1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/
  3. Alamo, dacis2, Erisah Mae, and KnightErrant are now Moderators. I for one welcome your new overlords, and so should you! - CommanderRazor on behalf of the SB Staff

(STORY) SWTG: Super-Nove

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by AdmiralTigercla, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.
  1. AdmiralTigercla

AdmiralTigercla GCFA Fleet Command

2. 00Zy99

00Zy99 In winter, is Zeong

Woot!

New Thread!

First Post!

3. Boristus

Boristus Unprolific Artist, Unmotivated Writer

So, how easy is it to disable "Walter", if Olivie managed it?

4. 00Zy99

They had no way of knowing that there wasn't someone else on board and that there wasn't an automated failsafe. They couldn't let it get in position while they're trying to figure that out.

marcoasalazarm likes this.
  5. HecateGW

HecateGW No longer rampant and practicing techno-sorcery.

Capturing the cradle would have been a potentially huge boon for the TSAB, but, I suppose whoever was in charge made the choice to take it out, permanently.

6. AdmiralTigercla

On the contrary, they fully knew the ship was unmanned at that point. Nanoha kind of took out both the key, and the controller within minutes of each other once she found Quattro.

They just ditched it and blew it up.

marcoasalazarm likes this.
  7. Salty

Salty Earth-bound Misfit

Since when have you had theme music?

8. AdmiralTigercla

9. Salty

Salty Earth-bound Misfit

So this season has been running for at least two years?

Huh.

DarthDakka likes this.
  10. 00Zy99

Look at it from their perspective.

Would YOU want to stake the future of your country on that being the only control system? How do you know that that wasn't a decoy? What if there was another cyborg somewhere? What if there's an automated program running? Sure, the info you have says that only the Sankt Kaiser can control the ship, but Jail's had it for a while now and he's clearly made SOME changes, so what's to say that he hasn't made more? Besides, the AMF is ramping up, and the drones are going berserk, so transferring control is going to be difficult. You have a few minutes AT MOST before you find out if your right or wrong. Better safe than sorry. You have good tech as it is, do you need to be risking more and sticking your neck out?

11. AdmiralTigercla

The drones didn't go berserk.

They dropped dead.

12. So it's Nove time, I see.

13. 00Zy99

OK, my bad on that, been a while since I watched. But seriously, Nanoha cast Wide Area Search looking for Quattro. As far as she knows, there's a possibility of someone else. And how do you know that the drones will STAY dead? They could start up again at any time.

The hostages that they're aware of are rescued, they've gotten the criminals (at least the ones that they can find) into custody, and anyone else theoretically knew what they were getting into. That they were able to save the lives that they did counts as a good end in their book.

14. Jonen C

Jonen C F.M.D.G.

Feyn likes this.
  15. 00Zy99

What, are you kidding? Why the hell would we want her stop? :confused:

It's SUPER-NOVE!! She's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

16. Jonen C

Jonen C F.M.D.G.

Because she's doing it every time, all the time, twenty four seven.

17. 00Zy99

I fail to see the problem.

Besides, she'll get tired of it eventually, right?

18. ...but can she detonate a star?

19. I think that there is a problem with the field commanders not trusting their bosses at all at this point. The Main Office probably would have ordered them to take it intact, which is why they blew it up.

I mean, they just learned that this entire thing was a TSAB project that really gone slightly (only slightly) off course, that TSAB's leadership has been willing to permit and secretly participate in various crimes and unethical medical experiments in order to find and weaponize dangerous lost logia. Perhaps they were justified in thinking that providing the asshats in charge with a planet-busting warship was a bad idea.

StrikaAmaru likes this.
  20. Valiran

Valiran Solidarity

Rule #18: It's better to seek forgiveness than ask permission.

21. Bacle

Bacle Solidarity

These new snips seem promising, though if this is just the tip of the metaphorical iceberg in terms of Walker's sanity slippage I'm guessing it'll get a lot worse before it gets better.

As for the Cradle situation, the amount of tension and stress running through the whole affair makes the reactions shown seem plausible though the whole thing with Walter seems a bit out there. While an AI can certainly have a set of proprieties like the Admiral has set forth, the situation doesn't seem to favor it's or the Kaiser's survival if escalation occurs. Now it's choices could be easily explained away as a form of Rampancy, which given the AI's age and condition seems plausible. But if Walter was thinking clearly, like an AI should, I would think it would realize that despite the Cradle's power it is putting the Kaiser's life at unnecessary risk.

22. iamnuff

iamnuff Unapologetic

so, every time i come into this thread people are talking about the cradle, drones or stuff that happens in a future loops (far future by the sounds of it)

last i heard you were still in ranma verse.

i keep seeing snips posted, but no full chapters (or, atleast not where i'm checking for them)

is there something in the "current" chapter that just has you stumped, so you decided to work on the next loop instead?

23. Someone should really think about handing Luna some heavy-duty tranq darts for Walker if things go on. :wtf: (not the 'instant-knock-out' ones, the 'muscle relaxant+euphoriant+mild hallucinogen' ones)

24. iamnuff

iamnuff Unapologetic

honestly, he would probably benefit from both types.

25. True, but the latter type doesn't lead to instant dimension-hopping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.