1. The Rules of Spacebattles are now in a convenient location. Read them. Do it now.
  2. Welcome Guest to the new SB! Come on in, we're running the newest XF version now on new servers. Talk about it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-in-together.311779/
  3. We are having a contest for a new Spacebattles Logo. Come check out the thread for more info. Prizes may be involved.

X3:Albion Prelude

Discussion in 'Games & Gaming' started by Hiver, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.

1. ...Yeah i'm getting that expansion.

Now how the flying hell will i have time to sleep? Skyrim, TOR and now this??

2. Hooray, I'm getting it for free! :D

Edit: Oh and if it isn't obvious, it is because I own the Superbox; I will not be pirating it.

3. IMO you should buy it anyway to support one of the very few space sim companies;)

4. Well, I could always buy someone else a copy. :p

5. I may buy this. Looks very interesting.

6. I want!!!

7. I'm probably going to buy this too. Anyway, here's the trailer.

[yt]TJ7z1HVonUM[/yt]

8. prometheus110

prometheus110 Solidarity

They blew up the torus? That's it, grab your battlecruisers and mk 2 fighters. There's assholes to kill.

9. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox Supreme Commander of the Terran Starship Command

Roger Lead! Moving in to attack!

[can't help with that]

10. ...stock exchange ftw. Invest in one station and then blow up the competition for massive profitsssss.

11. Zubin

Zubin User

It helps that two of the three aren't worthwhile :)

12. Workable Goblin

Workable Goblin Spacepony

Looks interesting. Also, it just so happens to come out the day of my last final, which is rather convenient.

13. Brellin

Brellin Bolos are magical

Dunno, it not being compatable with prior saves and likely requiring me to wait weeks if not months for my favorite mods to be updated kinda puts a dampener on it.

14. Ryan

Ryan Ghetto Rocket Scientist

Is the combat itself fun in the X series?

15. Brellin

Can be, so long as your computer doesn't have issues running it at a good frame rate. If you computer has problems running it though combat becomes all but impossible. That and the X games have a rather steep learning curve.

16. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox Supreme Commander of the Terran Starship Command

As in 'you die a few hundred times without a complex super joystick' hard... and a hotkey reference card for said joystick... and the keyboard.

17. The last games had a mouse + keybord control like freelancer did. Combat is not that complicated if you are not flying in a multi - turret M2 with a couple of M3-5 as wingman.

Flying your ship around is rather easy, what can be difficult is running a fleet or trading empire.

18. Brellin

You don't need a joystick. I play with a mouse an keyboard just fine and have no problems at all.

19. Screwball

Screwball Smug SD Cabalist

Yeah, the combat works, but it's not a space flight sim like, say, Freespace was. Not that blowing stuff up isn't fun, but it's not the sole focus of the series, and it definitely shows when you compare it to more traditional space sims.

20. Soulgazer

Soulgazer Dunno what to put here

Did the Commonwealth blow up the Torrus?

21. No Idea. Just know it was blown up.

22. Well thanks for the offer. I accept :D

Except the Teladi probably have the exact same idea. I'm staying far far away from the stock exchange. I would end up bankrupt over night

23. So, this game is out in 2 days on steam? How much?

24. St_Evil

St_Evil Crusade of the Paper HAT!

it's sort of mentioned all over the place on their website ;)

Thread Status:
This thread lies dormant for more than 14 days. Restarting it causes mods to gaze in your direction.