you were building this place you were smart enough to place contingencies.

“There is an old trick I learned a long time ago.” You said to Phantomon as you walked towards the wall directly behind the alter. “Never build a base that you cannot escape from.”

The wall slid aside at the push of a certain section, seemingly identical to all the rest. “ This passage will take us to the outside. Once there, we'll make our way as best we can.”

The passage beyond was dark and cramped; you'd never seriously expected that you would need it. But now you were glad that you'd had it made. At the time, you'd thought it a needless extravagance, but now it had indeed proven its worth.

“Impressive.” Phantomon commented. “We can glide about the fortress unnoticed and unheeded. Like a ghost.”

“Enough. We move.”

For the next five minutes you did so in silence. Save for the occasional far-off explosion and the cries of the wounded when the passage came too close to one of the many battlefields that were now multiplying so rapidly. The passage was complex and twisting; often branching and splitting. It ran the full length of the fortress, you could go anywhere from here.

“Why Phantomon?” You said after the silence began to seem oppressive. “ Why did they attack us so suddenly? The Knights move only against threats to the Digital World. I meant to conquer it, true but not yet. Surely they wouldn't see me as a true threat for some time....not until I achieved mega myself and was ready for them. I never planned for conflict so soon.”

“Time makes a mockery of all plans, Lord.” Phantomon said. “ But if I were to risk a suggestion, I'd say it could be down to the uh, unique pack of cards which you acquired earlier this week.”

Unique pack of cards? You feel like slapping yourself. Of course! The cards. The cards rumoured to be able to open a portal to the Real World. You acquired them at quite some expense. You had thought that no one had taken notice but obviously you were wrong. Your plans were dashed then.

“Perhaps you are right.” You conclude. “ But that doesn't mean anything. We'll rebuild from this, Phantomon. We'll rise bigger and stronger than ever before!”

“ A glorious sentiment. But ultimately futile. ” A voice from the darkness. You have the rather uncomfortable sensation of shivers crawling up your spine as the pink-armoured form of Crusadermon steps from the shadows. “Your scheming ends here, Myotismon. For threatening to breach the barriers of the worlds, and by the right of Lord Yggdrasial, I, Crusadermon, am empowered to end you.”

“Not if I can help it! Shadow Scythe!” A crescent of darkness tore itself across Crusadermon's gleaming armour. She made an irritated mutter. “ I suppose I should not have expected you to come quietly. Fist of Athena!”

The shockwave was enough to blow out the passage; exploding the walls and floor and ripping a gaping hole into the wall in which it was concealed. You tumbled backwards, back into the darkness of the passage you came from. Phantomon bravely stood his ground. Or perhaps foolishly, whatever the case, he seemsed prepared to make a fight for it.

But what should you do? To fight a mega, even with two against one wouldn't be good odds even if that mega weren't a Royal Knight and you were in perfect condition. To attempt so now is surely doom.

[] “Crusadermon, you underestimate my power. Grisly Wing!” <Make escape under cover of bats, head back the way you came and attempt an alternative route>

[] “Nightmare Claw!” <Attempt to freeze her with your technique and make your escape with Phantomon.>

[] Join in the fight proper.

[] Other

no one important likes this.
  9. fallenblades643

fallenblades643 Return to Orange

[X] “Nightmare Claw!” <Attempt to freeze her with your technique and make your escape with Phantomon.>
    Hes a cool dude and I want to keep him with us.

10. Entilza

Entilza Forever Alone

[x] "Nightmare Claw!" <Attempt to freeze her with your technique and make your escape with Phantomon.>

11. Wander

[x] “Nightmare Claw!” <Attempt to freeze her with your technique and make your escape with Phantomon.>

Hopefully we'll make it.

12. [X] “Nightmare Claw!” <Attempt to freeze her with your technique and make your escape with Phantomon.>

13. Flamester

[X] “Nightmare Claw!” <Attempt to freeze her with your technique and make your escape with Phantomon.>

14. Darik29

Because nothing could possibly go wrong with trying to freeze something so overpowered compared to us it's not even funny.

15. Talos

“Nightmare Claw!” You sent a screaming, demon-like spectre of energy from your hands. But Crusadermon was fast too, evading right as it soars over her. You cursed, well of course it wouldn't be that easy. Nothing is ever easy for you is it?

“Crimson Lightning!” A red whip of crackling energy hissed to life in your hand. A motion and it curled around her waist. She grunted in annoyance but you threw her to the side with it and the began to lash her. It had less than the desired effect as upon trying to breach her armour, it burned itself out with a soft pop.

“Foolish virus.” She snarled. “ Now face my fury! Fist of Athena!” She lungeed at you, so fast that she was merely a pink-hued blur.

