1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Isil`Zha has been promoted to full Administrator.

[Oppression Intensifies]

3. Are you good at managing/creating Xenforo styles? Do you want to work on making SB's custom style even betterer? If so, PM The Observer!

Sailor Moon Time Loops

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Darkingfire, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Darkingfire All-powerfully impotent.

So this is a sister thread/ continuation of the Sailor Moon Loops thread over on thefanfictionforum.net

The base Time Loops idea is something Innortal came up with, and here's the premise as copy/pasted from Saphroneth's MLP Time Loops Thread;

Loop mechanics (general):

One person in a Loop, often the main character, is an Anchor. They are the person who first starts time looping.
    There is always at least one Anchor present in a given Time Loop snippet, though it may not be the local one.
    The standard pattern for a loop is that the Anchor (and whoever else is Looping there) come to awareness in a loop at a particular point in the story. From there, events will play out as influenced by the Loopers present, acting with the benefit of their foreknowledge, until either a predetermined end point is reached or all the Loopers have copped it.
    To be Awake is to be aware of the time loops (that is, to have gone back in time this time.)
    The Anchor is the only character guaranteed to be Awake. Even after others have started looping, it is mostly random as to whether they will be Awake this particular loop.
    Crossovers, fusions, and alternate pasts can also take place. It is perfectly possible, for example, to have the characters Awaken into a loop which conforms to a fanfic universe rather than reality.
    Loops do not have to be in chronological order, but it is strongly preferred that they not require a mutually contradictory order (where A must be before B and B must be before A.)
    Just about every Looper is very, very stir crazy.

Here are the specifics of the Sailor Moon Loops, as I understand them:

Usagi Tsukino and Setsuna Meioh are the Co-Anchors.

The Loop generally begins the morning Usagi was originally found by Luna.

So far, there doesn't seem to be a natural end to the Loop.

The Sailor Scouts seem to be Awake more often than not.

Have at.
  2. Darkingfire All-powerfully impotent.

Loop 1:1

"Hey! Watch it!" King Endymion caught the smaller blond girl before she could barrel into him, "What's the ru- Serenity?"

Huge blue eyes shot to his face, and a gigantic grin broke out across the girl's face.

"Endymion?" she asked, studying his face.

Endymion nodded, "Serenity, what's going on? Why are you so young? What happened to Crystal Tokyo?"

"It's Usagi still, Mamo-chan." She said, tugging herself gently out of his grasp, "I'm so happy you're awake now!"

Lacing her fingers through his, Usagi tugged Mamoru down the street toward the Crown Arcade, chattering happily about all the cool pranks they could play together now that he was awake, and she was so happy, because now she didn't have to put up with his stupid machoness and trying to protect her, and Rei was going to be sooo jealous and was this his first time Looping?

The actual question jolted Mamoru back to reality, and he realized that she'd situated them in one of the more isolated booths and a steaming cup of coffee rested in front of him.

"What?" He asked, and Usagi was off again, explaining about how there was some weird kind of time loop going on, and she was something called an Anchor, but this was the first time she'd ever met him while he was Awake.

"Wait, so, what happened to Crystal Tokyo?" he asked, and Usagi smiled brightly at him.

"It hasn't happened yet. I thought maybe Makoto could be Neo-Queen Serenity this time."

Mamoru gaped at Usagi, who simply smiled beatifically at him.
    ---------

Wasn't sure if I could write Usagi's first loop, so I did Mamoru's instead. ^_^
  3. Ranma-sensei Reality-breaking Vampire Elementalist

Oookay, Mamoru being told about the Loops by the resident motor mouth.

Nothing could possibly go wrong. *dons hard hat*
  4. Darkingfire All-powerfully impotent.

Nope! I don't see how this could possibly go badly! XD
  5. DrTempo The Doc of XOvers

Uh...any way to have the thread title changed a bit to show this is Sailor Moon Loops?
    And here's an idea- A loop set in the world of the fic "Beautiful Destroyer Sailor Moon."
  6. Darkingfire All-powerfully impotent.

