1. Account registrations are closed at this time. Sorry about the inconvenience. Won't be forever, though, so check in from time to time. - CommanderRazor
  2. Hey guys. Good news regarding the site. Please read:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/sbs-future.304145/

-Face.

Transformers Loops

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Jcogginsa, Feb 14, 2014.

1. This thread is for the Transformers section of the Infinite Loops Fanfiction series.

Here are the basic mechanics of the series, copy pasted from the fifth MLP loops thread

One person in a Loop, often the main character, is an Anchor. They are the person who first starts time looping.

There is always at least one Anchor present in a given Time Loop snippet, though it may not be the local one.
    The standard pattern for a loop is that the Anchor (and whoever else is Looping there) come to awareness in a loop at a particular point in the story. From there, events will play out as influenced by the Loopers present, acting with the benefit of their foreknowledge, until either a predetermined end point is reached or all the Loopers have copped it.
    To be Awake is to be aware of the time loops (that is, to have gone back in time this time.)
    The Anchor is the only character guaranteed to be Awake. Even after others have started looping, it is mostly random as to whether they will be Awake this particular loop.
    Crossovers, fusions, and alternate pasts can also take place. It is perfectly possible, for example, to have the characters Awaken into a loop which conforms to a fanfic universe rather than reality.
    Loops do not have to be in chronological order, but it is strongly preferred that they not require a mutually contradictory order (where A must be before B and B must be before A.)
    Just about every Looper is very, very stir crazy.

Anchor: Vector Prime - Soul-bonded Co-Anchor: Safeguard
    Note: Due to Vector Prime's position as guardian of time and space for the TFverse, and his usual location outside time and between dimensions, a unique opportunity was afforded by making him the Anchor for the entire Transformers branch.
    The experimental coding arrangement resulted in the following:
    1) While all other Anchors can only support a single Loop iteration at a time, Vector Prime can support up to six at once running in tandem.
    Note: This unique property only applies to when he's in his home branch. If he Awakens in another branch, he's just like any other Anchor.
    Note the second: The number of iterations he supports usually tends to the lower end so as not to overtax his ability as an Anchor.
    2) Vector Prime always Awakens in the void outside time and between dimensions when in the TFverse. Or at least when he's supporting more than one iteration. He is free to enter any Loop iteration currently running in the branch, or not if he so chooses.
    3) As an unexpected side effect of his unique Anchor arrangement, someone else must be Awake in each Loop iteration he's supporting.
    4) As another unexpected side effect, any Transformers character (except Primus, Unicron, or any part thereof) regardless of species or affiliation has the potential to become a looper. It's one of the main reasons his unique Anchor arrangement hasn't been tried again.
    5) The character can begin looping with the baseline memories and personality of any version of themselves. How they handle looping as other versions of themselves tends to vary though. Optimus Prime is faring pretty well. Wheeljack... not so much.
  2. SotF Apocalypse How

You know, the only one that fits the anchor slot for all of transformers is Starscream...
  3. OathToOblivion TA~JA~DO-RU!

Yes, because Starscream clearly wouldn't be a candidate for Sakura Syndrome. /SarcasmMode
    What about Optimus?
  4. how about we use Transformers prime and make one of the kids the anchor?
  5. Leon89 Okay.

Then I could probably use that as an Argument to make Sari from Animated an Anchor and Sam from Bayformers. Which would be interesting all things considered, but in the grand scheme of things the stories are about the bots.
    JkaDestiny likes this.
  6. OathToOblivion TA~JA~DO-RU!

Optimus for Anchor then?
  7. SotF Apocalypse How

But the hip thrusts and possession spark...

He pretty much survived through every timeline, only the end of Animated actually kills him...
    Kerrus likes this.
  8. first, I think we should decide whether each continuity is it's own loop, or if they're variants
    JkaDestiny likes this.
  9. Leon89 Okay.

That's personally what I believe, with probably one or two exceptions. Bayverse should go to Bumble Bee, he's the only real one with character. Shatter Glass is Megatron. Otherwise all variant of Optimus.

The other rule I'd like to make is that the original primes can never loop neither should Primus and Unicron. All of them are more or less powerful enough to be aware of the loops existing. So they are big deals, but they can't take advantage of the loops like a looper can.
  10. OathToOblivion TA~JA~DO-RU!

The Aligned verse is definitely its own Loop. I'm not sure about G1 though, considering it has Beast Wars taking place millions of years after the rest.
  11. OathToOblivion TA~JA~DO-RU!

While its actually SHATTERED Glass, this all the way. Especially Megatron.
  12. i'm gonna ask Saph for his opinion
  13. Leon89 Okay.

Seperate time lines for G1 and Beast Wars. We can assume that Beast Wars happens after a cannon G1. Though if it came down to it Beast Wars is less of a headache to write for.
  14. OathToOblivion TA~JA~DO-RU!

You don't need to ask him about everything.
    How is G1 Aligned?
  15. I know, but I felt it would be the least confusing way to do this.
  16. Leon89 Okay.

Was meaning to delete that. I looked it up to make sure. I was thinking the G1 comics when writing aliged there. I'm on my phone so making more mistakes than normal.

If it's not clear the Optimus for beast wars is Primal.
  17. Okay, Saph has answered me.

He prefers the "G1 is baseline, but Characters have an equal or greater chance of waking up in variants." model
  18. OathToOblivion TA~JA~DO-RU!

That still makes no sense, especially with Beast Wars and Shattered Glass.
  19. Well, for those, I propose this solution:
    1. Beast wars is a linked loop, and not subject to the variant thing. Things loop their mostly as normal
    2. Shattered Glass verse is a distinct loopset, similar to Lorule in the Zelda loops.
  20. OathToOblivion TA~JA~DO-RU!

If that's the case, then when Grimlock is awake, since he was on the Axalon Fused Loops with the G1 baseline will be a thing. That, and SG has a Tandem Run with G1 baseline because of Cliffjumper.
  21. I always had this vision of looping Optimus becoming a counselor or Therapist to the other Loopers. He just seems like the sort of guy you would feel comfortable opening up to.
    Gamerex27 and OathToOblivion like this.
  22. Eh, the cliffjumper thing occurred in the G1 comics, not the cartoon which is the baseline. So sometimes it happens sometimes it don't.
  23. OathToOblivion TA~JA~DO-RU!

Why is the cartoon the baseline?
  24. Isn't that where it all started? Seems right enough.
    Happerry likes this.
  25. it'll be the one most are familiar with, I think.