1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/
  3. We are having a contest for a new Spacebattles Logo. Come check out the thread for more info. Prizes may be involved.

Samus's strength and Zebes's gravity

Discussion in 'SciFi Technical Discussions' started by nyc48, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.
  1. I was looking around today and I found this. Now my question, is any of it true?

2. Q99

Q99

Where'd they get the mass and radius figures from?

3. Shadow Archon

Shadow Archon Solidarity

Maybe Metroid Prime, in the hologram room?

Edit:

Its from the Metroid Prime website:

Mass: 4.8 trillion teratons
    Class: Class XIX,[1] Class 5B.[2]
    Size: 11,700 km diameter [3]
    Atmosphere: Presumably oxygen.
    Distinct features: Massive hollow crust due to Urthic ore.

4. LoofahBoy

LoofahBoy Maximum roadkill

I'm sorry, 865g is just ridiculous. If her body was acclimated to 865g she would literally look more like a very flat sea slug. She wouldn't even look remotely human.

5. According to those figures Zebes is literally ~730 times the mass of Earth while having a noticeably lower diameter (its about a megameter thinner). This gives it a density of around 5186.47 tonnes per cubic metre, as opposed to Earth's density of 5.515 tonnes per cubic metre.

:wtf:

6. Vehrec

Vehrec HAB Mecha-Hater

Samus in Zebes' gravity:

[​IMG]

7. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry General Edmund Duke

So how does she demonstrate this suppoed strenght ofworld?

8. Palp

Palp Not badass enough.

I have a theory, what we see as Samus, the suited up female heroine is actually what our minds substitute the horrid unstoppable tentacle blob of doom into. Her conflict with Mother Brain didn't consist so much of jumping through Zebes as oozing into the fortress and emit evil screams of terror as she snatched and devoured the poor lifeforms within.

Tsjoat, Shifter and Kokurokoki like this.
  9. The Metroid Prime website is wrong on many levels.

10. Shadow Archon

Shadow Archon Solidarity

Not only does it state that Zebes has this mass, the game does too, and the game mentions multiple planets with this insane mass.

11. The easiest assumption is that the guy who wrote those screwed up the units, using "tons" when he meant "kilograms" (because terrakilogram just doesn't sound right).

12. Q99

Q99

Fixed the link.

13. Teratons!!!

At last!!!

14. SuperS4

SuperS4 15/10 on the Evil Mod Meter Moderator

It would be teragrams, kilo is the prefix, tera is also a prefix, so it would be teragrams, not terakilograms(which would actually be 1000xtrillion, also known as a peta :p)

15. Draxis

Draxis ...

she was genetically enhanced by the Chozo.

16. They enhanced what needed to be enhanced.

17. Leo1

Leo1 Vicious Attack Dog Subscriber

Can't really tell what's going on in that comic. Bad art.

And lack of Bewbs.

Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.