1. Account registrations are closed at this time. Sorry about the inconvenience. Won't be forever, though, so check in from time to time. - CommanderRazor
  2. Hey guys. Good news regarding the site. Please read:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/sbs-future.304145/

-Face.

Who Do You Want To Write The Next Halo Book

Discussion in 'Space Battles' started by Imperial Waltz, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Imperial Waltz Groove Vader

Ah yes Halo, able to garner the attention of literary giants like Greg Bear and literary plagues such as Traviss simultaneously. With such a great history of highs and lows its no wonder fans ether sing in joy or scream in anger when the newest Halo author is announced.

So the question is to you, fellow SBers, who do you want to write the next installment of the Halo novels and why? The only rule is you can't choose someone that's already worked in the franchise.
  2. Gaius Marius HUH-HA-HUH!

3. SpaceDoge Such solidarity wow

Glenn Beck.
    The Reaper and Generalissimo like this.
  4. TheCrazyMan Don't fuck with this senator!

If it can be any genre author, Abnett. If we're being realistic, KRATMAN, SPACE MARINE!
    The Reaper and greendoor like this.
  5. Triggerhappy You Gotta Listen to Big Sis!

. . . I was going to say someone good, but yeah at this point the franchise needs to be burned to the ground.
    Hyperion and Generalissimo like this.
  6. Imperial Waltz Groove Vader

Why?
    TheProffesor and TheCrazyMan like this.
  7. TheCrazyMan Don't fuck with this senator!

Eh, it was good up until Bear and Traviss got their hands on it.

Mind you that's still three books.
    Omanisat likes this.
  8. Zak757 Solidarity

All those poor gay people being beaten by Spartan super soldiers. :(
  9. Imperial Waltz Groove Vader

Traviss I can agree with but Bear? Bear is the best thing to happen to Halo since Nylund.
    Mendicant Bias and TheProffesor like this.
  10. TheCrazyMan Don't fuck with this senator!

Eeeehhhh...

I dunno. Maybe this is just me, but I always liked the Forerunners being mystical and unknown. It was cool that way, you didn't know what the Flood even WAS, you didn't know exactly how advanced the Forerunners were, etc. They were a mystery. Enter the Forerunner Saga and they suddenly get their entire culture mapped out. I dunno, that kind ruins the suspense for me. Plus the Precursors, the Ancient Human Empire, and more.
    The Reaper, Night_stalker and Odo like this.
  11. Imperial Waltz Groove Vader

What's wrong with any of those things?
    TheProffesor likes this.
  12. Triggerhappy You Gotta Listen to Big Sis!

The decision to do The Forererunner saga is a criticism against 343. If it was going to be done, Bear was probably the best man for the job.
  13. Richardson Solidarity

Yeah, the whole Precusors are insane fucking dicks, and the 'ancient human empire' things insure that I will never read the Forerunner Trilogy.
  14. TheCrazyMan Don't fuck with this senator!

Call me crazy, but Halo was never about the Forerunners to me. It was about the UNSC fighting a foe not for victory, but to survive, to spite them for every scrap of dirt they'd taken. It was about the black ops raids and the men in the trenches and the iron men in titanium ships. The Forerunners were background material. It depresses me that they've become the main facet of the franchise noe.
  15. Richardson Solidarity

That works. I want to see Idiotonsky beg for mercy by the time he's done.
    *THASF* and TheProffesor like this.
  16. TheProffesor Elder Scrolls Lore Fan

I would have picked Ian Banks for the Forerunner Saga if he would do it. For just the regular books, I would go with John Scalzi. He did a good job with Old Man's War. I think he could do even better than Nylund.
  17. Imperial Waltz Groove Vader

Eh, I disagree. But arguing over an subjective opinion is fruitless.
    Specially when this thread is about arguing over future installments. :p
  18. TheCrazyMan Don't fuck with this senator!

I wouldn't mind seeing more Forerunner-focused stuff though. I just wish they hadn't revealed everything and ruined the mystery.

Plus when the only place you can get your UNSC fix now in days is a Travissty...
  19. Imperial Waltz Groove Vader

From what I hear allot of people at 343 don't like Traviss. But, you know, contracts are a bitch.
  20. Triggerhappy You Gotta Listen to Big Sis!

But are they obligated to integrate her books with the games or do they just have to wrap up the novels?
  21. Imperial Waltz Groove Vader

A little of both. She's writing in some characters they need introduced but I'm sure after her third book they have to let her write under contract they'll be done with her.
  22. fijkus Does this look like the face of mercy?

Elizabeth Moon if we're doing something with civilians, or militants who are obstinately civilian. Because when I read the Vatta's War series, I actually enjoyed it.
    Generalissimo likes this.
  23. HecateGW No longer rampant and practicing techno-sorcery.

She writes in some characters who mysteriously die off in mere seconds after their introduction in the games?

Hey, no one said that the characters had to survive the whole damn game.

They just get introduced as the contract stated.

Right?

Right.
    Generalissimo likes this.
  24. kinkade0001 Collective Individualist.

Why does she hate Halsey so much?
  25. Sith A Rather Disgruntled Individual

Uh, another BungieTard.

I would actually like to see Greg Bear write halo books set post war, after the Kilo-Five Trollogy has been 'completed'
    Lord Necronis and Imperial Waltz like this.