“Lord Myotismon!” Phantomon cried out, but he was too slow. She was coming for you now, aiming for a direct hit to delete you in one blow and to finis the battle quickly.

Perfect.

The instant before contact, your body dissolved into a swarm of bats. Squawking and shrieking, they flooded her field of view and made her curse in annoyance.

“Foolish scum.” She growled. “ Do you think you can escape me so easily?”

She thought that you were trying to escape? Cute. Escape was certainly the objective, but not quite yet.

Your body reformed quickly from the swarm. Bats melding with each other to form your chest, arms and cape. Unfortunately for her you chose to reform behind her. She turned with a growl as soon as she noticed this but it was too late.

“Nightmare Claw.”

Point-blank range, not even her speed was enough. The attack impacted and threw her clear across the room. She smashed into the far wall and froze in place before she could pick herself up. Breathing heavily, you regarded her for a second. Who knew she'd fall for that? After you initial attack failed, you'd had to think fast. But you hadn't assembled your own flying fortress by being easily wrong-footed. Always have a back-up plan was a mantra that you had tried to live by.

“Come, Phantomon. She will not remain frozen for long. As a Digimon of the mega level, my technique will hold her for minutes if even that. We must move fast.”

“Are you well, master? You seem somewhat...pale.”

“I'm a vampire, what did you expect? I'll be fine in a few moments. Exerting myself so much so soon after taking heavy damage is quite stressful. I'll recover later. We go now.”

“But where master? If Crusadermon knew about the passages, the others may too. We could end up walking into a trap. I don't think you could do that to three Knights rather than just one.”

As much as you hated to admit weakness... he was right. To head forward was to take a risk. But what else could you do? There were other exits of course, but the passage system really was compromised, dare you risk taking the time to reach them? It'd lengthen the time that you spent in the fortress, therefore giving the knights more time to find you. But it was better than walking into a trap.

Unless there was a third option...

Phantomon, always the dependable henchmen, provided it.

“Lord, what of the cards? The Knights came here because they feared we would use them to breach the worlds! If we do that, can we not lose them in the human world? At the very least, they'll need to wait for permission from their Lord in order to follow. It will buy us time.”

“You may be right... It could be our only option. The cards are set up in the treasure room, I have not yet perfected the technique required to use them so we would put ourselves in some risk by trying...”

“More risk than by trying to sneak past the Royal Knights?”

That indeed, was the question.

[] “Too risky... we need to find our way out of the fortress as quickly as possible. We head forward! My army may be in shambles, but as long as I live this is not over.”

[] “The cards are untested, and we don't know what the human world is like. We'll double back and try and alternative route. If luck is with is, the other knights won't finish up in time to stop us.”

[] “You are correct. Even if we escaped the fortress the Knights would hunt is like dogs. We must have somewhere safe to recover and that place is the Real World. Follow me, Phantomon, this is not over yet!”

no one important likes this.
  16. [X] “You are correct. Even if we escaped the fortress the Knights would hunt is like dogs. We must have somewhere safe to recover and that place is the Real World. Follow me, Phantomon, this is not over yet!”

17. Wander

[x] “You are correct. Even if we escaped the fortress the Knights would hunt is like dogs. We must have somewhere safe to recover and that place is the Real World. Follow me, Phantomon, this is not over yet!”

Screw canon, let's start with the real world.

18. Darik29

[] “You are correct. Even if we escaped the fortress the Knights would hunt is like dogs. We must have somewhere safe to recover and that place is the Real World. Follow me, Phantomon, this is not over yet!”

Are...
    Are we gonna take over the Real World now?

Also, can the Crusaders follow us?

19. Entilza

Entilza Forever Alone

[X] “You are correct. Even if we escaped the fortress the Knights would hunt is like dogs. We must have somewhere safe to recover and that place is the Real World. Follow me, Phantomon, this is not over yet!”

Nanao-kun likes this.
  20. Talos

You suspect that the Knights can breach the Real World under their own power; however they will not do so without explicit orders from Yggdrasial and so by going now you expect you'll get at least a few days of recovery time. If luck is with you, Yggdrasial may decide that there is no need to persue since you're already in the human world and that you're their problem now.

It really depends on luck.

21. Flamester

[X] “You are correct. Even if we escaped the fortress the Knights would hunt is like dogs. We must have somewhere safe to recover and that place is the Real World. Follow me, Phantomon, this is not over yet!”

22. Talos

The two of you spun around and began to hurry as quickly as you could. Soon, your laboured breathing was making it hard to continue and with worry, you noted that the damage done by Crusadermon's initial attack was being exacerbated by the rough motions of your retreat and the stress your body was put in when you froze her. You'd need to find some way to recover soon. It doesn't look fatal, but if left untreated it could have consequences.