Unfortunately, not that I know of, otherwise I would have fixed the 'm'. -_-;
    Do you have a link to the fic? I don't think I've ever read it.
  7. DrTempo The Doc of XOvers

Using a PSP right now, so can't make links...maybe search FF.net? You'll find it easily...
    And ask a mod if they can help change the thread name.
  8. Leonite The Kaminamuffin. Kaminacake if you prefer.

Ask them to make it "Sailor Moon Time Loops"

Also, Beautiful Destroyer Sailor Moon... sounds familiar
    Ranma-sensei likes this.
  9. thewatcher Lady of Edelye

tv tropes has the fic in the index...
  10. Darkingfire All-powerfully impotent.

Will do! Thanks for the heads up about the fic.

*nods*
  11. DrTempo The Doc of XOvers

Said fic is by the Ero-Sennin himself, the guy behind the Ranma fic "Key To A Successful Interview."
  12. Leonite The Kaminamuffin. Kaminacake if you prefer.

Wait... waaaait... isn't that the one where a bunch of fans get stuck in the bodies of the Senshi pre series and decide to make them more awesome?
  13. thewatcher Lady of Edelye

I don't think so... But would like to see it!
  14. DrTempo The Doc of XOvers

Nope. It's basically Sailor Moon getting the Ero-Sennin touch-crazy awesome, bucketloads of shout outs, and more.
  15. Darkingfire All-powerfully impotent.

Just hit chapter 16... holy crap. It's funny, pervy and seems to be overall made of win. I'm honestly having trouble thinking of a way for the baseline characters to loop into that one.
    Maybe instead, BDSM Usagi replaces Baseline Usagi?
    Ranma-sensei and Rufus Shinra like this.
  16. Leonite The Kaminamuffin. Kaminacake if you prefer.

Doesn't work. Not unless the BDSM ones are looping, and you save that sort of thing for down the line. Introduce basic concepts first, maybe odd loops where things changed, maybe Beryl won, or the senshi still rule planets.
  17. elemenster your soul has tells

shes a die hard kamen rider fan
  18. TakamachiFeito pickles

That sounds fun, can i haz link?
  19. Destrark Solidarity

You only read BDSM today? you poor person, f-ing love that fic and all the interview-verse fics Ero-Sennin has.
    You could have the Anchors and a couple of people Awake(suggest Hotaru and Rei) in BDSMverse and having to deal with the crazy shit that's on a completely different level to canon(Usagi dealing with a lesbian Naru that dominates her, or her sexually deviant parents and teacher, or Shingo part of Mamoru's Masquerade and the Awake people interacting with the suddenly on their side Jaedite and his Youma).
    Although if Usagi has been timelooping for a while then Jaedite on her side will be likely nothing new. And the Generals expressions as they see her so crazier magic than even BDSMUsagi has been slinging round.
  20. Darkingfire All-powerfully impotent.

Yeah, I realized it wouldn't work about half an hour after I went to bed. -_-;
    The only other real problem I have with writing a loop involving BDSM is the fact that it honestly strikes me as something they (the Scouts, Naru and Mamoru) would do if they all woke up super early in the loop (after having been looping a really long time.) Seems like the ultimate boredom buster; see how crazy they can be, while still getting shit done and being awesome doing it.
  21. Darkingfire All-powerfully impotent.

I think I started to read something like it a long time ago, but the Usagi in that story was ultra pro-communism, and Minako was a dominatrix, and after a while it just got so ridiculous I couldn't read any more. The first couple of chapters are basically identical between the two stories though. (From what I remember.)

Something else that popped into my head as I fell asleep; complete Genderswap. Prince Tranquility of the Moon Kingdom saw and fell in love with the Princess Cordelia (or whatever) of the Earth Kingdom... cue the court sorcerer Jasper falling into a jealous rage, since he wanted Cordelia for his own. etc. etc. etc.
    Thoughts?
    djibriel likes this.
  22. GhostKing 666 Bringing Nightmares to life evey minute

Red Moon, and it only has one chapter.
  23. Darkingfire All-powerfully impotent.

Yup, that'd be it. I wonder why it got so mixed up with BDSM in my head?
  24. Darkingfire All-powerfully impotent.

