1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/

[Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Fate/Stay Night] Holding Back the Sea

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Ryuugi, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Ryuugi

Ryuugi I got 99 stories but I've finished two!

Summary: Chiron always said there’d be legends about him one day. He hadn’t thought that’d result in him fighting to the death with other Heroes, though. PJatO/F/SN

Holding Back the Sea
    Prologue

XxXXxX

“Have you accurately memorized the incantations of summoning? Good…only, midway through the incantation, add two more lines of incantation.”

“What do you mean?”

“Isn’t it obvious…? Kariya, you should know that as a magus, your abilities are more than just a notch or two below the other Masters. It will affect the basic abilities of the Servant. If that’s the case, it can only be amended through the Servant’s Class, and we must raise the parameter from the root up.”

Predetermining the Servant’s class through alterations of the summoning incantation.

Usually, the class is inevitably decided by the summoned Heroic Spirit’s own attributes, but there were two exceptions—classes that could be designated beforehand.”

One of them was Assassin, a group of killers that inherited the name of Hassan I Sabah.

And the second was a class for all Heroic Spirits and could be manifested as long as the incantation was changed appropriately.

“Give the summoned Servant the attribute of ‘Mad Enhancement,’ Kariya! As the Master of Berserker, fight for me was all of your strength!”

XxXXxX

“Ye first, O silver, O iron
    O stone of the foundation, O Archduke of the Contract.
    Hear me in the name of our great teacher, the Archmagus Schweinorg.
    Let the descending winds be as a wall.
    Let the gates in all directions be shut, rising above the crown, and let the three forked roads to the Kingdom revolve.
    Shut. Shut. Shut. Shut. Shut.
    Five perfections for each repetition.
    And now, let the filled sigils be annihilated in my steed!
    Set!
    Let they body rest under my domain, let my fate rest in thy blade.
    If thou submitteth to the call of the Holy Grail, and if thou wilt obey this mind, this reason, then thou shalt respond.
    I make my oath here.
    I am that person who is to become the virtue of all Heaven.
    I am the person who is covered with the evil of all Hades.
    Yet, thou serves with thine eyes clouded in chaos.
    Thou, bound in the cage of madness.
    I am he who commands those chains—“

Kariya was different from other Magi. His Magic Circuits were made from other organisms that lived in him as parasites. The pain caused by inciting them and activating his circuits was incomparable to that suffered by other magi. Even as he chanted, his limbs spasmed in agony and blood seeped from shattered capillaries. Tears began to flow from his wholesome right eye.

—But even so, his concentration did not lapse.

Thinking of the duty he bore upon his back; he would not let himself shrink back, no matter what.

“—Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words,
    Come past they restraining rings, and be thou the hands that protect the balance!”

Finishing the incantation, he poured all his strength into the summon. It hurt, but even so, he wished and prayed: ‘Please, for Sakura’s sake, let a mighty hero answer my call.”

Thunder and lightning roared. Plume of smoke filled the room, carried like storm clouds on a mighty wind. The summoning circle shone with a brilliant light, from which a bronze silhouette emerged.

He wasn’t tall—an inch or two above Kariya, at most. But he was striking. He looked the part of a hero reborn, his black hair windswept, and his eyes deep green. He wore armor of polished bronze and hints of gold. On his arm was a brand like tattoo, ‘SPQR,’ with a trident and lines beneath.

His eyes swept the room quickly, sliding over Zouken before focusing on Kariya.

“I ask of thee—are you my Master?” Berserker asked.

XxXXxX

2. Hmm, aren't Heroes usually summoned from their point of greatest strength? I would think Curse of Achilles Percy would be the one summoned.

3. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Sinner

... How does Percy qualify as a Berserker?:confused:

Also, our little story idea is all grown up!*sniff* I'm so proud!

4. I'm pretty sure you could find at least one point in the series where he lost it to rage, and even if not, a post series moment.

5. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Sinner

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Curse of Achilles Percy would be summoned myself.

Mind you, he'd be pretty OP by the HGW standards then - he's automatically immune to anything that doesn't directly strike him in a specific spot. A more specialized God Hand hax.

Also, his base abilities are exponentially magnified in Curse of Achilles mode - to the point that he can go toe to toe with Titans.

6. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Sinner

Cite it, because I can't find one of the top of my head.

If you can't directly cite it, at least tell me the book and chapter number, so I can look it up.

7. Been years since I read the 'old' series, but didn't he lose it against Luke a couple of time (before being humiliated every time)?

We have five books with him as the primary protagonist.

The mortal forms of the titan's weren't much more impressive then the mortal forms of the gods, and we are told that not even the Curse of Achilles would save Percy if he looked upon the 'true' form of a titan. That sound a lot like Godhand - only attacks above a certain rank can get through, and that rank is above whatever level the Counterforce lets Demigods and the Moral Forms of Gods bring into play.

8. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Sinner

Still makes him unbelievably hax.

There is a difference between being angry, and completely losing it. Percy's been angry a lot, just like every other person on the planet - he's simply never been so angry that he'd completely lost control, which you need for being a Berserker.

9. More like an idealized version of them is summoned; so he should, depending on how much prana is supplied, be at his peak physical condition with every weapon, power, and skill that is in his legend. So unless something got left out of his legend he should have all the things he used in the books, Percy is going to have a lot of NPs.

10. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower Ex-Cultist Vagrant

Only those associated with him more than anybody else, or a modified version reflecting it for him- remember, no two Heroic Spirits can have the same Noble Phantasm. So, things he only briefly borrowed from another Heroic Spirit, but didn't use uniquely or in a major way, would probably not be summoned with him.

11. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Sinner

That ... actually makes him one of the stronger Servants of the War. Should be cool - he can actually count himself in the same class as Cu Chullainn at least, possibly weakened Saber or Berserker too.

12. Ryuugi

Ryuugi I got 99 stories but I've finished two!

Percy still has the Curse of Achilles. The NP's of Servants are based on the arms, weapons, and most importantly, anecdotes of their history. Just like Lancelot was able to use anything as a weapon, despite only using olive branches and stuff a few times and how most of Rider's weapons pertain to stuff that happened after she died (Bellophoron and Andromeda). At least, I'm pretty sure that how it works. If I'm wrong, though, please tell me so I can remove the SPQR thing; I included that because I had ideas about it, but I've already plotted out the Curse and how it'll effect the story, so it takes precedence.

As for Berserker Percy, he loses it when under the Curse of Achilles, at least as much as Lancer does when he goes crazy in his legends. Also, according to Fate/Zero's light novel, any hero can be a Berserker, as long as the right lines are included.

But I admit, the real reason behind it is that I wanted to put Percy in Fourth War, but he fits mainly as Rider and Saber. I didn't want to get rid of Saber, because, well, that would change everything about both the Fourth and Fifth War and besides, it'd mean Shirou would die, via lack of Avalon. I could have gotten rid of Rider then, but I'll be honest, I didn't want to get rid of Rider. He couldn't be an Assassin, because he wasn't an Hassan, couldn't be a Caster because he had no magic, couldn't be a Lancer because I didn't really think he fit, couldn't be an Archer, because he really didn't fit (and I'd have to get rid of Gil), so he had to be a Berserker.

I remembered the Curse and what it did to him when he fought, and thought it fit. Then I made a plot based off Kariya and Sakura, and decided it could be cool.

13. During one point after he gets the curse, he blanks out when he's fighting the army of shades and comes to after they're all dead. so him being berserker is plausible.

14. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Sinner

Citation needed, casualfarmer - preferably in the form of the book and chapter number.

EDIT: Also, I'm fairly sure the Berserker class doesn't work that way - the hero in question must have gone 'berserk' at least once in his/her lifetime/legend to qualify.

15. maguado87

maguado87 Softy

How would his skill work? Would it be like Godhand that it can survive anything below A rank?

16. ttestagr

ttestagr Joy

Do remember that Servants do not get as many Noble Phantasms as they should unless everything is optimal. A great mage summoning them, a catalyst, and done at the home of the Hero's legend. Cu Chulainn is a good example, as he would have had one or two more Noble Phantasms if Bazette had summoned him in Ireland.

17. Actually with his demigod powers Percy might be able to considered Caster.

While Percy is certainly a heavy hitter in the war don't forget Gil's god binding chain and Ea among his many, many NP's still make him the most dominent force in the war. Hell if Gil applies a little bit of thought he can easily either strangle Percy with the Enkidu or perferate him front to back and head to toe with NPs until he hits his weak spot.

Lancer's Gae Dearg spear should also be able to pierce him as it cancels out NPs among other things.

Beyond all that is the weaknesses all Servants have-thier Masters and prana supply. If either gets taken out then Percy would likely fade pretty damn quick if he dosen't find a new one.

So while Percy is going to be a force to be reconened with, I wouldn't attribute him as being beyond the other Servants in the War.

18. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Sinner

... Um, no one said he was.:confused:

19. minusmagnus

minusmagnus Addicted Reader

Percy actually went nuts once on "Sea of Monsters", when they were running away from the cyclop he decided to buy time. When he noticed what he was doing the other guy was a bloody mess on the ground by an inch o his life.

20. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Sinner

Chapter number/page number?

21. maguado87

maguado87 Softy

What? Percy is not probably not high level summon compare to the 5th war servants. Hercules, Gil, Saber, Medea, ect... are probably broken as fuck

22. EVE-Saiyajin

EVE-Saiyajin The Newbie who knows Stuf

I doubt it. God Hand was based on Herakles' Twelve Labors.
    The Curse is probably going be some sort of overall powerup or something, perhaps similar to Mad Enhancement, though likely stronger. Percy DID beat one of the Big Three and the Lord of Titans using it, and the Curse definitely made him stronger.
    Of course I could be wrong.
    By the way, besides making him more susceptible to being entangled by Enkidu, is Percy's Divinity (he's gotta be at least 1/2 God) helpful at all? I mean, I can't think of any specialized defensive skills the 4th war servants have, least not off the top of my head.

23. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Sinner

First, this is the 4th HGW - which arguably makes things worse.

Secondly, you're underestimating how much his legend would empower him, in addition to the power of the Curse of Achilles and Anaklusmos with it's full power unleashed. This is in addition to the three pearls he got from Poseidon, and any other non-affiliated weapon he might have picked up.

Percy beat the mortal incarnation of the God of War as an untrained brat. He beat several Titans during the last battle, and was easily the strongest hero of his era. He's not weak.

24. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Sinner

One of the implicit powers of the Curse is that Percy is utterly immune to all attacks that don't directly hit him in a specific spot, unless they're god-level attacks. It's definitely comparable to God-Hand. More than that, he's also significantly boosted in that form - enough to go toe to toe with Titans.

His legend involves him defeating Divine Spirits. Make of that what you will.

25. EVE-Saiyajin

EVE-Saiyajin The Newbie who knows Stuf

Sorry, I haven't read the series in awhile and my memory's spotty. I'll have to reread some to have accurate info. My bad guys. Thanks for correcting me Dimensionist.