After several moments, you were sure that Crusadermon would have recovered. In the distance, you could occasionally hear her moving. But the passages were complex and branching. Several times she reacquired you, but each time you managed to lose her by ducking into one of the side-corridors or pausing for a few danger-filled seconds as she continued on and lost you in the shadows.

By the time you reached the treasure room, your wounds were starting to pain you and the cloud of digital matter had returned. Phantomon had taken to shooting you worried looks, and you could hear Crusadermon closing in on your in the distance.

The noose is tightening. You thought to yourself. I wonder if I didn't make a mistake returning to this place? But you kept such morbid thoughts to yourself. Phantomon's loyalty, while unflinching so far, was by no means assured. If you started to doubt yourself now, could you expect him to do any less?

After what seemed like an eternity, you finally arrived at the treasure room. ''Room'' may have been a slight understatement. It was more akin to a vault. The doors and walls made of pure chromedigizoid. Punching in the entrance code, the doors opened just in time. In the distance, there was a cry and a flash of pink armour.

“You can't run from me, Myotismon! This is your end!”

“I think not.” A quick Grisly Wing and she was too busy struggling with the swarm of bats to hinder you as you stepped into the room and the door slammed closed.

“This will hold her for some time.” You said. “But not if she gathers the others... We must work quickly.”

The room was piled high with rare treasures that you had acquired from your many conquests. Gold and jewels and gems of all kind were strewn lazily about the floor. Tribute from your subjects. A small pile of Data-packets was stacked neatly in the far corner. They were preserved for long-lasting use. Crystals about the size of a closed fist, each one could keep a Digimon going for some time. In the other corner, there were various things that you had never found useful. Weapons forged to fight you and your kind, torn from the dying fingers of those that had dared to turn on you. Trophies taken from the mightiest of your fallen foes, armour and weapons and items of all kinds. Rare and priceless pictures hunt on the walls and with its back to the door, there was a jewelled throne of absolutely marvellous workmanship. You had intended it to be your throne when you ruled the Digital World but alas, that seemed now not to be what fate had in store. Your eyes lingered on it for a second, loath to give up such a wondrous item as lost. But the Knights would surely destroy it once they breached the walls and unless you were far away by then, you'd be long past caring about some throne.

Speaking of which, there was the muffled sound of an attack from the wall and the metal began to bend inwards. Crusaderon was stronger – or perhaps madder – than you had thought. She clearly intended to force a breach on her own.

Time to move.

The throne was facing your true objective. A stone tablet with a smoothed surface. Carved on the top, there was a chart. Three pictures and under them, three columns. Above each column, there was a picture of a Digimon. A monkey, a lion and a centaur. Each of the columns in turn held three cards. This was your only clue. The right combination of cards in the right areas would cause the stone gate on the far wall to open and allow you passage into the Real World. However, if you chose the wrong combination the door would still open. It just wouldn't open onto the Real World.

You had to get the combination right and you wouldn't know if you had or not until you had gone through. With the passage echoing with the sound of Crusadermon's assault, you also knew that you didn't have as much time to think as you may have liked.

One chance. You had to do this right the first time or not at all.

[]Clearly, the clues indicate that the cards are to be divided by level. The monkey represents Etemon, an ultimate. The centaur, Centarumon a champion and the final one was SabreLeomon, a mega. Therefore, each card should be sent to the corresponding level.

[] Obviously, the cards are meant to be placed in order of location. Etamon favours cities, Centarumon lives in forests and SabreLeomon is a beast that wanders. Therefore, place each of the cards on accordance with where they most make their home.

[] Perhaps the cards are meant to be placed under those they serve? Both Etamon and SabreLeomon served as well known figures at some point and perhaps the same could be said of Centarumon. Place each of the Digimon under the lord they served under.

[]Ask Phantomon does he know what to do.

[] Other.

no one important and assana73 like this.
  23. fallenblades643

fallenblades643 Return to Orange

[X]Clearly, the clues indicate that the cards are to be divided by level. The monkey represents Etemon, an ultimate. The centaur, Centarumon a champion and the final one was SabreLeomon, a mega. Therefore, each card should be sent to the corresponding level.
    A Logical solution to a logic problem which could be answered by anyone who knew of the digimon mentioned.

24. Wander

[x]Clearly, the clues indicate that the cards are to be divided by level. The monkey represents Etemon, an ultimate. The centaur, Centarumon a champion and the final one was SabreLeomon, a mega. Therefore, each card should be sent to the corresponding level.

25. Entilza

Entilza Forever Alone

[x]Clearly, the clues indicate that the cards are to be divided by level. The monkey represents Etemon, an ultimate. The centaur, Centarumon a champion and the final one was SabreLeomon, a mega. Therefore, each card should be sent to the corresponding level.

Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.