1:2
    Neo-Queen Serenity, ruler of Crystal Tokyo, devoted wife and mother, and former Sailor Moon rolled over and promptly fell off her bed.
    A yelp was muffled by the blankets that had decided to join her on her exodus, and a stream of curses coloured the air as she fought her way out of the tangle of blankets.
    With a final shout of triumph, Serenity tore herself free of the blankets, leaping to her feet and preparing to jump on her husband for laughing at her when she noticed something.
    This was not the royal bedroom in the Crystal Palace.
    It wasn't even the honeymoon suite that she and Endymion used on their anniversary.
    Face pale, Serenity turned in a circle, taking in the pink walls and piles of stuffed animals.
    Even after a thousand years, Serenity could recognize her old room.
    "Usagi!" Ikuko Tsukino's strident voice drifted up the stairs, "You're going to be late!"
    The word 'late' seemed to flip a switch in her head, and suddenly Neo-Queen Serenity was simply Usagi, rushing around the room in a panic as she pulled her hair into her customary odangos and found the least wrinkled uniform she could.
    "I'mlateI'mlateI'mlaaaaaate!"
    Apparently blind panic could be useful, because five minutes later the blond was brushed, dressed, and bolting out the front door, following the route that was both vaguely remembered, and as familiar as if she'd run it yesterday.
    Which, her brain told her, she had.
    Still, existential crises later. Right now she had to get to school befo-
    Yowling, hissing, and laughter pulled her to a screeching stop and drew her into a nearly empty parking lot where a group of elementary school kids were huddled around something black on the ground.
    "Hey!"
    Startled, the kids moved enough for Usagi to get a glimpse of what they'd been tormenting, and she gasped in indignant fury.
    "Leave that cat alone!"
    The kids scattered, and Usagi strode forward to scoop up the black cat.
    "Hey there Luna." She murmured, carefully peeling the adhesive bandage from her advisor's forehead.
    The Mau stared at her for a moment, then wriggled her way free and leapt over to the roof of a nearby car, watching her contemplatively.
    "Oh come on Luna, I don't have time for you to be all mysterious and junk. I know you can talk." Usagi's foot was beating out an impatient rhythm on the asphalt and she crossed her arms.
    "You can remember me?" Luna said hesitantly, and Usagi threw her arms up into the air.
    "Yes! You were my advisor for centuries, how could I forget!?"
    Luna's eyes widened and she bowed quickly, "Your Majesty, I-"
    Usagi waved her off, "Don't worry about it. Do you know what's going on?"
    "The D-" Luna was cut off by Usagi's head whipping around, the distant pealing of a bell just barely audible.
    "Shit!"
    Luna watched bemusedly as her Queen raced away, her golden pigtails flying.
    -----
    Using every scrap of diplomacy at her disposal, Usagi barely managed to escape being locked out of the house for her bad math grade, and wasn't at all surprised to find Luna sitting on her bed, waiting for her.
    Dropping her bookbag with a thump, she motioned for the mau to begin her report, and changed into her favourite set of soft, flannel pyjamas as she listened.
    "Central Control has informed me that the Dark Kingdom has begun to collect energy in greater quantities than ever before. They have informed me that the Sailor Scouts will likely awaken soon, and I am to find and guide them in their search for the Princess. The Dark Kingdom have so far limited their obvious attacks to London, in England, but signs point to much more subtle incursions here in Tokyo."
    Usagi frowned as Luna continued to fill her in, in much greater detail than she remembered from the first time this had happened.
    Luna was acting like this was the first time. As if Beryl and Metalia were only just beginning to regain their strength from when Queen Serenity had sealed them away. But Luna had called her 'Majesty' and seemed to recognize her...
    "Luna," Usagi interrupted, "do the words Crystal Tokyo ring any bells?"
    The black cat paused, taken aback. "No?" she said, "Should they, your Majesty?"
    Usagi smiled, "No, don't worry about it. Proceed."
    Inwardly, she was cackling with glee. This was priceless. Somehow she'd gone back in time to when Luna had first met her, and by acting like Luna should know her, she'd made the Mau think that Usagi was actually Queen Serenity!
    She would definitely have to get Setsuna something nice for her birthday.
  25. DrTempo The Doc of XOvers

Looks like Usagi's gonna enjoy this loop...
    As for a BDSM Loop, have Ami be the Looper(as outta all the Inners, she's the closest to canon in said fic.)